Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Manual Relationship Culling

I would really like to have the ability to choose to end a relationship on my sim's behalf, rather than waiting for the game to decide which ones to cull periodically. My sim cannot maintain relationships with her in-laws or grandchildren, because before her children were born she flirted with some people that the game is convinced she needs to remember forever. I want to delete those relationships from her relationship panel so her family relations stop getting culled.

I understand that relationship culling may be necessary, and I don't want to have to scroll through everyone my sim has ever met when I go to call or invite over one of her friends. But if she's only going to be allowed so many relationships, I'd like the ability to decide who she wants to forget.

I can't find an in-game way to do this and I think it's something they should think about adding for the future. Are there any mods that would provide this capability for now?

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, absolutely. I've been using MC Command Center to manage my sims' relationship panel for the last few years, but this is really an option that should be built into the game (In fact, MCCC is chock full of options that really should just be part of the game in its "off-the-shelf" state...). Ah, if only this game wasn't being designed mostly based on mandates handed down by middle-aged marketing dudes who never listen to their daughters making shallow guesses about what tween girls like...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I haven't wanted to download MCCC just because it has so many features I would have to take the time to make sure were turned off...
    But almost every time I want to know if there's a mod for something, that's the one suggested.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I haven't wanted to download MCCC just because it has so many features I would have to take the time to make sure were turned off...
    But almost every time I want to know if there's a mod for something, that's the one suggested.

You can download certain parts of the mod individually instead of getting the whole package. I just opted for downloading the whole shebang because I'm a control freak and the game by itself does not give me nearly enough options to work with.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • panthera86panthera86 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Daephene said:
    > I would really like to have the ability to choose to end a relationship on my sim's behalf, rather than waiting for the game to decide which ones to cull periodically. My sim cannot maintain relationships with her in-laws or grandchildren, because before her children were born she flirted with some people that the game is convinced she needs to remember forever. I want to delete those relationships from her relationship panel so her family relations stop getting culled.
    >
    > I understand that relationship culling may be necessary, and I don't want to have to scroll through everyone my sim has ever met when I go to call or invite over one of her friends. But if she's only going to be allowed so many relationships, I'd like the ability to decide who she wants to forget.
    >
    > I can't find an in-game way to do this and I think it's something they should think about adding for the future. Are there any mods that would provide this capability for now?

OMG yes! I am so tired of relationships - often random people that join a conversation or the like - taking up the relationships panel, or because some sims have the "Friend of the World" Beloved trait, I'm still friends with sims I don't want to have my sim interact with at all.
    It would be so good to have the option to forget sims. A simple "Forget sim" option on that panel, or "Delete from contacts" on the phone which could bring up a list you can choose from... PLEASE!