Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I found a pre-order on a Dutch website: https://livekaarten.nl/the-sims-4-discover-university-dlc-pc/afd-google-shopping/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRWw7ycdsKkeuV_wFOAIGAE0ryLknV4UVk0m8P-t00fh2kPW0ObOeqDhoC8b8QAvD_BwE

It’s obvious that the picture and title are placeholders. However, the site is legit and I have ordered games from them before.

Edit: found another Dutch website and a Norse website with the same pre-order date! And I chatted with one their helpdesk employees and they confirmed it is university-themed!

This is big news, this is how Island Living basically got "confirmed", I wonder if Sims Community and the rest of them know about this, we can probably expect some Youtube videos and Twitter posts soon
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2019
    I found a pre-order on a Dutch website: https://livekaarten.nl/the-sims-4-discover-university-dlc-pc/afd-google-shopping/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRWw7ycdsKkeuV_wFOAIGAE0ryLknV4UVk0m8P-t00fh2kPW0ObOeqDhoC8b8QAvD_BwE

It’s obvious that the picture and title are placeholders. However, the site is legit and I have ordered games from them before.

Edit: found another Dutch website and a Norse website with the same pre-order date! And I chatted with one their helpdesk employees and they confirmed it is university-themed!
    I’ve been waiting for something like a leak for so long now. I hope this really means something then, I’m think maybe next week they’ll announce something
    Edit: those are TS3 sims though 😩 probably took whatever picture to have a placeholder.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited October 2019
    "I'd much prefer an EA confirmation. Even if true, what's to keep this from being as half-baked as the other packs we've gotten lately? Another concern is that it could wind up being a one and done sort of thing. There's a video out there by the guy that does game guides and he raises this point along with several others.

For all you that are salivating about farming being next, that is something that is not readily transferable into a sims game, whether the content itself or the massive amount of work involved in making it. For some details please see my extensive comment on 'Farm EP' over in the Expansion Packs category.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2019

YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAAY! I knew these sort of leaks would start coming out at some point. I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED!

Edit: I can second the authenticity. I just talked to support and they said it's real too and they re-iterated the November 15th release date.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I can’t help but feel there are but few people excited about this expansion. How come? Is it me, as this is the pack I’ve been waiting for for 5 years? Or are we all burnt out by the bugs and issues in the latest packs? I get that, by the way. I do. I’m just terribly excited about University finally coming.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    I can’t help but feel there are but few people excited about this expansion. How come? Is it me, as this is the pack I’ve been waiting for for 5 years? Or are we all burnt out by the bugs and issues in the latest packs? I get that, by the way. I do. I’m just terribly excited about University finally coming.

I've never played a Uni pack so I'm so excited to see what the hype is about!

I think people might be in different time zones and havent seen this. They also maybe arent rechecking this thread. You should start you own new topic and post this with the fact that there are pre order links out there in the title.

Also maybe it you have a twitter account, tweet at Sims Community. People having been going nuts on twitter when Sims Community announces anything about University. If he makes a video about people will go crazy.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'll wait and get excited when EA confirms it. Even then, I might not get excited. I'm the unpopular opinion and don't really care for uni and never have. I didn't like TS2 or TS3 versions of it, so I really doubt I'll like a watered down version of it that would be TS4. Unless it has some amazing CAS or BB I can't live without, I'd see this as a pack I'd skip. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this though, so I hope it does meet up with those expectations for them. I have a feeling it will end up having the worst backlash though because of the overhype. It's been built up SO HIGH by the community I fear a lot will be sorely disappointed.
    Origin ID: Peapod79

I think people might be in different time zones and havent seen this. They also maybe arent rechecking this thread. You should start you own new topic and post this with the fact that there are pre order links out there in the title.

Thanks for thinking along, but it’s not just the lack of response on the links, that’s fine. It’s more an overall feeling I get on the forums, that people aren’t excited anymore and are not looking forward to anything new in The Sims 4.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member

Thanks for thinking along, but it’s not just the lack of response on the links, that’s fine. It’s more an overall feeling I get on the forums, that people aren’t excited anymore and are not looking forward to anything new in The Sims 4.

