Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be in the update before university?

Comments

• NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    Hopefully the Fashion Photography career is fixed in the next update :(

A lot of us have been having an issue with completing the assignments.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    1. A small update to the current education system so that it meshes with college better
    2. A shared lot type so people can build their own apartments/dorms
    3. Patching in a simple bunk bed like they did with lounge chairs
    4. An update to a base game skill like logic
    5. Adding likes/dislikes

Yessss!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Since the Uni world probably won't be a regular world but not exactly a destination world either - I think it would be the perfect time to update the world categories.

No more destination worlds. Granite Falls and Selvadorada become normal worlds, and we get lot types "rental" and "dorm" to play with. This is what I hope the update is and it makes sense to add it now.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited September 2019
    Since we're talking about an update, I would hope they did something to make school more interesting such as an aptitude test. A school game pack would be fantastic. I just hope they really have fleshed out the university EP (since that is what I will be paying for). At the very least a mesh of TS2/3; at most... I have never set that sort of a standard. I find I stay content this way.
    HSau :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Rabbithole university in the basegame!
    It should be patched if you ask me. I hate how my sims now who are wealthy and rich and can not even attend any sort of university to get a decent job and not start out as retail salesman or repairman for toilets of some sort :D
    Wish from now every basegame would have a rabbithole university where you can send sims off to and they will stay away for some time depending on your lifespan. You can bring them back home for holidays or let them quit school or put a break between semesters if you like. Also nice for people who do not like to play with the university process, but still want their sims to get a chance to do well or not in university.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Probably just some new hairstyles.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Possibly bunkbeds.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rental lots. Being able to rent any lot in the game instead of buying it?
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    Bikes please? I dont know it seems like less work than cars.

Bunk beds as some one else said.

Small school overhaul with more different pop up opportunities.

Base game home schooling? Or teacher career maybe.

Making homework useful with different categories? Maybe one day you get science homework homework which improves to logic skills, next day you get art homework

Base game roommate system?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm not sure if this is something that will come in a patch in the future (finger crossed), but SimGuru Lindsay did ask me what was my favourite parts of those attractions, turn on/off, wants, fears & zodiac. If this is coming in a patch prior to the next EP, it will be awesome! It will give a lot of interesting interaction with our Sims, even with the existing gameplays and features. And IF the University is the next EP, it will be great if they patched in not only the personality system, but some mode of transportation too (Heli, cars, bike, motorbike, etc.).

OID:- x4m1r4
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Kind of like the stair overhaul, I'm hoping for a lot-type overhaul for University. I'm probably setting my hopes too high though. I'd really like the ability for multi-functional lots - a cafe/library, gym/pool, etc. and University is the kind of place that would have that. Also residential/community would be good as well for University and city worlds. It would also solve the problem of too many lot types and not enough lots in the world. This would also go with a roommates system, you could have a residential/residential lot which is two residences. Maybe the ability to split lots into two lots like a duplex or a half/half lot or the option to have them fully combined as one lot like a gym/pool would be. One thing the Sims 4 is really good at is customisation of things - like the club system, the holiday creation system, etc. and if you could combine lot types to create your own combination lot or split lot, that would be amazing.

Probably very unlikely, but I would be sooo happy if they did something like that as a patch.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I would find optional preschool really useful because I like to concentrate on a few family members at the time.

If we are talking transportation then bikes or a bus would be nice.

Option to homeschool would be great as well!
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is something that will come in a patch in the future (finger crossed), but SimGuru Lindsay did ask me what was my favourite parts of those attractions, turn on/off, wants, fears & zodiac. If this is coming in a patch prior to the next EP, it will be awesome! It will give a lot of interesting interaction with our Sims, even with the existing gameplays and features. And IF the University is the next EP, it will be great if they patched in not only the personality system, but some mode of transportation too (Heli, cars, bike, motorbike, etc.).

That would be really cool if were getting chemistry and attraction in the November Update.

That would be really cool if were getting chemistry and attraction in the November Update.

Yeah, it will be a huge game changing feature, yet one can only hope.. ^^
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2019

I love GoldenBuffy reply it pretty much sums up why Sims 4 gameplay is so empty. Sims need wants fears enemies and most importantly memories so these things matter... A Sim should want to feed their enemy to a cow plant or want to get into a fight with them not be buddies and chatting it up. Its to bad @SimGuruLyndsay cant be bothered to see what we have to say over here at the forums.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I mention to SimGuruLydsney yesterday on Twitter what I'd like to see with chemistry and attraction.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Preferably a halloween pack to add the proper wizard and witch outfits that the realm of magic pack didn't include. Then again that should be a free update since it would be really nasty to ask seperate payment for those things that should have been there.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Please let it be likes & dislikes, please let it be likes & dislikes, please let it be likes & dislikes #fingerscrossed
    I mention to SimGuruLydsney yesterday on Twitter what I'd like to see with chemistry and attraction.

Awesome! We need more Simmers to respond since she's taking an interest in it. It will be great if they're at least planning on adding this system or more innovative personality system to the Sims current personality (i.e. traits). Even greater if it's going to be in the next patch itself or before the next pack.
    edited September 2019
    rhalius wrote: »
    Preferably a halloween pack to add the proper wizard and witch outfits that the realm of magic pack didn't include. Then again that should be a free update since it would be really nasty to ask seperate payment for those things that should have been there.

Spooky Stuff includes those.
    11-11-17_5-04-53nbspPM.png

11-11-17_5-04-59nbspPM.png

11-11-17_7-08-00nbspPM.png

11-11-17_7-05-43nbspPM.png

Awesome! We need more Simmers to respond since she's taking an interest in it. It will be great if they're at least planning on adding this system or more innovative personality system to the Sims current personality (i.e. traits). Even greater if it's going to be in the next patch itself or before the next pack.

If Chemistry and Attraction comes so to is an Online Dating Feature Possible.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I guess bunk beds or bikes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

Seems to me they need an understanding of WHY we liked certain features of The sims 2. Maybe we need to open a thread and explain in a little more. They look lost :p
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited September 2019
    Home school (would be intresting if the homework journal gets updated to finnish math, science,etc separate so they can get report cards)

Private school (rabbithole but costs parents money; with seasons installed other parents/the kids can win a raffle to be able to attend private school for free)

Pre-K (rabbithole gives them a boost for school as a child;behavior and emotions easier to deal with if Get Together is installed)

Graduation from High school with a diploma you can hang on the wall (after you go to the ceremony rabbithole) and a new graduation party option high school only and then college grad party added if you have the expansion pack.

At least...
    Bikes for children(training wheels at first until level 4 fitness) to elder and a trike for toddlers won't be able to use until they can walk.
    Scooters
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Attraction/dislike

There is some form of dislike/like-system installed. I have a main sim who click really well with some sims and then there are some sims that it just does not work with. You really have to work to get any kind of friendship with them and I like that.

It is fun trying to find the “tribe” for your little sim. The ones that they just work with. If it is the same with every sim then it is less rewarding to me. Less discovery. Everything is just the same. If this could be a deeper system it would be fun.

I really like it that sometimes my gamer-sim talks about games and the other sim finds the discussion boring. When my music-lover sim waxes on about a new favorite band some sims are positive and others not. That is great! It is up to me as a player not just spam the cheerful stuff but to use the individual responses that are unique for each trait. For me the games got more interesting when I started using them more.