Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Age Down mod?

Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 208 Member
edited September 2019 in General Mods Discussion
Are there any? In Sims 2, there was a Genie's wish to age down a sim, though it was hidden and worked only with a mod that enabled it.
There is a Genie mod in Sims 4 that works similar and even has the same wish. But it is version 1.0 and looks pretty "beta" visually, there are also some possible bugs/glitches. Moreover, its author has abandoned the mod.

Are there any other mods that do the same?

Comments

• AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    MCCC.
    8IomapKl.png
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 208 Member
    I mean actual GAMEPLAY mods, not cheats or technical mods like MCCC
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't believe there are any EXCEPT for MCCC. I'll browse the interwebs and see if I find anything.

Edit: Okay, I found this on Reddit. Not sure if it works, but I'd say it's worth a shot.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Since we have the Magic pack it should not be too long before one of the modders will come up with a magic spell or potion for this. Or maybe a floating pineapple upside-down reverse birthday cake B)
    8IomapKl.png
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    I know this may be extreme but theres a mod called Torments or something along those lines that allows you to age up or down sims among other things (getting hit by cars or blowing up). The option shows up in the interaction menu but has a sad moodlet side effect for 2 hours. If you need the exact name I could find it in my mods folder

Other then that the best option would be to cheat with cas.fulleditmode and then changing the age from the cas menu
    Age down, like from Adult to YA? Short of cas.fulleditmode, I don't think there's an in game way to do so. You mean in game stuff like wishes or bought/crafted potions?

Yes, any in game stuff would do, but not straight CHEATS.
    Delete wrote: »
    I know this may be extreme but theres a mod called Torments or something along those lines that allows you to age up or down sims among other things (getting hit by cars or blowing up). The option shows up in the interaction menu but has a sad moodlet side effect for 2 hours. If you need the exact name I could find it in my mods folder

Other then that the best option would be to cheat with cas.fulleditmode and then changing the age from the cas menu

If there is some in game mechanics to it then it will do, but if it's just in option in an always-accessible menu, then no.
    In case anyone is interested, this is what I am currently using and it works for me:
    1. Age Down spell: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=637066
    2. Technical mod to make it work (also supports other spell mods): https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=633665
  • ksstrekksstrek Posts: 73 Member
    cas.fulleditmode

Allows you to change anything on your sim in cas including their life stage.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    ksstrek wrote: »
    cas.fulleditmode

Allows you to change anything on your sim in cas including their life stage.

Also if you click on your sim while holding down the shift key you'll have the option to change your sim. Choose Cheat Sim Info,,, Then choose Age Down!
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    edited February 2021
    Some people just don't know the difference between playing a game and adjusting settings. Or maybe for them adjusting settings IS the actual gameplay.

Not for me though.