Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is linking to Patreon advertising?

It now seems LGR is on Patreon and I when I clicked on a link to his Realm of Magic review I was told that I had to join Patreon to see it. There are a few others like this as well. Is this advertising as I do not want to be linked to anything which has a "give details to join" or see content.

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    As far as I know, LGR has a "first access" for Patreon users. The review will be public later on his usual channels though, so it's not a permanently paywalled thing.
    If it's clearly noted that the review is for patrons, you can always not click the link and wait until it's up elsewhere.

(for what it's worth regarding advertising, there are other sites that don't allow Patreon links for the reason of staying non-profit. not sure how it applies here though)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    As far as I know, LGR has a "first access" for Patreon users. The review will be public later on his usual channels though, so it's not a permanently paywalled thing.
    If it's clearly noted that the review is for patrons, you can always not click the link and wait until it's up elsewhere.

(for what it's worth regarding advertising, there are other sites that don't allow Patreon links for the reason of staying non-profit. not sure how it applies here though)

Thanks @darrenfroggy I was trying to clear a point up as advertising isn't allowed here according to the rules. I've just joined Amazon Prime and don't need anything else I need to pay for! It was worth joining Prime to watch "Death of Stalin" though. A fantastic film :)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey - while I'm a bit late to the party, I'd like to clarify things around this:
    Any site, video or content linked on the forums should be accessible by everyone without the need to create an account or a payment. Mainly because advertising is not allowed on the forums, and because any content linked here must be accessible for moderation purposes.
    If you think a comment may be against the forum rules, please, use the report button to flag it to us and we will review it. ;)