Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of magic

Hello simmers! I've been on the fence about this pack, and considerinng the bugs, what do you like most about the game :|

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Scruberoo and the Potion of Needs.

Clean things with a wave of a wand, and one apple gets you four potions that top off all your needs (provided that the potion doesn't fail...)

There's bunches of other stuff too, but those are the two things I use the most.

There's also Repario, which I don't use as much because I'm trying to build up my sim's Handiness skill.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    That's cool! thank you for your opinion :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The story telling possibilities are wonderful to me. Using it in a lot of ways.
    I'm enjoying playing an overpowered god of a wizard wreaking havoc on the underlings that happen to offend me.
    I'm enjoying playing my practical magic nice witch that hides her magic doings but still can somehow do everything better and faster than her normal friends. Maybe she'll meet up with a Darrin nice guy and fall in love.
    I'm enjoying playing a stereotypical evil ugly green hagatha kind witch whose spells backfire a lot (because I'm not giving her good perks and overdoing things on her). She's struggling with curses,... one day though, one day, she will prevail!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sh0wtig3rSh0wtig3r Posts: 78 Member
    I absolutely love the fact that we have more gameplay options now! You can learn spells, dual, and the fact that they have a special world created is amazing!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    I ~love~ the help it can be in day-to-day play (particularly Practical magic), and also that even magical repair or food-creation skill is improved by building the natural skill as well. I love that there are dangers in over-use, and unskilled use, of magic. I love the build-buy assets, and as much as some dislike the builds in Glimmerbrook, the starter cottage was easily expanded & fine tuned to become one of my favorite lots in the game. It is perfect for a single Sim or child-free couple.

8y4rJKk.png
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Clean things with a wave of a wand, and one apple gets you four potions that top off all your needs (provided that the potion doesn't fail...)

There's bunches of other stuff too, but those are the two things I use the most.

There's also Repario, which I don't use as much because I'm trying to build up my sim's Handiness skill.

I like using Scruberoo on sims at the gym.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I enjoy the pack a lot and the skill tree I admit I like more than the vampire one. Plus burning Ewwliza to death was priceless. Generally I am doubtful of a lot of Sims 4 packs, but I am quite enjoying it so far. I am not a fan of hidden lots either but the concept of bringing a world divided together again is super relevant with society and the Sims community. Kids or males don't get a lot with the pack but if you like occults and building it is a nice gamepack like the vampire one. World feels a lot bigger and more detailed than City Living pack too. There is a new cradle and plumbob with the new occult. You can make them look not much different from regular Sims like the mermaids too. There are also uploads on the Gallery to get the sages from the trailer in your game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I like using Scruberoo on sims at the gym.
    I use it on stinky kids. The fill needs potion is nice too especially for those that don't want to use mods or cheats.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    The world and the build/buy objects are to die for, to be honest.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Honestly despite the bugs it’s a pretty great pack. I love sims 4 in general but this is the most fun I’ve had in the game in a while. I am really enjoying playing my spellcaster sim. The world is beautiful even though it’s small, the BB objects are amazing and I also adore the items included in CAS. I think the detail added in to the gameplay for spellcasters is wonderful. There are so many ways you could use them based of the perks and schools of magic. I say if you like magic go for it.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The pack!? It's my favorite beside Vampires now! It's just so beautiful, and I don't find bugs that effect my usual gameplay. And if you're into mods, you could download some useful ones!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I love how much it adds to my storytelling in existing saves. The build/buy stuff is beautiful and the CAS items made me actually spend time in there (normally it's my least fav part of the game).
    The spells are great, especially the Practical ones: Repario is a firm fave, followed closely by Scruberoo and Herbio.
    It's just overall a super fun pack.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello! Just dropping by letting you all know that I moved this to the game pack section :)

EA_Joz
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh! Something I'd not have expected as a perk in an occult pack, that really adds a nice touch of realism to my game: Brooms (and the flying mop!) that hang on a wall. The flat broom is in fact one most commonly available at the shop in Caster's Alley, and if I am not mistaken, the mop is always there. I hung these in the nook with my kitchen trash bin. My Spellcasters might not even need to mop anymore, but I think this looks real:

ovFXl4I.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Oh! Something I'd not have expected as a perk in an occult pack, that really adds a nice touch of realism to my game: Brooms (and the flying mop!) that hang on a wall. The flat broom is in fact one most commonly available at the shop in Caster's Alley, and if I am not mistaken, the mop is always there. I hung these in the nook with my kitchen trash bin. My Spellcasters might not even need to mop anymore, but I think this looks real:

ovFXl4I.png

I like using that wall decor that is a broom and dust pan hanging on hooks. It adds that little bit of realism. It's also why I add the exit sign, public paper towel holders and soap dispensers to all my public builds.