Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Question

So, once your Sim becomes a spellcaster and is not in the RoM are they discoverable as one by other Sims in other worlds? Similar to how Sims can be asked if they are mermaids or Aliens can be discovered or walk around without their disguise?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've had non-magic sims react in surprise when my sim used magic outside of the world, and if it was harmful (a celebrity was being obnoxious so I deleriated her) I got negative social and reputation points for it. But it seems to be closer to Vampires, in that as long as you're good, no one really cares.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ok, that's cool. How did the spellcaster react to the Sims who were surprised? Also, will the spellcaster spontaneously do magic in other worlds?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Spellcasters won't spontaneously use magic outside of the Realm. The only two exceptions are: your own played Sim will Teleportalate if you have that option turned on and Sims will do magic if they're in a club that has that as a rule.

(I haven't been out socializing with my magic Sims yet so can't answer the reaction q, sorry)
    Thank you.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Ok, that's cool. How did the spellcaster react to the Sims who were surprised? Also, will the spellcaster spontaneously do magic in other worlds?

In the case where I deleriated a celeb, my spellcaster didn't care too much about the negative reactions, but interestingly, one of the other spellcasters there actually came over and (from what I can tell) gently repremanded my sim for her actions. There was no change in relationship or anything, but the bubbles were interesting.

In the other case, it's generally been family members scruberooing each other, so more pride at doing a spell successfully than anything.

Spellcasters won't use magic autonomously, but they will fly off on brooms in addition to teleportate.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I haven't found any "Ask if X is a Spellcaster" or "Tell X that you are a Spellcaster" interactions.

With my family Sims, I have used the "Reveal Deep Secret" interaction to roleplay a similar confession.
    edited September 2019
    I love the idea of spellcasters scolding each other. I am still laughing at some of the spell names @DaWaterRat
    Thanks @Sindocat. That's good to know.
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    They also use brooms if you have it set up. I was pretty surprised when I sent my main home from a cafe and he just whipped out the broom in public and hopped on.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Spellcasters won't spontaneously use magic outside of the Realm. The only two exceptions are: your own played Sim will Teleportalate if you have that option turned on and Sims will do magic if they're in a club that has that as a rule.

(I haven't been out socializing with my magic Sims yet so can't answer the reaction q, sorry)

Really?! For the life of me, I cannot get my spellcaster Sims who're in a club that specifically only has that one rule, to cast spells. They just stand around doing the idle chat or one of the actions that I've forbidden them to do. It's driving me nuts :rage: