Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Realm of Magic Challenge: The Mastery Challenge

LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
Hello all! If a challenge like this has already been made, please let me know, but I looked around a little bit and didn't see one so here it goes.

The challenge: find the sim who can be the best at magic the fastest, with some stipulations.

How to do it:
Set-up
1) create a household of 3 sims. Before the challenge starts they are going to need to be brand new spell casters, with no magic experience or known spells or potions. How they get there is up to you. Choose 3 sims from the world, download them off the gallery, or create them yourself, etc. I'm going to create 3 spellcastors in CAS because it feels like the easiest way to be ready to start, but for story telling purposes it would be cool to choose 3 newly aged up teenage spellcastors and say this challenge is some kind of magic realm initiation.

2) choose/build their home base lot. It can be wherever you want, and look however you want, but it will mostly be a recharging stop for your sims' needs. You'll be spending most of your time in the magic realm.

3) use money cheats! :) this is not a money-goaled challenge, so get the house you want and make sure you keep the lights on.

The game play:
1) the goal is to learn all of the spells and potions as quickly as possible. In hard mode, you can only learn them by finding tomes in the school of magic lot's bookshelf and by dueling other spellcastors for knowledge. If you choose to included the sages, you can, and the tome store you can, but try to keep their use as equal as you can amongst your sims. Use each sim's personality too to kind of determine what their strategy is too, if you want, for story telling purposes.

2) you can strictly only use wands, brooms, and familiers you gain from winning duels. Also, don't give any won items to any other sims in the household, but if you get duplicates you can sell them. Also, don't pass potion ingredients around, let the household member who earned it keep it.

3) you cannot use 'practice magic'! It's the only magical gameplay element that is strictly forbidden. To level up your magic you must actually cast spells and brew potions that you know. Dueling also gains you magical experience. Practicing magic is just too easy of a way to learn new spells. In the same vein, don't experiment on the cauldron.

4) you can use all spells and potions a sims knows to help them personally, but not any of the other sims in the household. This is a cutthroat competition. ;)

Winning conditions: whichever sim masters magic first is the winner. At the most this means learning all spells and potions and maxing the spellcastor ranks. At the least, this means setting a time period, such as a week in game, and seeing who has learned the most by the end. You could also say whoever masters 1 branch is the winner, because they'll be learning new spells and potions randomly as they gain the knowledge from the world. Each unique wand, broom, and familiar can also be concidered in the winning stats.

I'm in day 2 in-game into this challenge and having a blast. My sims each at least have 1 curse, and their experiences with magic have been vastly different. It is definitely not how I normally play. This is a fun way to explore the new pack, so maybe you guys will try it with me. :) let me know if you try it and if you have any feedback please. Happy simming! :)
Post edited by LissyK9 on