Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do University NPC age?

Quick question, Do the NPCs in university ever age or are they always frozen in time even if you happen to be in your hometown?

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    It says "aging disabled" on them.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    It says "aging disabled" on them.

I am talking about NPC - do they ever age? Like if my sims were finished from university and now back home. Will those NPCs age? Or will my sims descendents still see the same people once they are back in university?
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    I meant the NPC's. I'm not sure you will actually see the same people. A good part of them already gets replaced by zero slider NPC's the second time you come.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @Turjan sweet! Thanks! :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    They age like World Adventures NPCs in that the game handles changes when you return to their world or invite them to visit. It's nowhere near as smooth as it is for regular townies in your active world but they age.

Also story progression is handled differently in travel destinations and the sims in that world are used to generate new sims in that world. Your homeworld's townies won't have children without a mod anymore but they never touched the travel mechanics. Plenty of zero-slider NPCs will be there of course but you might see unique faces perpetuated for longer than at home.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I've played the same save for a long time and have sent many sims to University. All the professors died of old age, so there were none in the end. I deleted the travel file for the Uni world to make the professors appear again the next time I sent sims there. EA should have known that this would happen and made it so the game assigned new professors when the old ones died. And it would have been fun to see some new faces in the Uni world. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif