Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge (Updated Sept 2019)

2...Next

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @EuphorialQueen Thank you so much for the heads-up! I just finished reading the patch notes and the exact error code I was getting is one of the bug fixes! \o/ Thankfully, I didn't delete my Asylum save, just removed it from the game and put it in a folder for safe keeping. :) However, I did set-up a new Asylum challenge to play and I think I'll see how this one goes before going back to that one.

This time I followed the new rules to a T when creating the Asylum for hard mode. It's still located in Sulani, but the house is on the Caldera Camp lot. It's a lot smaller and I purposely made it look dingy, dark and run down. I wasn't sure if I was required to use 3 negative lot traits or if that new rule meant IF you use lot traits they can only be negative. In any case, this lot has the Volcanic activity, Earthquake and Haunted lot traits.

PLUS, I gave all the inmates the erratic trait, as required, but they also all have the paranoid trait AND everyone but my controlled inmate is possessed. *evil laugh* >:) I should've taken a screenshot right after they all ate the bizarre fruit, it was hilarious! Kicking myself for not taking one, I was too busy laughing. :p This run looks as if it could turn out to be one of the most dramatic, fun-filled and HARD Asylum challenges I've ever played to date. I'm excited to patch and begin their story later tonight. :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Karababy52 - Oh my gosh - that sounds like fun!
    @SoulGal7 So far it is a lot of fun! :)

I have a couple questions. First, is it allowable to put a fence around the lot with a gate locked to everyone but my controlled inmate? The reason I ask is because the neighborhood area for Mua Pel'am is huge and my uncontrolled inmates have a tendency to wander away during hours they're not supposed to go off lot. Sometimes I find them way over by the shipwreck or even swimming/treading water in the middle of the ocean. o.O I'd unlock it during the hours they are allowed to go off lot though.

Also, in hard mode we're not allowed to upgrade to better objects, I understand that. But, are we allowed to add additional skill objects once we can afford it the same as easy & medium modes? Or are we stuck with just the original three skill objects from the beginning? There's no rule that says we can't, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited December 2019
    Absolutely use the locked fence!
    The lot trait that prevents visitors may also help.
    @Karababy52
    You must have at least 1 negative lot trait.

@EuphorialQueen Okay, cool. Thank goodness! :) Yeah, thought about that and I might change out Haunted for it. Had one ghost appear, an elder lady. All she did was 'haunt' their outside trash can then come inside and start telling jokes to the residents. lol They all got a tense mood, but that was it. *shrugs*
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So day one two I lose. I gave the lot creepy crawlies and my Sim gets attack by bees day one. Day 2 she gets the poisoned buff. I cheated her exactly the cost of the antidote. Since I was doing hard mode, game over. But I aint a gonna do it cause I am having to much fun. So how many points should I dock her to atone for this moral failure?
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I also put the romantic aura lamp in cause I like to start sh...stuff. I only enable the aura when my supposed to be dead Sim is asleep. Lots of the inmates have the jealous and hotheaded traits. Hoping for drama to watch.
  • IotaIota Posts: 3 New Member
    What should someone do if they only have the base game? It's kind of hard to achieve the "bad lot trait" requirements when you only have good ones...
    edited April 2020
    You must have at least 1 negative lot trait.
    Is this the one you are asking about? I have been exploring the game using base game only.
    Base Game Lot Traits
    Bracing Breezes
    Clothing Optional
    Convivial
    Fast Internet
    Great Acoustics
    Homey
    Natural Light
    Off-the-Grid
    Private Dwelling
    Science Lab
    Teen Neighborhood

In my opinion using only base game is enough of a handicap. :)
    Unless you wanted to try Clothing Optional or Off-the-Grid you can just skip that requirement.
  • NyhedskageNyhedskage Posts: 1 New Member
    I have wanted to try this challenge for so long and i'm finally doing it! I do have one question tho....

Does it matter if the couches etc. is the cheapest option? I'm thinking as long as they have same stats as the cheapest option could that be okay?
    Nyhedskage wrote: »
    I have wanted to try this challenge for so long and i'm finally doing it! I do have one question tho....
    Does it matter if the couches etc. is the cheapest option? I'm thinking as long as they have same stats as the cheapest option could that be okay?
    That should be fine as long as the stats are low and offer no bonus comfort or other advantages. Remember the more expensive things means the bills are higher.

edited May 2020
    Played thru this using base game only objects and options. To make it a bit harder my controllable Sim was unemployed. The others were given part time jobs for two reasons. Limited opportunities for advancement (only three tiers) and pay is lower than the Criminal career.
    In spite if that and my Sim not using books or paintings for income they still became super rich.
    Gardening played a part. I managed to get a Dragonfruit and planted it for a steady income.
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @EuphorialQueen -- Seems this has gone quiet I am going to try this again I played on easy years ago and just nothing exciting was happening but I didn't give it much of a chance.... I did download the most updated document!!! with so many packs coming in so many choices .... I am going to follow original rules see how easy goes then go from there I am super excited that you can have more than one bathroom though and other changes made!!! :p:p
  • Pingu632Pingu632 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm trying this for the first-ish time. I started the challenge and then realized that the asylum I downloaded didn't meet the requirements. Ooops. I'm still pretty new to Sims in general. Are bookcases allowed? I'm thinking they are but are a skill-building item right? The help on this and the old thread is amazing, thank you everyone.
  • lunatheinsanelunatheinsane Posts: 1 New Member
    I know no one seems to have an issue, but if you really want to stick to the only so many beds - it only assigns beds if you tell your sim to sleep in a bed and my other sims are not sleeping in her bed even when it's the only one free, so basically your one sim you can control. To get around this, I have found that if I put two beds in a room (also works if you have each bed in its own room), have my sim "claim" one - if the other beds that are not mine are occupied, I just lock the door (from my sim) until the sim in the other bed gets up - but if my sim is sleeping, I can just lock the door from others being allowed to come in. Annoying just a tad, but it does let you play by the original rules.

Example: Only allowed 5 bed, but I put six on the lot, one each in it's own room, and my sim "claimed" one as soon as I told her to sleep in it, and the other seven sims won't sleep in it at all. So I just locked the room to only allow her in anyway, the bed is the only thing in the room, so it's not keeping anything from anyone else, and then if the other five beds fill up before my sim goes to sleep, I just lock the door so she can't access it. If my sim is sleeping, I lock one of the other rooms until she gets up so that bed is inaccessible. You could just stick to first come first serve though - but your sim will always have a bed though - so... do this if you WANT to follow by the initial rules.