Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    no
    Not at all. This year has been nothing but young adult stuff, so I was hoping that if they did a school pack it would focus on all schooling, but nope, of course they did uni so once again, so the focus will only be on young adults, who need new content less that any other age group while toddlers, children, and teens, remain lacking.

The only thing that makes me slightly "happy" is the knowledge that know that this pack will be out the way, they can focus on the other requests people have been wanting.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    Truthfully, I'm mainly ready for it so we don't get an announcement for something else and then everyone screaming "bUt MuH uNiVeRsItY!!!!" at every turn.

Lol I hate to say it but yeah I feel you 😂

*EA teases magical portal gif after already having announced RoM*
    "OMG is it university?????"
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    adamzaid wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's just speculative at the moment but it hasn't been one of my favourite packs to have in the past. It depends what Maxis makes of it. It would be good if we could have or make courses based on the packs we have like medicine, science, astronomy, conservation even magic etc., that would be of use in those careers in game.

I totally agree <3 customizable university courses would be so cool!! I don't think it will happen because they'd have to make enough new stuff for those that don't have all the packs, but also a lot of stuff for existing packs to make the feature worthwhile, but it would be such an amazing tool :love:

maybe they will add some features to the clubs from get together? like maybe make study clubs or a crazy party club that goes streaking everywhere around campus XD

That could be cool yes! But I'd still prefer to my own curriculums if it's entirely unrealistic xD
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    yes
    Yes, it's one of my favorite EPs in every iteration alongside Seasons and Pets
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    yes
    I've been a little apprehensive with TS4 in general but I'm still excited for it. Imagine if this was the pack that actually gave children and teens more depth and dare I say consequence (at least when it comes to their education). Case in point, what if it's tied with Parenthood and only students with certain traits are accepted into certain degree programs.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    yes
    Truthfully, I'm mainly ready for it so we don't get an announcement for something else and then everyone screaming "bUt MuH uNiVeRsItY!!!!" at every turn.

Lol I hate to say it but yeah I feel you 😂

*EA teases magical portal gif after already having announced RoM*
    "OMG is it university?????"

*Lyndsey and Duke announce IL, Moschino and RoM in JUNE*

*tease for all of those packs prior to the release*

"BUT WHERE'S UNIVERSITY?!?!?!"

Like, guys, come on. We knew those three were coming. xD
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    yes
    Yes but that date could be wrong. It might be earlier or later then the Nov 15th.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    no
    No because I'm tired of all the packs that only add stuff for adults. My favorite life stage to play is children, but there's almost nothing for them to do. They were left out in Realm of Magic, and there will probably be nothing for them in the university pack either.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    Looking forward to finally being able to test out bundles, as this is the Expansion I need!

I hope any bugs with RoM and Moschino have been squashed by then.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    yes
    I've enjoyed all the past versions of Uni so I'm sure this one won't be an exception. What I like most about Uni coming next is the anticipation for what follows since the traditional packs will be out of the way.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    no
    For me, not really. Other than it might be fun to make a magical school, if that is possible.

However, I will be happy for those who have really wanted it for a long time and hope it lives up to their expectations, with lots to do and whatever it includes well-done and quality tested.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    no
    Not really. But I'm sure the trailer will convince me :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    no
    nah.

words to make my post longer.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2019
    other
    I want be excited for a university pack since its the one that I have been waiting for this entire time but I feel like with the lackluster job they have been doing with the packs that we have i'm a little hesitant. Also I don't just want to see a retread of things we've had in the past. It would be nice to see more than university get introduced, but all education get an upgrade as well.
    Post edited by fruitsbasket101 on
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    other
    Neutral...a bit disappointed though as I wanted Farming/Horses. University was always take it or leave it for me personally.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited September 2019
    other
    I chose "other" as I would have been happy with Uni or a Farming type. However I am very happy for @CK213 . :smiley:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    yes
    University was a fun 'break' from the every day living game play in Sim2, but quickly got annoying and more like a necessary evil. University in Sim3 was a vast improvement with the ability to 'follow' our Sims to some of their classes. Although it could still be a grind, too. So much so that I often sped up the game just to help expedite things, as I did in Sims2. I was grateful to Twallen's NRaas, Industry Master Controller mod that allowed me to give my Sims the benefit of college without having to send them at all. It is my hope that the best of both university EPs will be given us in Sims4, along with its own added twists, of course. I did so enjoy the Keg-Parties. I'm afraid Erik Cantrell liked him his beer. :open_mouth: I also enjoyed the benefits of the different associations a Sim could participate in, depending on their academia merits. Erik was a Rebel, among other things. He also pulled straight A's.

