Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About the charge control perk

Hi my sim got the charge control perk and he got an interaction,'build charge' at magic menu. I know it increases charges on magic energy but I actually don't understand why EA made that interaction because I saw it makes the spell caster power stronger but it's more easy to fail it. So I don't know how the charge and discharge works with witch sims. All answers are appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Hi my sim got the charge control perk and he got an interaction,'build charge' at magic menu. I know it increases charges on magic energy but I actually don't understand why EA made that interaction because I saw it makes the spell caster power stronger but it's more easy to fail it. So I don't know how the charge and discharge works with witch sims. All answers are appreciated. Thanks.

High Charge gets you cooler results with spells but can kill you if charge is maxed.

Click on sim and then magic to use either it's more an 'expert mode' Frankly I just discharge when it's high bout it.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you buy the DISCHARGE perk, your sim can rid themselves of excess power to keep from dying.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »

High Charge gets you cooler results with spells but can kill you if charge is maxed.

Click on sim and then magic to use either it's more an 'expert mode' Frankly I just discharge when it's high bout it.

Thanks. I thought being charged would make a more powerful while doing duel challenge but I noticed my sim couldn't make any even power to shoot after building charge, then the other spell caster won the battle. It will make better results with spell casting only?

• Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you buy the DISCHARGE perk, your sim can rid themselves of excess power to keep from dying.
    Yeah I have that too but I don't understand what is 'build charge' for.
  • Options

I believe only Master Duelist will help win easier
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »

I believe only Master Duelist will help win easier
    Thanks so much :)

• Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2019
    All these perks don't matter. Just have ANY perk that disables "Tense" moodlets for your sim and your spellcaster will never have ANY ill effects from overcharging and will never die from it.
  • Options
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    All these perks doesn't matter. Just have ANY perk that disables "Tense" moodlets for your sim and your spellcaster will never have ANY ill effects from overcharging and will never day from it.
    How about carefree store trait? Will this work as well?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ^yes, and this one is easiest to get.

Besides, IMO this is clear oversight by the developers. The whole overcharging system shouldn't be dependent just on moodlets that are easily canceled. So I am not sure this won't be patched in the future. They can easily change "Tense" category to one that is impossible to cancel, like "Uncomfortable" (one of the moodlets is already there, but it won't occur without previous "Tense" ones) or "Infected" from Strangeville.
  • Options
    @Faust-RSI Thanks, I need to get the store trait for my wizard sim. But I still don't understand,'They can easily change "tense" category to one that is impossible to cancel'.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    All these perks don't matter. Just have ANY perk that disables "Tense" moodlets for your sim and your spellcaster will never have ANY ill effects from overcharging and will never die from it.
    I didn’t know this :o I assumed that the carefree reward trait would just get rid of the tense moodlets that are your “warning” you are about to overcharge. I didn’t realise that without those moodlets you wouldn’t actually overcharge. On the one hand: lazy EA, very lazy. On the other: I’m off to get that reward trait!
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member

Ah, that's why my Sim wouldn't die (I was trying to turn him into a spellcaster ghost). Thanks for the information!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    But I still don't understand,'They can easily change "tense" category to one that is impossible to cancel'.

Just my thoughts about possible future updates, nothing more :)
    lazy EA, very lazy.
    Indeed
  • Options
    This seems like a terrible error in development