Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question Regarding Sages

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
Hi all.
I'm curious...Can your sim become a sage once they've mastered one type of magic? Also, say my sim marries Morgyn and moves away with him. Would a new sage replace him? A computer generated one?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No, it's like a mailman, once you move that sim into your playable household they will lose that title/job. Your sim can marry them, and as long the sage is not in your playable household they will remain a sage. I've already tested this out with my sim. As far as your own sim mastering the type of magic you are asking about, again the answer would be no. EA set it up that we can not play sages, not sure why though.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm going to make an educated guess that you can't become one, as it's an NPC role. I'm also going to make an educated guess that the game would generate a new one if you do something to the original. I haven't tested either of these things, but this is essentially how everything else in this game works so I don't think it deviates from that.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    While you cannot become a Sage, you can unlock the Rite of Ascension, allowing you to empower other Sims as Spellcasters. I believe it is the top of the Practical tree.

If you remove a Sage from play, the game creates a replacement. Sometimes even just temporarily. Simeon was away from the Realm, and another caster was in his role with the rune overhead. Later, Simeon returned to his Practical obligations.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Appreciate the info. One of my Sims has been wanting to propose to L. Faba, and I was nervous this might lose her her position as a sage. Now I know just to not move her in after wedding.

Funny side story, my Sim at one point invited L. Faba over for a costume party. She came dressed as Princess Leia, and apparently enjoyed it so much, she's been wandering around the magic realm still in costume. :D
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    How do you invite them to live with you? I did not see this thread before I posted this on a diff posting. My sim wants to marry Simeon, and he does not seem to have the option to ask to move in, even tho he is not in the Realm atm, he is at her house.
    I actually ended up using the cheat to add to family, (have not saved yet so I can back out since I already had to recover earlier and accidently deleted the original one) and even tho it says he has all of the practical magick spells only a couple of things come up under his spells listing, is that supposed to happen? I mean I know he does not know the other 2 types but he does not even have all of his own listed.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    No, it's like a mailman, once you move that sim into your playable household they will lose that title/job. Your sim can marry them, and as long the sage is not in your playable household they will remain a sage. I've already tested this out with my sim. As far as your own sim mastering the type of magic you are asking about, again the answer would be no. EA set it up that we can not play sages, not sure why though.

Mechanical purposes. A sage is a NPC position with specific in game rules they follow.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Appreciate the info. One of my Sims has been wanting to propose to L. Faba, and I was nervous this might lose her her position as a sage. Now I know just to not move her in after wedding.

Funny side story, my Sim at one point invited L. Faba over for a costume party. She came dressed as Princess Leia, and apparently enjoyed it so much, she's been wandering around the magic realm still in costume. :D

@katrinasforest wait... You can marry two sims without moving them in together? I did not know this!
    edited September 2019
    My sim just married Simeon (I did use the cheat to add to family, and kept it this time instead of backing out) and they just eloped.

MnU6FlW.png (sorry a few of her pics got in the way in the background, she had taken a pic with each of the Sages and this was the update I did for Simeon, I made him a Young Adult and plan to use the immortality potion on them both before I turn on aging) I love them together, they are so sweet, and the only trait they have in common is the snob.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member

@katrinasforest wait... You can marry two sims without moving them in together? I did not know this!

@MaggieMarley Yep. You can propose and then plan the wedding, and they should show up like they would to any other event you invite them to. (Although one of my friends had an issue where the Sim who wasn't in household wandered off before they actually said their vows.) Alternatively, just invite them over and elope. The game will prompt you with the move-in screen once they marry, but you can just cancel out of it.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019

@MaggieMarley Yep. You can propose and then plan the wedding, and they should show up like they would to any other event you invite them to. (Although one of my friends had an issue where the Sim who wasn't in household wandered off before they actually said their vows.) Alternatively, just invite them over and elope. The game will prompt you with the move-in screen once they marry, but you can just cancel out of it.
    @katrinasforest awesome! I can’t believe I didn’t know this before. I always wished that sims could get married without moving in together... And it turns out it’s been possible all this time :D Will have to do this with my sim and Morgyn so that he remains a sage.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Thanks. Didn't realize they were NPCs.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    So I'm having an issue with the sages. I made 3 different clubs and I choose one sage to be the leader of each club but now I noticed they aren't sages anymore and it have new sages. Why this happened? A sage can't belong to any club then? I wanted to make the Houses of Harry Potter.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    So I'm having an issue with the sages. I made 3 different clubs and I choose one sage to be the leader of each club but now I noticed they aren't sages anymore and it have new sages. Why this happened? A sage can't belong to any club then? I wanted to make the Houses of Harry Potter.

It's possible that the sages got jobs, and while they're at work the other sages are their temporary replacements. Sages aren't supposed to get jobs, but the game doesn't always care.

I set my sages to be always unemployed thanks to MCCC.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »

I'm guessing that the sages have a special programing that keeps them at their "station" so we can interact with them. If you take them from their programed area of play, it might break the code and they are no longer sages.
  • Mistymarie0622Mistymarie0622 Posts: 1 New Member
    So one of my sages died. L to be exact. I'm not sure when it how. The Grim rapper didn't appear. I just happen to see a grave in my backyard. She was at my house for a spooky party. My question is Will she be replaced? Or am I out of luck?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    So one of my sages died. L to be exact. I'm not sure when it how. The Grim rapper didn't appear. I just happen to see a grave in my backyard. She was at my house for a spooky party. My question is Will she be replaced? Or am I out of luck?

She should be replaced, just as if she'd been moved into a household you control.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Have you tried the spells to call ghosts and revive them? She might be waiting for your sim to bring her back to life. :D
  • kf10147kf10147 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how to change the sages' wands/brooms? I added them to my household using Merkaba's sage sin household mod and gave them wands and set them as favorites but they are instead using wands that aren't even in their inventories. Does anyone have a work around?
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2019

Lol, that's probably a bug because I did the same thing and had Simeon wandering in the Realm in a pizza guy costume for like a good sim week. I was curious if he would ever decide to change out of that costume :D. But he never did so I did it manually through MC CC.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    For some reason Morgyn was culled from my game. I downloaded him from the gallery, but if I put him in my game, I know he won't be a sage again. I don't understand why my game did that. Erwin from Strangerville was also culled from my game.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    WillKDavid wrote: »
    For some reason Morgyn was culled from my game. I downloaded him from the gallery, but if I put him in my game, I know he won't be a sage again. I don't understand why my game did that. Erwin from Strangerville was also culled from my game.

Do you have any mods that would automatically cull them? Perhaps if you've updated to the new patch it no longer secures them from not being culled? The only other possible reason they might get culled is bc you've exceeded the maximum global Sim limit in your save, and bc you did not mark them as Favorites, the game considered them just as vulnerable to be culled as any other townie.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SyurimaSyurima Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it possible to make a sage live in a house (not my played household, just a random lot) without them losing their sage status?
  • Rissa223Rissa223 Posts: 1 New Member
    HELP! How do you reset sages?!?! I didn't know they couldn't move into your household and they wouldnt be replaced:( now there's a ton of spells I cant get.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top