Here's to what comes next!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    no
    This was one of the least intetesting packs for me to begin with and when I read about features that people want it sounds even less intetesting. I'm still hoping the team can somehow pull it off.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    yes
    Yes I'm looking forward to it. I'm most excited for TS4 realm of magic though (I'm console player, so I don't have it before mid October).

I expect TS4 university pack will be sort of like TS4 Get to Work with open classes instead of rabbit holes.

I don't think we will have many rabbit holes, we didn't have that in TS3 University either and it seems kind of simple to avoid since we already have the technology from TS¤ Get to work.

I'm curious to see how they do the NPC's. And whether we will get dorms or houses. And new activities. And I hope that Maxis will be as creative as they have been with Realm of Magic and Strangerville.

From the leaked picture it looks very American and kind of old school. I'm myself a Master student at more modern university in Denmark. I'm actually writing on my Master thesis right now. It I fail (I hope not!!!!), I will hate the university pack as it will come out around the time I get my Master title. Haha.
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    yes
    I am so excited, but I am so worried that it will lack depth and game play. I have been so disappointed with the last few packs lacking game play. University is always one of my favorite packs so I am hoping it will be good.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It will never be like TS3 University Life.

How could you send 8 different Sims to 8 different parties?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    other
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    LexiBai wrote: »
    University has been confirmed to be coming out Nov 15th right on time in the 4th business quarter, I'm so excited I really hope they put as much effort into this expansion as they did for seasons and dogs and cats, because they have a lot to live up too. Are you excited and what do you expect from this expansion?

Where did this info come from Twitter? This caught me by surprise. :)

You should watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyA6GTCH64

Thanks for update, I never saw the news until saw this thread. All I can say is wow they sure are spitting them out like a firework volley before the end. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    other
    Undecided, Uni was great in TS2, but the weakest pack in TS3.

Sims 2 was the hardest and Sims 3 was the easiest for me, I liked 3 and I loved 2. I felt like I was the one going to college in Sims 2 and there sure was not an lot of time to do anything. However, I found an system to get Sims to study and still have an good time. However, even though SIms 3 was easier than 2 I liked that you didn't have to stay as long and could continue learning at an later time. I am waiting for Sims 4 Unversity to see how that work out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    other
    I’ll be excited, or not, when there’s an official announcement and more info to go on. If it’s just an optionless rehash of dorms/roommate features and a bunch of boring rush to go to class, yell at the game while your sim takes forever to do an assignment nonsense, forget it. 😆
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    no
    Not at all excited for it, but happy the Uni lovers will finally have their wishes fulfilled. Everyone should be able to experience their favorite packs. It'll be interesting to see what we get in the pre-ep update. My biggest complaints with the newer packs have been shallow gameplay and far too many glitches, and this pack will no doubt have it's fair share of both. I am still holding back on buying RoM because I'm waiting for more bug fixes that 'might' show up in the October or November patches/updates. And after EA releases the uni pack, I wonder what they have planned for next year. Or if EA will finally move forward with the promise of upgrading the game to 64bit as they had planned to do this past June. Seeing as how a uni EP will give players using lower end systems the last of the most popular packs from Sim2 and 3, will this clear the way for creating better packs in the future? I certainly hope that's the case. Sims4 is really struggling at keeping me interested in purchasing new packs so maybe it's time for EA to act on the things they said they were going to do, and give the teams the resources they need to develop more than what we have seen in the last few packs.