Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duplicato Sims

So I was testing the absolute mayhem that can result from having a club gathering of Spellcasters where Cast Spells is a club activity, on a community lot. My two active sims were flinging spells left and right, when one of them cast Duplicato. I ended the play session there, with the club gathering active and temporary clone around. Next time I launched the game I switched households and now the clone is doing walkbys in the neighborhood. Will they automatically disappear like they normally should, if you switch households? :#

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Aw bummed about it being a bug. Would've been fun if you could keep creating them & fill the entire neighbourhood with them (my Sim just got an invitation for a duel from his clone lol)
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    ^You can easily do this with cloning machine
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    Faust-RSI wrote: »

I'm sure I could. If I had GTW. ;)

ETA: fwiw, the Duplicato spell also clones skills. Not sure about career or relationships.
  • MogopMogop Posts: 39 Member

Okay, thank you! Good to know. I moved her into my household and deleted her from Manage Worlds. Hopefully that was an okay solution.

ETA: fwiw, the Duplicato spell also clones skills. Not sure about career or relationships.

No career and relationships copying.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

You can eat with your hands too, but people still use utensils. What’s your point?

I had a sim do the exact same thing, but the clone vanished after a few sim hours.

—T
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    The real question is: can your sim woohoo their copy?

No. They are labelled as a sibling to the sim that casts the spell.

—T
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »
    The real question is: can your sim woohoo their copy?

No. They are labelled as a sibling to the sim that casts the spell.

—T
    Boo EA are spoil sports
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »

You can eat with your hands too, but people still use utensils.

Except using Duplicato instead of cloning machine IS eating with your hands when you want your clones to stay permanent *facepalm*
    Read the conversation you're answering to, maybe then you'll look smarter ;)
  • Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    Yes you can woohoo with the copy well it least my husband did
    edited September 2019
    Ja_rde wrote: »
    Yes you can woohoo with the copy well it least my husband did
    >:) Gotta try this... >:)

Sorry Morgyn, your girlfriend is going to cheat on you... With herself!
    edited September 2019
    ^That's not what Ja_rde meant :D
    It's possible to woo-hoo with a copy... but not for the original sim.

Though you can change this with MCCC mod.
    edited September 2019
    ^That's not what Ja_rde meant :D
    It's possible to woo-hoo with a copy... but not for the original sim.

Though you can change this with MCCC mod.
    Oh darn. That’s not as fun now is it? Thank you though :)
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    You can build up a relationship with the duplicate and ask them to move in! Then the game treats them as a clone. Morgyn duplicated himself to clean house. His girlfriend Susan, having the polite and compassionate traits made friends with the duplicate my game named Sidney almost instantly. I got the Ask to Move In option and clicked it. He came with 1000 simoleons. His interactions with Morgyn kept saying he was an evil clone. Sure enough, he has the same spellcaster potions, spells and status as Morgyn. However he has the evil trait lol!! Morgyn had some kind of curse so it probably backfired. I was cracking up. Anyway I have a new plot twist withbmy gameplay lol!!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Hmmm.... Duplicato may be the way out of the pickle my rather... amorous actor sim has found himself in... Granted I'll have to cheat some of the relationships, but it may be worth it...
    You can build up a relationship with the duplicate and ask them to move in! Then the game treats them as a clone. Morgyn duplicated himself to clean house. His girlfriend Susan, having the polite and compassionate traits made friends with the duplicate my game named Sidney almost instantly. I got the Ask to Move In option and clicked it. He came with 1000 simoleons. His interactions with Morgyn kept saying he was an evil clone. Sure enough, he has the same spellcaster potions, spells and status as Morgyn. However he has the evil trait lol!! Morgyn had some kind of curse so it probably backfired. I was cracking up. Anyway I have a new plot twist withbmy gameplay lol!!

wow, so failing Duplicato results in an Evil Clone, just like with cloning machine? Does it have red eyes, too? :)
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @Faust-RSI I honestly don't know now. I hate to say yes because itt may be a glitch in my game.The girlfriend had gotten to know the duplicate very well. He had the same traits as Morgyn under the relationship panel -bookworm, ambitious and outgoing. However, after I added him to the household, he was evil, ambitious, and outgoing. He looks the same as Morgyn. No red eyes etc. I'm running with it though. Should be fun:)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

wow, so failing Duplicato results in an Evil Clone, just like with cloning machine? Does it have red eyes, too? :)

The evil clone eyes are actually a thing that’s part of get to work, so I’d be surprised if that could happen.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member

Nope, no red eyes with this pack. Looks exactly the same.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I was hoping that we could duplicate other sims too.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    the clone should disappear, both of my Sorcerer's clones did.
    I wish we could dispel clones at will. like when you're done having the clone cook, clean garden, experimenting on, helping you work out what ever, you sims could just make them disappear.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2019
    Mogop wrote: »
    So I was testing the absolute mayhem that can result from having a club gathering of Spellcasters where Cast Spells is a club activity, on a community lot. My two active sims were flinging spells left and right, when one of them cast Duplicato. I ended the play session there, with the club gathering active and temporary clone around. Next time I launched the game I switched households and now the clone is doing walkbys in the neighborhood. Will they automatically disappear like they normally should, if you switch households? :#

The same thing happened to me, I also made spellcaster clubs. All the bookcases in the magic realm ended up burned, I loved that.
    The duplicates seemed to stick around and not disappear in my game as well.
    The worst thing is that MCCC made me pay child support them😂😂 (I have this setting enabled).
    They also appear in the family tree normally. So I suppose this is a bug. But luckily it's one that can be fixed easily. Whenever I see a clone that I don't need walking around I use MC to delete them. Or if I need to do it and they're not around I look up their name from the family tree and I summon them, then delete them.