Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

University has been confirmed to be coming out Nov 15th right on time in the 4th business quarter, I'm so excited I really hope they put as much effort into this expansion as they did for seasons and dogs and cats, because they have a lot to live up too. Are you excited and what do you expect from this expansion?

Are you excited for University Nov 15th? 389 votes

yes
60%
CK213Frn0731JoBass24usbrackencat31DerellaBluefairy286Kita5399GalacticGalErja888alexspoom13alan650111IceyJaprilroseCabelle1863storyyaelias24Wedyouilivefor92TWSimGamer82beki 237 votes
no
24%
LeGardePourprerudy8292IcewolfJaline33SimmervilleCrazyboutTheSimssillehbeeoveronCamkatEvilWitch83PeachesnDucksKartaiPaigeisin5friendlysimmersIObelleBagoas77Ceres_Meirionag01denswanalejandro15039mock68 95 votes
other
14%
Bluegayleauroraael14GoldmoldarIdontrcallIsb917Simburiankiwiiekeekee53BloosmooAnmirlainvisiblgirlJnyxJestTruMoon_Willowluthienrisingfruitsbasket101Cinebaralanmichael1Angelluluashcrash19 57 votes

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    yes
    That is, if it isn't clickbait.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    other
    I'm neutral. University has never been my favorite EP, but I will probably enjoy the new CAS and B&B objects. There's always something I can use and enjoy in every pack they release. Even Get Famous which is my least favorite EP has a handful of things I like and use regularly.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    no
    I'm definitely happy for the people who have been wanting University, but much like Cats and Dogs, University is just not an expansion that I want, so it doesn't excite me.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2019
    no
    Meh, I would have preferred farming or music. Although if it's good enough (and I kind of doubt it will be), I'll probably get it on sale next year. But I'm happy for those who wanted it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2019
    other
    No, but I'll probably get it in a bundle at a later date.

Sims 4 is my favourite game but it has most of the things I already want and I'm happy with how it is now, I don't think this is a pack I would particularly play much as a Simmer who plays mostly with tots and kids. I'm not NOT looking forward to it either, anything we get now is just a fun bonus to me haha.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    yes
    I can finally say goodbye to N.E.P.S. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    yes
    Absolutely! I’m very curious to see what’s included!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    yes
    Yes! I've been waiting since September 2014 :D

I hope my Royal pack comes soon as well
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    no
    After Island Living I have lost all expectations towards expansions packs.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    no
    Not excited at all I expected University just did not really want it. Hopefully next years packs are better now that University and witches are out of the way would be hard to be worse.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    yes
    I am happy it's coming because it will let me do some fun stuff, and even make stories that make more sense, but I find myself worn out by people who kept whining about it, and I'm not looking forward to those same people's reaction to the pack if it's not exactly what they want. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad people get University, especially to those people who were more respectful and quiet about it, and weren't putting down everything that wasn't University. And while it's not exactly my most requested pack, I will definitely be getting it, using it, and enjoying it. I just feel a little drained with all the negativity in regards to the game not having uni.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    yes
    As a "realistic" player I am very happy. Now my Sims can get the education they always needed. University is a part of some people's (or Sims') life that is mandatory for certain jobs. It will also fill a gap between the teen and adult life stage.
    I can't wait. After "Get Famous" this is the first EP I have P.E.S.!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    other
    I'm really afraid to be disappointed... again
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    other
    yes and no becuase my2fav games arecoming out
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    other
    Meh because it's not a theme I particularly care about either way. Also, I wanna know more about the pack first.
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    other
    I'm part excited, part wary. Uni's never been my favourite dlc, but it comes with some of my favourite gameplay.

The parts I love most are the dorms (non-controlled sims living together), non-rabbit hole classes, and rebellious actions (eg. vandalism and protesting). After IL, I'm worried that s4 uni will be a lot of rabbit holes, and I really want some classes to be player controlled, so I can have fun micro-managing my sim's education.

Having been through uni twice in rl :s (bad decision, would not recommend), I want more 'drama' and realism (autonomous preferably) than we've been seeing so far, like the option for sims to fail, to get expelled, become outcasts, or become part of a student union.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    It really depends on what is added. It's not a must for me, but I did enjoy TS3 uni - except that I hated having to go to another world and it being so difficult to marry someone from there etc. If it includes school activities for all age groups though, I'd be hyped, but it doesn't sound like that from the leak, so we'll have to see :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    no
    I'm enthusiast about University theme but after EP07, SP15 and GP08, I doubt this pack will be better than The Sims 3.

I guess it will be a light version with the bare minimum of gameplay.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    yes
    i am BEYOND hyped and i seriously hope this doesn't disappoint cuz tbh till now this year has been meh for dlc. dont get me wrong tho island living and realm of magic are very good packs but they're just clearly rushed with all the empty builds and missing stuff in homes so i hope they make thier builds looks better this time
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i am BEYOND hyped and i seriously hope this doesn't disappoint cuz tbh till now this year has been meh for dlc. dont get me wrong tho island living and realm of magic are very good packs but they're just clearly rushed with all the empty builds and missing stuff in homes so i hope they make thier builds looks better this time

I agree that they darn well better fully furnish that university, because although I've accepted furnishing HQ - because I loooove magic stuff - I don't think I'll be in the mood to furnish an entire university for them... :/
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    other
    Sort of...
    I'm dreading that it's going to lack options, and be another overtly Americanised version of uni.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    no
    I'm not fussed about University, but I know it is something a lot of simmers want so if this is true I am happy for them. I have enjoyed University EPs in previous games, but something about being a student in real life has sort of taken away the excitement of simulating the experience. I am from the UK so my time at university was quite different to what you see in most American films. There are also a lot of other things I want and would prefer to see rather than a pack that will likely focus on single/YA sims again. Oh well. Hopefully there will still be new content and features that I can enjoy. For example, I would love to see homeschooling and open courses for sims that want to study from home, and practical subjects/careers for my more handy sims.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2019
    other
    Depends on what contains in the pack, feel like it is gonna be so limited