Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be in the update before university?

124...Next

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If the biking system in Britechester is well done, I'd like to see that carried forward to the base game.

Or bunk beds if they're available
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Something for non-young adults; like an overhaul for the school system for kids and teens, adding things like prom, diverse projects like essays and presentations, graduation, school dances, report cards, boarding/private school, schhol subjects, etc. Also pre-school for toddlers.

But it won't happen.

As this is about college and not grade/high school, probably not.

I would love a kids GENIUS trait that would allow a child to enroll in college. That could be fun to play. Young Sheldon.

That would be great!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Personality overhaul, attraction system, turn off/on, wants, fears.... we really need this since the University is marking a new experience for our Sims... Finally, I'm glad that my next generations Sims are able to go to the University :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Favorites, slow dancing, create a world, and more
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want bug fixes please!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    I feel that it would be bunk beds and cars. They've been readying the world since Get Famous. My hope is that there is an overhaul in Sims 4 Education system. but the fact that they name it "Discover University" is to not associate them with the base game function.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    - Bycicles for all ages in all worlds.
    - a school overhaul with private school and boarding school added.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    CARS. they can add byces but not Cars?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    CARS. they can add byces but not Cars?

Maybe they are going for a record : how many means of transportation can we add before cars? We already have boats, brooms and soon bycicles...

But maybe we will get cars, who knows...
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I would prefer that it's not something for CAS/Build/Buy but rather something to do with emphasizing sims' personalities/traits/behavior some layer of depth for sims as individuals.

But if it HAS to be CAS/BB then body hair and piercings sound the most exciting.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Considering there was already a thread open on this topic I merged the other in here so all discussion can be in the same place :smile:
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    A very interesting theory here
    It's in Spanish so I can summarize what she says:
    She believes adjustable columns are coming in the patch before Discover University.
    2 main reasons:

- Sims 3 had it, and Uni buildings (specially in the US) typically use this type of very large pillars that go from one floor to the next
    XrR9sqC.png

- Several "bugs" in previous patches related to ceilings and columns (probably because they were testing stuff)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9qmWukEtc
    starts at from 0:48
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Would be amazing if they finally (after 5 years).. add cars and bikes as transportation methods, but no way that will happen.

Look at that, bikes incoming :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I wouldn't even want to guess but if I did I would wish for some sports and hobbies added for the kids and teens to do after school maybe and a bunch of fixes many simmers keep complaining of. I don't see many problems my self but many simmers report plenty and I wish you guys got some fixes so you can enjoy your game as much as I do mine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    Hoping for something more with education. For a graduation ceremony, wouldn't we need a new "town hall" or "ceremony" venue that caters to graduation AND weddings? A church would be simple, but I feel so many people would be against calling that, even if there were no religious ceremonies OR imagery added so it would probably be best labeled as a town hall.

Would a mosque with no religious cervices or imagery suffice?

I agree that a town hall would be better. There might be an area on campus where you can have graduation. Otherwise perhaps a park.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well here all graduations are held at the school one graduated from.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Besides bug fixes I'm also hoping that we get field trips and more clubs (as in after school activities)for teens and kids. Clubs are essentially considered jobs which they've patched in before so it shouldn't be too much to expect, right? Realistically, I'm guessing we'll get a bug fix and a few cas item recolors. Maybe a new desk thrown in for fun.
  • AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 9 New Member
    New Empty Worlds like Newcrest if we can't have a create a world tool. At least us gives empty worlds so we can decorate it to our hearts desire. I would love to another ocean world inspired by the Mediterranean so I can another place where mermaids can swim.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    AmyAngelus wrote: »
    New Empty Worlds like Newcrest if we can't have a create a world tool. At least us gives empty worlds so we can decorate it to our hearts desire. I would love to another ocean world inspired by the Mediterranean so I can another place where mermaids can swim.
    @AmyAngelus I would like to have those too, but I doubt those will be in that update, swimming and other water activities should be possible in all worlds that has waters for it!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hopefully the one where the switch to the new engine I mean I'm not trying to be mean here I'm just stated my opinion but to the people saying y'all being selfish and I understand y'all can't upgrade y'all computers in my opinion I feel y'all the ones holding back the potential of what this game can be or do because we running off an older engine but then all of us including y'all turn around and complain about what's not in the game well yeah we're running off this old engine. If Sims 5 come out maybe just maybe it might run on the new engine. That's what I think it's just my opinion.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    Hoping for something more with education. For a graduation ceremony, wouldn't we need a new "town hall" or "ceremony" venue that caters to graduation AND weddings? A church would be simple, but I feel so many people would be against calling that, even if there were no religious ceremonies OR imagery added so it would probably be best labeled as a town hall.

Would a mosque with no religious cervices or imagery suffice?
    No.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"