The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Salt Water Pond

Hi, I'm playing mermaids again, heh.

I was wondering if there was a way when I build a pond on my lot to designate it as salt water? I wasn't sure it needed a mod or anything, I just thought it'd be neat to have a salt water pond for my mermaids on my lot. Anyone know? Thanks <3

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm playing mermaids for the first time. So far I dislike how they're always hungry, LOL.

Yes I heard you can use BuyDebug to put a "salt water designator" in the pond you want.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    StephSteb,

I don't think that sims can actually swim in ponds. They can swim in lakes that are on the map, and it will treat it as salt water, but I don't think you can build say a fishing spot lot and have sims swim in that pond, unfortunately.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Or make your pool look like a pond -

ePR7OOX.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member

ePR7OOX.jpg

GENIUS. Thank you!
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member

ePR7OOX.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Thanks so much /blush....
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I think the Salt Water Designator is a tool used in Create a World. I've never seen it in BuyDebug - but if anyone finds one I can use without using Create a World tool I'd love to know where I can find it.

About mermaids and pools. I made a huge pool for my mermaids - but every few days they still had to swim in the ocean. And once I started letting them swim in the ocean they seemed to need to do it all the time.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @Karritz I'm pretty sure I've seen designators for fresh water and salt water in amongst the fish spawners
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    @Karritz I'm pretty sure I've seen designators for fresh water and salt water in amongst the fish spawners

Thanks. I'll have a better look. I know there are spawners for saltwater fish. I'll look closer and see if I can see any for the water itself.
    @wendyyi1 I found them. They are in with the Fishing Spawners in BuyDebug. I'll try using a Saltwater designator next time I play with my mermaids.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @KatyFernlily That is an absolutely marvelous pond/pool! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Karritz wrote: »
    I think the Salt Water Designator is a tool used in Create a World. I've never seen it in BuyDebug - but if anyone finds one I can use without using Create a World tool I'd love to know where I can find it.

About mermaids and pools. I made a huge pool for my mermaids - but every few days they still had to swim in the ocean. And once I started letting them swim in the ocean they seemed to need to do it all the time.

Random info:
    CAW world map water is salt; ponds made on lots are fresh. You have to have a salt water designator for lots to have random salt fish. CAW needs fresh water designators for fresh water fish without spawner areas (like rivers).
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Karritz wrote: »

Random info:
    CAW world map water is salt; ponds made on lots are fresh. You have to have a salt water designator for lots to have random salt fish. CAW needs fresh water designators for fresh water fish without spawner areas (like rivers).

Thank you for the info. I've thought about making a world myself one day - but seem to prefer to using your worlds in my videos. Thanks for all the variety. I'm enjoying them.