Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need greenhouses

I'm dying to have beautiful greenhouses on my game. Do you guys know any good beautiful greenhouse?

I also want to know how to make a greenhouse room in my house is that possible?

Comments

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    You can make greenhouses with glass roofs and windows. You can make it like the photo, as a separate structure or you can attach it to your house.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRxbk6-PU9ao6LCVFwpULXKaRdQjDZL3fmxDweGqsqAuADyyshZ
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm a greenhouse addict. Every house I build I also build a greenhouse. Even the apartment in Myshuno has one lol. The gardener in me sees this and spots no beehive xD
    Post edited by Wintermist_SWE on
    You're Breathtaking!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @Wintermist_SWE that sounds great, I'd love to see a pic of your apartment greenhouse!
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You can build good greenhouses with the in game tools. Anyway I think brazenlotus has some cc to build greenhouses.
    @Wintermist_SWE that sounds great, I'd love to see a pic of your apartment greenhouse!

lol no you don't. It's basically just a room with planters all over xD It's technically a "greenhouse" but it sure ain't pretty.
    You're Breathtaking!
    lol no you don't. It's basically just a room with planters all over xD It's technically a "greenhouse" but it sure ain't pretty.
    LOL. I'm sure it's very pretty in your sims eyes :)

I need to build Jocasta Bachelor a greenhouse. I made one for her in TS3, I loved playing her pottering around in that thing, it had a stone paving floor with lots of planters, a potting shed style bookcase and chair so she could also sit and read in there when she wasn't gardening.
    edited September 2019
    LOL. I'm sure it's very pretty in your sims eyes :)

I need to build Jocasta Bachelor a greenhouse. I made one for her in TS3, I loved playing her pottering around in that thing, it had a stone paving floor with lots of planters, a potting shed style bookcase and chair so she could also sit and read in there when she wasn't gardening.

That is pure bliss! One thing I miss having is a stall so I can, on my own lot, just garden and then sell it in my very own stall. Fresh vegetables, I grow it and sell it.
    You're Breathtaking!
    @Wintermist_SWE I guess you could have a yard sale with one of those table thingies, but I'm not sure how many sims would actually turn up to buy your stuff. I need to try that out one day to see how successful it is.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    edited September 2019
    Selling crops piece by piece from a table is very time consuming and brings in little money. Even with a long queue of buyers, your sim would hardly make a living. I wish we could pack the crops in small crates, say 10 same specie items in each crate, to make more money per sale. Plus packing crates would make for a nice chore/activity and if stored on shelves/tables they would look good, too. I had a mod like that in TS2, really miss it a lot!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wouldn't call it beautiful, but it's an easy way to set up a greenhouse with sprinklers so you don't have to water every day if you choose not to.

Build a room with medium wall height. (Trees won't grow with short walls) Add the glass roof tile, and windows.

FuSUb9L.png

Use the sledgehammer tool to knock out the floor then the exposed wall between the windows.

kdUDCnT.png

Then, if you have seasons, you can add your sprinklers and all your plants will grow year-round! Yes, I'm a lazy gardner :p

WjzJXn1.png

Now if you go fishing at the Magnolia Promenade dock you can catch a dragon fruit and get filthy rich. :)

Post edited by Arzekial on
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I'm dying to have beautiful greenhouses on my game. Do you guys know any good beautiful greenhouse?

I built this tiny castle for my first spellcaster (in Windenburg). The greenhouse is part of the building, the smallest tower in the back. It is basically a room of the house, so you can definitely do that. (The build is still in progress, my Sim is currently saving up for some landscaping. :D )

zlQ191b.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Oh man, greenhouses are essential with Seasons! I actually just redid my main's to accommodate the new Seasons plants. Here's the old, smaller version:

DuTdjy0.png
    hDZyRpO.png

And the new, expanded version!

oLUz85f.png
    VDbh5YW.png

Simple, but very functional. It's just a box with stairs at both ends, windows all around, and a glass roof. Attaching it to a house would also be totally possible.

You can put the trees indoors? Every time I try I get an error message!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Oh man, greenhouses are essential with Seasons! I actually just redid my main's to accommodate the new Seasons plants. Here's the old, smaller version:

DuTdjy0.png
    hDZyRpO.png

And the new, expanded version!

oLUz85f.png
    VDbh5YW.png

Simple, but very functional. It's just a box with stairs at both ends, windows all around, and a glass roof. Attaching it to a house would also be totally possible.

