Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is so Interesting About a Farming Pack?

Comments

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I only want it for animals. I feel like farming would be better as a gamepack unless it comes with multiple animals, like horses. I desperately want horses.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Okay, wait. I know how they could spice up the concept. Ready? ...

...Steampunk farming! That would be pretty cool, right? Right??

Anyone? Just me?
    #Team Occult
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Anyone? Just me?

Ohh... I’m game :) there could be some really wicked machinery involved.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Simmers voted in laundry as their most wanted stuff pack and the question you have is why do some want farming? :lol:
  • 02frostbite02frostbite Posts: 4 New Member
    From my point of view, they already made pretty decent improvements in Seasons, so I don't really see why they would bother with it again. Also I don't think horses would work in TS4, it just wouldn't be fun. To me, horses were fun in TS3 because it had an open world, you could trot around the town, use it as a vehicle etc. So I can't see a point, really.

Anyone? Just me?

Ohh... I’m game :) there could be some really wicked machinery involved.

Exactly! With all of the giant interactive objects, they might as well give us huge, steam-burping farming machines!
    #Team Occult
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Anyone? Just me?

Steampunk farming kinda reminds me of Frostpunk :joy:
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Anyone? Just me?

I had to look that up. It looks cool! Haha :D
    #Team Occult
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Anyone? Just me?

I had to look that up. It looks cool! Haha :D

It is actually really good! If you ever feel like a city building / strategy game with minor story elements, you should try it xD it's free if you have Origin Access
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Im not interested in a farming pack at all, but if they do make one I think they should bring back the cooking contest and stuff like that. It's EA's chance to make a really domestic pack (which sims 4 is lacking) but I'm not sure they will.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Simmers voted in laundry as their most wanted stuff pack and the question you have is why do some want farming? :lol:

I didn't know the game existed during the time of the Community Stuff Pack :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Farming will only work if it can be an into-the-past gameplay where your sims can time-travel into the past & live there.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Your sim gets up at 5, gathers eggs, milks the cow, feeds the chickens, slops the hogs and bingo, he is ready for breakfast(not enough time for eating, he just has a small black coffee and a bun) now he plows the fields, sows seeds, fertilizes the fields, picks vegetables and fruit and bingo, he is ready for lunch ( he still has a lot to do so he just grabs a handful of trail mix). Now he takes produce to market to sell and picks up supplies, he gets home late in the day and he needs to tend to the goats, horses and sheep, bingo time for dinner but is too tired to eat so he hits the hay at six in order to get ready for another day of drudgery. Pretty interesting, huh.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited September 2019
    I remember when we didn’t even have plants that you could pick the fruit and vegetables from..... and we have come so far with that. I want farm animals that can reproduce and that we can use as meat, or sell the animal itself to make money. With chickens you could sell or use the eggs that you collect then also have them reproduce and sell the animal, or sell and use the meat. I also want my farmers and their children to feed the animals cows could give milk ( by milking them), reproduce to sell the meat, use it in recipe’s or sell the animals. Pigs you could reproduce, use the meat, or sell the animal or meat. Sheep you could reproduce, use or sell the meat or animal, sheer the wool for sale, or clothing. I would like to be able to build fences and keep the animals inside them, watch the animals wander around and feed them. I could see pigs wallowing in the mud, chickens running around the yard, cows and sheep grazing in the pasture. It becomes another career, and a lifestyle. They could add more crops like hay, corn, cotton ( to make bolts of cloth) and wheat. They could include a rocking chair ( and hopefully real babies will come beforehand). They could include a sewing machine with patterns and colors ( I would love to see a color wheel here). Hopefully you could make clothes, rag dolls, stuffed animals and quilts.( using the color wheel and patterns). They could add a canning station where you could make canned goods to use, sell or give as gifts. They could also add a butterchurn. My farmer could properly have a farm.. I hate rabbit holes....with farming you don’t need them. Add a county fair, where you can put your animals in competition, sell your winning animal for a bigger price, enter your baked goods in contests, have a greased pig contest, and amusement rides, and games. Add children being able to play outdoor games together, work in the farm doing chores, like feeding animals, and it sounds like a well rounded pack to me.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I want the chocolate milk cow from The Sims 3 back 😂

What about just a regular cow you can milk, and cocoa beans you could grow and use to make chocolate milk and candy? Maybe a milkshake machine as well.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    You only have to look up "Farming simulator" by Giant to see how popular a farming game can be and is now on 'Farming Simulator 19' with 20 coming out in December this year. "You reap what you sow" etc., Tractors galore! Online competitions. I believe I saw a television news section devoted to it on British TV a while ago - which is more than Sims 4 gets on the media.

