Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How come they don't have thieves in Sims 4 and has there ever been a banking feature in the Sims?

Just wondering why we have criminals in TS4 but no real interpretation of criminal activities. Will this be added to TS4? Also, has there ever been a banking feature in the Sims? Since we have vaults, why not add a feature in where you can go to the bank or possibly have Sims run a bank.

Maybe that's in development. What do you all think? I'm new to Sims trends btw so perhaps the more experienced can chime in.

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    You can give your Sim the kleptomaniac trait, and they can steal.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    There are sims with the kleptomaniac trait, and NPCs will swipe things. Heck, they don't even have to have the Kleptomaniac trait. I had a childish one walk off with a doll once.

Now, unless you have Get To Work, there are no cops to do anything about it and even with Get to Work, they don't do anything unless your sim is in the active Detective Career - and then you're the one doing something.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    There are sims with the kleptomaniac trait, and NPCs will swipe things. Heck, they don't even have to have the Kleptomaniac trait. I had a childish one walk off with a doll once.

Now, unless you have Get To Work, there are no cops to do anything about it and even with Get to Work, they don't do anything unless your sim is in the active Detective Career - and then you're the one doing something.

I had a friend of my sim steal random stuff from her house and he's not a klepto either, just mean.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I had a friend of my sim steal random stuff from her house and he's not a klepto either, just mean.

This is what I mean. It's only petty theft and no real consequences for it. I heard that there is a chance your criminal could go to jail for a time but it's rare and random. I hope they make more of a feature of this between crimes and justice.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Just wondering why we have criminals in TS4 but no real interpretation of criminal activities. Will this be added to TS4? Also, has there ever been a banking feature in the Sims? Since we have vaults, why not add a feature in where you can go to the bank or possibly have Sims run a bank.

Maybe that's in development. What do you all think? I'm new to Sims trends btw so perhaps the more experienced can chime in.

As far as I know there has never been a banking system officially in the Sims. There is/was a mod that adds ATMs and banking feature. I don't use mods so I don't know if it's up-to-date or not. I actually built a bank a while back and put the vaults from Get Famous in. Multiple households could store their money in individual vaults. Without mods, that's as close as you can get.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

As far as I know there has never been a banking system officially in the Sims. There is/was a mod that adds ATMs and banking feature. I don't use mods so I don't know if it's up-to-date or not. I actually built a bank a while back and put the vaults from Get Famous in. Multiple households could store their money in individual vaults. Without mods, that's as close as you can get.

Yes!

Thank you, I was planning on doing this but was not sure if the vaults could be kept if the residential lot.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited September 2019
    @bruceleroy98 I played The Sims 2 and 3, and they had burglars (you may have heard of them from the forum if you've only played TS4).
    When you called the police on the burglar, they did get arrested. It all went down a rabbit hole except for the police car arriving and an NPC police sim arresting the burglar. I even remember you could prank the police and fire dept. They come, look around then tell you off for wasting time.
    HSau :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes!

Thank you, I was planning on doing this but was not sure if the vaults could be kept if the residential lot.

I can't remember what lot type I used (I think it was Generic). I only tried it the once to test my bank and it worked then. I tested it with 2 households.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!

I can't remember what lot type I used (I think it was Generic). I only tried it the once to test my bank and it worked then. I tested it with 2 households.

Thank you again. I am not a great builder but I will make something for my sims :)
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited September 2019
    Game definitely has thieves. I just made a restaurant today and had three paintings on the wall. First day a guy stole one of them, second day a woman stole another. It's really annoying because you can't do anything about it, you can't stop them or call police or get your stuff back. All sims do is that 'see whats happening' action. I had my spellcaster curse the first thief.
    Also had a few art thieves in at my retail store.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I hope they release a feature where you can call the police on them and watch them go to jail and interact with them in jail in the detective career. Courts would be cool too lol.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Both are very crucial for me. I hate the shared household account. Its SO incredibly outdated. It is still the system from TS1 where sims were mainly about families probably. But now that we play so creative and have a lot more options for that, roommates and this shared account does not work.
    It would be great if they add a job where sims could work at a bank or where sims with certain traits could shuffle some money around there.

Criminals not being in TS4 after more than 5 years is just.. one.. big.. joke!
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I hated that they would always steal my toilet , or was that the repo guy ?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    You can give your Sim the kleptomaniac trait, and they can steal.

That's not the same thing.
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    If you use mods, there are burglars in new Sacrificial's mod - Life tragedies :D and SimRealist has SNBank mod ;)
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    There used to be a time when we could give money to other family members (from Family funds) but I forget which Sims game it was. I keep thinking it was Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Mods for the win. I am not sure why they don’t have burglars in by now.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's 2019......video game burglars cause too much anxiety (which suddenly is everyone's auto-diagnosed disease), fear and stress to the poor fragile 13 year old girls of this decade. That's why we won't bee seeing them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe all of those burglars from TS1, TS2 and TS3 who got arrest are still serving time? :D

Perhaps they will be out of jail in time for TS5 :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Probably due to lack of police, even NPC police you can call. We have kleptomaniac trait; but we really need police back so we can bring back crime and burglars. For now, the closest we are ever going to get is with mods unfortunately.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Game definitely has thieves. I just made a restaurant today and had three paintings on the wall. First day a guy stole one of them, second day a woman stole another. It's really annoying because you can't do anything about it, you can't stop them or call police or get your stuff back. All sims do is that 'see whats happening' action. I had my spellcaster curse the first thief.
    Also had a few art thieves in at my retail store.

That is due to the kleptomaniac trait. It is a start at least. I have a famous spellcaster and one her stans just walked in and stole the cat box of all things. I wished we had police though.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's 2019......video game burglars cause too much anxiety (which suddenly is everyone's auto-diagnosed disease), fear and stress to the poor fragile 13 year old girls of this decade. That's why we won't bee seeing them.

I suffer from anxiety. I would have no problem with them being in game. I found them annoying in the Sims 2 because the Sim couldn't go back to sleep again but other than that they have a criminal career track this only makes sense.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Maybe all of those burglars from TS1, TS2 and TS3 who got arrest are still serving time? :D

Perhaps they will be out of jail in time for TS5 :wink:

That jail Is overflowing with all of the things that make the game interesting 🤣 hopefully they’re all planning a jailbreak for TS5
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would be game for seeing more advanced banking added. We have a business career but patching in a banking career would be easy. Banker/real estate agent/lawyer/etc would be good positions for some of the well-off sims.

I'd actually like a playable real estate agent and I'm sure I would work that into my game.

More investment, wills, inheritance, etc, could add more complexity (and sometimes drama) to the game.

As for criminals, I mean, if the old school burglar and alarm system returned, I could deal with that. I have less interest in actively playing those characters but along with the professions I listed above, I can see how they could make for an interesting game when combined with the cops from GTW.

I've played with a few cops. I made one playable because he was such a nice guy who kept getting turned down for dates from my other cop, so I wanted to see what would happen to him. I made one of the criminals playable and gave her a sister who married that cop. They then adopted the criminal sister's son. So, it made things a bit more interesting. One of the sisters is good and the other is a troublemaker.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Mods for the win. I am not sure why they don’t have burglars in by now.

Why? What's the point. - We don't need burglars in this day and age - too many picture taking cell phones and ADT. Not a good career choice in many states nowadays.... Homeowners should be able to protect their property. Our Sims just need the ability to do so in the game.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....