You need to have at least a medium height wall, then they'll work inside.

• GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Wintermist_SWE I guess you could have a yard sale with one of those table thingies, but I'm not sure how many sims would actually turn up to buy your stuff. I need to try that out one day to see how successful it is.

@Wintermist_SWE, if you use mods, I've been enjoying playing my self-sufficient SIM family with Icemunmun's canning station. I can use that to turn harvestables into jam, pickles, etc and sell those at yard sales.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @ryttu3k I really like your greenhouse.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    I would love to have glass walls like we did in TS2 - I always manage to make my greenhouse walls the wrong number of spaces for whatever windows I'm trying to use xD
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Thank you guys so much. All of them look great. I love it. I'm trying to build a greenhouse outside of my house and I'm having a problem.

My house walls are small but I want the greenhouse to have taller walls but everytime I change it, it also changes the walls of my house. And it doesn't make sense because the greenhouse is outside the house. Do you know if I can change the walls height only of the greenhouse and not my entire house? I'm not an expert builder I basically never build anything.
    @NADYSOPHIE Unfortunately, no. At least not on even ground - the heights are linked.
    I think you might be able to have different ones if you play around with terrain tools though and put either the house or the greenhouse on higher ground.
  • Nady, your greenhouse and your normal home can't be touching/inside each other. I'm not sure that that's your issue, but it's something!
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    @NADYSOPHIE Unfortunately, no. At least not on even ground - the heights are linked.
    I think you might be able to have different ones if you play around with terrain tools though and put either the house or the greenhouse on higher ground.

I see... I will try that thanks
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Oh man, greenhouses are essential with Seasons! I actually just redid my main's to accommodate the new Seasons plants.

It's possibly the CC I'm using? It actually isn't medium height, it (and the house) have short-height walls. I use these planters by linacherie, and they might be more free to place than the non-CC ones. (I also use these BGC sprinklers by Brazen Lotus, which can be placed inside.)

It could also be that they were grown outside, then placed in the planter boxes with MOO and then set inside? But they are fully useable, harvestable, sellable, tendable, all of that.
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member

Simple - make a room, put loads of planter boxes, place windows and a door, add a light and have your sim plant seeds and begin gardening :) The plants don't need sunlight in sims - it's just a beauty feature to add glass roof to a greenhouse/room. So basically you can have the greenhouse/room anywhere - even in basement - just have tall enough walls, if you wish to grow trees inside. When the plant info shows "sheltered", your greenhouse works.

@PlayerSinger2010 and @ryttu3k You can't have different height walls on different buildings on same floor level... It's a very silly feature in sims 4. As far as I know, terrain work doesn't affect the matter at all. Don't remember for certain could you have different wall heights, if the house is on raised foundation and the other building is on a ground.

@PlayerSinger2010 You have to have bb.moveobjects on cheat active, if you want to put trees indoors and would normally require the 2x2 (4sq) planter box. However, with the cheat on, you can also place the trees straight on floor or 1sq planter boxes as you wish. Some plants need to be placed on ground when planting from a seed.

If you don't fancy doing all the hard work of gardening from scratch, you can always rely on #DolphinSimmer13 's awesome perfect plants she has shared on Gallery. When the plants are perfect, you don't need to fertilize them and the plants won't go unhealthy because of it. You still have to water, weed and harvest them.
    Gwiniel wrote: »

@PlayerSinger2010 and @ryttu3k You can't have different height walls on different buildings on same floor level... It's a very silly feature in sims 4. As far as I know, terrain work doesn't affect the matter at all. Don't remember for certain could you have different wall heights, if the house is on raised foundation and the other building is on a ground.

Yeah, I went to test this and the only way to have different heights is by fiddling with the building: if you build two floors, you can delete the bottom one and lower the second floor so it's level. But it won't show up unless you're on the second floor, plus you'll need stairs to enter it. That's the only way to have two different wall heights at the same level - they're technically on different floors of a build. Not worth the hassle because while it's functional, it's super awkward to navigate with a Sim. :/ The only thing that can be different in unconnected rooms is the foundation height.