We probably haven't got anything before because very few Maxis employees would come from farming communities but it would be interesting for me who want to see more normality in Sims 4. Country life would be a great addition with all the skills it could add. A world with rolling farmlands and fields would be a great change from the suburban, forested and cityscapes so far.

(Maxis could always add the werewolves and Bigfoot and Aliens to it if they wanted as from what I see on UFO programmes on TV farms are where they are most seen)!

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Frankly, I play Rune Factory (fantasy farming even having a 5th game in production) and Harvest Moon but farming in the sims..? Um no just not the kind of slice of life gameplay I've come to expect or desire. If you want horsies there are many alternative GP/Expansions that will fit with horses and still be The Sims aesthetically appropriate.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Well, gardening is one of my favorite skills in the Sims 4 to begin with. Next, there's the new world. It could possibly have lots on it that are bigger than 64x64, or at least provide a few more lots of that size, as we currently only have 2 or 3. There's the build/buy mode stuff that could give us beautiful new rustic items. There's the potential for more off the grid expansion and items that look nice with that. There's nectar/wine making. In TS3, I always wanted to make a legacy around a family who made wine in the background of whatever else they did with their lives. There was a Store item that really helped with gardening. I'd like to see something like that return. People have already mentioned things like a farmer's market, new animals, and allowing those who grew up in a rural area to recreate their experiences, or to allow those who have an interest in rural life, regardless of where they are from, explore it. More options are always good.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    there's a game called stardew valley, a farming simulator role playing video game, and undoubtedly one of the best indie games to date, and you should try playing it to see where some of us are coming from.

1_1screenshot15.png
    y'all got bread?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    there's a game called stardew valley, a farming simulator role playing video game, and undoubtedly one of the best indie games to date, and you should try playing it to see where some of us are coming from.

1_1screenshot15.png

It's a nice little game of its' type but it is not "The Sims" :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    One of the most exciting things for me would be caring for the farm animals in a variety of ways! Protecting sheep from wolves. Maybe get a guard dog,roostering waking you up at sunruse,milking cows,carrying stuff on donkeys back, feeding chickens, horses etc.
    I would love tractors or those farming machines. And since the farm land is a big open space it would be nice to have new interactions like play tag,Marco polo, and other games for running around playing, getting cozy by the fireplace.
    Theres more but it's a waste of time in writing. As time goes on I'm learning not to expect anything from sims4. Then I wont be dissapointed and might actually enjoy the pack when it comes out. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I have no interest in farming. Can you imagine the time it will take to care for all the animals etc?

Gardening already is so time consuming, I have to have a group help.

This will be an EP/GP I won’t buy. Or if I do will never use lol

—T
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

1_1screenshot15.png

It's a nice little game of its' type but it is not "The Sims" :)

Options in The Sims are good, though. Not everyone plays the exact same way. Farming may not be 'The Sims' to YOU, but it very well be what other people want to play with. At least with a certain Sim. Some people want to play a variety of things out, or at least have the option of doing so when one thing they are playing isn't scratching their itch.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Your sim gets up at 5, gathers eggs, milks the cow, feeds the chickens, slops the hogs and bingo, he is ready for breakfast(not enough time for eating, he just has a small black coffee and a bun) now he plows the fields, sows seeds, fertilizes the fields, picks vegetables and fruit and bingo, he is ready for lunch ( he still has a lot to do so he just grabs a handful of trail mix). Now he takes produce to market to sell and picks up supplies, he gets home late in the day and he needs to tend to the goats, horses and sheep, bingo time for dinner but is too tired to eat so he hits the hay at six in order to get ready for another day of drudgery. Pretty interesting, huh.

Actually that sounds awful.