Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    yes
    I would be fine with it coming out next year though. They have been rushing the latest packs a little too much and it's not like there are a shortage of other games to play in that period.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    yes
    I am always excited for a University EP. It's still speculation.

https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4-university-life-might-be-coming-rumor/

There is no confirmation yet.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited September 2019
    no
    logion wrote: »
    I would be fine with it coming out next year though. They have been rushing the latest packs a little too much and it's not like there are a shortage of other games to play in that period.

I'm worried it will be rushed and unfinished. Island Living was unfinished (missing counter) and ROM was unfinished (roof swatches not matching, porch not connected to the house and no back door).

Also, I hated in TS2 if a sim didn't go to uni they went into aspiration failure and were basically unplayable for a while. Not EVERYONE goes to university and not everyone is upset by that. Some people become very successful despite not going. I didn't even buy TS3 uni because this ticked me off so much, even though there were items in the pack that I very much wanted and could have used in normal daily play. I think I'm over my uni rage, but I really don't expect that this iteration will actually be better considering the condition of the last few packs.

edited for grammar
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It should be noted that this has not been confirmed. Confirmation will come from EA. Until that point, it is speculation.

True, but really, when have these types of leaks ever been wrong :D

My apologies for speaking out of turn.

You didn't, I just responded with my thoughts :) no need to feel apologetic.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    I've been very disappointed with Island Living and RoM. So I'm quite cautious about University.
    That said, I feel like it will be really hard for EA to mess this one up (it's possible of course). University by default would add gameplay elements to the game which are very compatible with my play style. I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt for this one and I'm cautiously optimistic. If they still manage to mess it up I'll be waiting on Paralives instead.
  • EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    no
    I am happy for the people that wanted it though.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    yes
    Honestly, I am stoked for this pack! Though the news of this pack came through an unofficial source, and the pack has not been confirmed, I doubt that the news is completely fictitious. University was the last thing on my personal wish list for the Sims 4, so this is extra exciting for me! I feel sorry for those who are disappointed with a University pack - but something will come along later to please them! Happy Simming!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    yes
    This is the end of the 2010s era
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    yes
    I loved TS2 University. I would have loved TS3 University except that it swallowed up one of my Sims and wouldn't let me open it again, so after that I was afraid to send anyone there. There might be a few bugs in the TS4 version, but so far I haven't had any of the disasters that I had with TS3. My current crop of teens will probably all be adults by the time we get the pack, but their kids will definitely go.
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    no
    To be honest, I think I have lost my interest in playing the sims 4, even though I have all the packs, I just can't play it anymore, everytime I open the game I end up quiting after 5 minutes.
  • JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    yes
    Definitely, yes. The game feels incomplete without it.
    Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • I don't get excited for packs anymore. That doesn't mean I don't want them. But I am generally just really chill about when a pack is released. I usually don't become giddy until the day before/the day of a release. Before that I am relaxed and calm.

Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    yes
    I just hope they complete it, proofread & testplay it so that there aren't terrible glitches.
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    yes
    It is one of the ones on my list. Still holding out for farming!
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    I would rather have had farming.

If it is just a keg thing, then I will be disappointed. I want it to be about education and not stereotyping. There are a majority of students in college who go to class, work a job or take care of their kids, and actually have a life that doesn't include drinking. I know, because I have been to college and graduated. We have all that drinking from the beginning and Get Together and then the smoking from City Living. We don't need another bar ect.

Since the teaching profession could work the same in all grade levels, I hope it is an Education pack. Babysitting, daycare, preschool, grade school, high school, and college. A district that has all those buildings and then apartments for sims to rent who are out-of-town sims attending college. Just like the doctor district didn't have any homes. It would be cool to have a range of jobs: babysitter at home, daycare center/job, preschool/grade school/high school teacher, college professor, and then the principals and deans. I really hope it is super interesting and for all age groups. I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't include more education than just college. At the very least, grade and highschools.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    yes
    It's not the biggest deal for me but it's in the category of "stuff that has always been in TS."

I hope it will be immersive, fun and replayable. I do want the farming pack, a love or dating pack and "more gameplay" as long as it isn't overly directed. I don't want an RPG.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    yes
    As long as it's true. If/when it is actually confirmed, I will be ecstatic.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    no
    I want something else really more urgent for now as fairies, werevolves, genies, firefighters, burglars etc !!
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    CK213 wrote: »
    I can finally say goodbye to N.E.P.S. :D

Me too. I feel the game is so stunted until it has a Uni in it. It is always in my top 2 favorite eps. In my family University or going into the service is ones only choices after high school unless they have a family business - so I am so glad we can get back to basics of living in the Sims like I am used to playing.

To be honest this is the only reality I really like in my game... lol. It just makes no sense to have doctors or any professional jobs in the game until they have a University.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no
    no because the sims4 uni is not a priority on my list would much rather see a sims4 retro ep 1950 to now and when i say 1950 to now that includes the 1960 1970 1980 1990 year 2000
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    other
    I have no idea what it would contain, to me it just doesn't sound very interesting, so I am not excited but I am curious as I am about every new pack.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    no
    University was one of my favorite pack in the sims 3 but having a sims 4 university now will be too close from the Realm of magic pack. They already made so much desapointed packs before. What I wish right now is the developper to work on existing bugs and lack on gameplay, and then they could think about real content.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    other
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    I need more information. I was really wanting a school pack for all ages. I wanted the sims 4 to do something different or a twist on a pack that had been in the previous games. This would give the sims 4 an advantage because It wouldn't just be focusing on one age group but a variety of age groups. Every time I see a way for the sims 4 to improve their game they fall extremely short and it's disheartening. I really wanted this game to be the best but pack after pack has been disappointing.

In both Sims 2 and Sims 3, YA Sims, Adult Sims, and Elder Sims could all attend University.

Exactly. My point is the sims 4 could have been different and took a different route on an old expansion pack that has been made multiple times and put a fresh spin on things. That's how you bring in more people. I don't want to keep buying the same packs for all the games over and over again. We need a fresh take on older expansions that people love.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I can finally say goodbye to N.E.P.S. :D

neps whats that @CK213
    more for sim kids and more drama please