Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else having this problem?

My sims in the Freelancer Programmer career, a lot of the time will complete the action to encrypt data or something similar, with no failure notification, but the task doesn't register as complete in the career UI and/or at all. It doesn't count towards the task.

This is starting to become infuriating because I cannot complete the gig in time, which is a low level gig even, and my sims have a high programming skill of over level 4.

Is this a known bug, am I doing something wrong or do I have to report it?
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s been reported already, you can click “me too” on this report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-Tasks-not-getting-checked/m-p/8179949
    Just to note, the first posted report is about the freelance photography, but someone posts your exact issue a few posts down.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Freelancer Artist is working fine for me. I use that or, more rarely, Writer. I believe I have seen others reporting issues with Freelancer, however, but they do not always specify which career track, and the trouble is by no means universal. I'd check at AnswersHQ, where known bugs are documented.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    This has happened to me with the Freelancer painter career as well.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I ran into that issue as well. I ended up having my sim quit their job, something I hope EA fixes.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I'm currently doing the freelance writer and I occasionally have the same issue of completed tasks not registering. I tried doing the freelance photography, but had the same issue, but worse, and quit.
    I completed both the freelance writer and programmer before with no issues.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It’s been reported already, you can click “me too” on this report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-Tasks-not-getting-checked/m-p/8179949
    Just to note, the first posted report is about the freelance photography, but someone posts your exact issue a few posts down.

OMG THANK YOU!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I'm currently doing the freelance writer and I occasionally have the same issue of completed tasks not registering. I tried doing the freelance photography, but had the same issue, but worse, and quit.
    I completed both the freelance writer and programmer before with no issues.

It really annoys me that one of the most fun careers, at least for me, just doesn't work. I got so frustrated I just quit the game and deleted the save.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1