March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can someone help? regarding RoM Immortality potion

davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
basically i want to either remove the trait as the effect that comes off my sim every few sim hours is starting to get annoying (i was never a fan of eye candy or the sparkle of celebrities) or have a mod remove the sparkly infinite symbols that appear every few ingame hours :(

traits.remove_trait [immortal] (both with and without brackets does nothing (testing cheats are on as well)

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    If you sim drinks it they sparkle?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    If you sim drinks it they sparkle?

not quite, basically you get the sort of potion effect that comes out of the bottle appearing on your sims throat every so often, i'll take a picture next time it does it

*is struggling to upload the image to a working site*
    https://imgur.com/1zWnPls
  • Kain_DrakanKain_Drakan Posts: 16 Member
    Oh good grief! Then I'm glad it failed on my sim because I don't want that nuisance. I'll just store the potions for when they remove that effect from the neck... if they ever do. Or at least make it possible to be toggled off as the celebrity spark.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Oof, that potion was a total waste of time and ingredients, and then it's the annoying "necklace" to rub it in.
    So not only does this potion fail to freeze ageing, but it also does this? Wow.

Yup. Two fails for the price of one! xD
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Stutum wrote: »

What a bargain!

What a bargain!

Indeed it is! :P Seriously, this is definitely a disappointment, it's no big deal chugging those potions which reset your current age, and it beats paying 1500 happy-points for youth potions, but I was hoping the immortal potion would actually freeze it. Seems kinda pointless, really.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

What a bargain!

Indeed it is! :P Seriously, this is definitely a disappointment, it's no big deal chugging those potions which reset your current age, and it beats paying 1500 happy-points for youth potions, but I was hoping the immortal potion would actually freeze it. Seems kinda pointless, really.

It allows you to preserve favourite elders. In my game, they drop dead far too easily from overexertion or emotional deaths like hysteria or mortification. Plus I am never certain of when they are going to die, which can be upsetting to grandchildren and families. I am looking forward to having a few ancient crones and aged wizards running around my game. My elder population is always too low.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

What a bargain!

It allows you to preserve favourite elders. In my game, they drop dead far too easily from overexertion or emotional deaths like hysteria or mortification. Plus I am never certain of when they are going to die, which can be upsetting to grandchildren and families. I am looking forward to having a few ancient crones and aged wizards running around my game. My elder population is always too low.

Yes! This is also how I intend to use this potion. A few beloved “ancient ones” will walk about in my saves.

Don’t get we wrong, I would still like to see an age-freeze-potion but this one is still useful for me because I play elder sims in my rotation and this is one of the few things that is new for them. I am actually quite excited, that age group seldom gets anything special.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019

What a bargain!

I thought the potion of immortality only stopped sims dying of old age, so eiders could still die of overexertion and emotional deaths?

Regardless, a potion of immortality which froze ageing would still allow you to preserve your elders so long as they took it before the age bar completely filled up.

But I see your point, it isn’t completely useless. I just wish there was also a potion to freeze aging.

What a bargain!

Good point, but I'm still a bit let down. But yes, elders die fast, especially when the game is set to normal life span.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    There is the Rejuvenation potion — that seems to set your sim back to the start of a current life stage and keep them there for a time. (I haven’t tested it myself, just read it in Carl’s Guide) Just have your sim keep drinking it (kind of like the elixir of the Philosopher’s Stone in HP).

As for my common elder deaths, I guess I will still have to keep a close eye on them! At least now I have necrocall and de-deathify for their children to use to resurrect any beloved elders who kick the bucket suddenly).
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There you go:
    Potion Of Immortality Real Immortal

I made multiple version:

stop aging
    stop aging make immortal
    make only immortal
    remove only headline
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

What a bargain!

I thought the potion of immortality only stopped sims dying of old age, so eiders could still die of overexertion and emotional deaths?

Regardless, a potion of immortality which froze ageing would still allow you to preserve your elders so long as they took it before the age bar completely filled up.

But I see your point, it isn’t completely useless. I just wish there was also a potion to freeze aging.

It is mostly just for convenience on my part. I play a big nr of households and this can be useful in the way that it allows me to keep tabs on a few special sims so that they don’t die when I am looking the other way playing another household. I could theoretically just find them when they just turned elder but then I have to go past manage households and just look for townies who aged up every now and then. It would be nice to just feed them a potion once even when young and cross it of the list. Just fire and forget. So, total convenience on my part when playing a whole town.

@SiliClone You are awesome! Thank you :)
  • davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    There you go:
    Potion Of Immortality Real Immortal

I made multiple version:

stop aging
    stop aging make immortal
    make only immortal
    remove only headline

now you are the MVP here, exactly what we needed :)