I agree, TS4 and its community just seems really flat lately. YouTubers are playing other games instead, where once they played this every day, or are looking at CC or making opinion videos, rather than actually playing the game. When they, or we, play the game it is riddled with bugs. I am tired of trying to build things and fight the mechanics of the game that have gone wonky and actually playing just feels like repeating everything I have done multiple times before. I haven't had a save go into the 3rd generation in ages, because it is all so repetitive.

LMcGE wrote: »

I agree, TS4 and its community just seems really flat lately. YouTubers are playing other games instead, where once they played this every day, or are looking at CC or making opinion videos, rather than actually playing the game. When they, or we, play the game it is riddled with bugs. I am tired of trying to build things and fight the mechanics of the game that have gone wonky and actually playing just feels like repeating everything I have done multiple times before. I haven't had a save go into the 3rd generation in ages, because it is all so repetitive.

I agree with this but I also think people who want University have been disappointed in the past and don't want to get their hopes up. When Strangeville came out some people suggested it was University, then when it wasn't so people said it the next pack would be University and it wasn't. I remember being so disappointed that Island Living wasn't University that I promised myself I would not get excited at all until it was officially confirmed. I also think there is a different vibe on the speculation forum at the moment, people seem way more excited on twitter and other platforms for new packs and just any news. There were also a lot of people who were just on the speculation forum waiting for Realm of Magic and now they have got what they wanted and so they are not that interested anymore.

So it's a combination of things but once they officially announce I think the excitement will increase and then lets hope the pack doesn't disappoint.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Well, family players are bit 'meh', considering that previous university packs have been entirely focused on YAs. I think it could be a fun pack, but only if they include some things for kids and teens, online learning and an option to live at home while attending university. I'm holding back until we get an official reveal. (Honestly, I'd buy the pack if they'd only give us homeschooling. It would open up so many possibilities for my storytelling.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    While it isn't the pack I've waited on the most, I look forward to it now. I actually have a number of teens in my rotation who were born in the game and so if I play them now, they might be too old for university whereas if I wait, they will be able to go.

I'm not disappointed, I just think that yes, the game could be freshened up with new content. I've said this before but I don't think starting over with new packs of the same content in "TS5" is the answer even if that's what they do. I'd rather have exciting new gameplay.

Maybe they could release a pack that is open world with a cover wheel. I actually really liked Sunset Valley in TS3, so if they added a pack that is basically that world and open other than loading screens to go into a building, I'd be pretty happy.

I think the challenge is trying to please so many different people and so ending up in the middle of the road. Like ok, Strangerville was strange but I did like that it was doing something different. No, I don't want an RPG. I liked being able to leave it as an open sandbox in the end.

A lot of people seem to want to complain about not having new content and then to complain when it comes out. I think it's completely fair to want to push for fixing bugs but we should accept that not every pack needs to please every player.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited October 2019

I think it has to do with how dissapointing packs have been lately, especially the last EP, and this being an EP brings back Island Living memories. The bugs and the lack of gameplay is putting people off and I assume most of us are worried of what the restrictions would be (not even IF there would be restrictions, we know there will be, but how important for each of us these specific ones coming are), the "we had to choose between A or B", the "not much to do but hey, look at those awesome wall stickers!", that kind of thing.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I'm super stoked about this pack despite the last few packs being so underwhelming. I just try to remember how great Seasons and Pets are and that if they can make two most wanted packs great they can do it again. I hope I'm not disappointed though.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'll be honest. I'm excited for Uni but what I'm really waiting for is Planet Zoo.
    I’ve tweeted them but they haven’t done anything yet.
    I’m super excited for this! Someone replied to my comment on Twitter and said that the listing said 4 GB of RAM vs 2 GB of RAM typically for other packs. C&D used 4 GB, so maybe something big is coming in the pack? Like maybe a new cas tool? Idk
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I’m super excited for this! Someone replied to my comment on Twitter and said that the listing said 4 GB of RAM vs 2 GB of RAM typically for other packs. C&D used 4 GB, so maybe something big is coming in the pack? Like maybe a new cas tool? Idk

That sounds great, let’s hope that’s indeed so!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

For me personally, it's because I've gotten so tired of the University crowd trying to rain on everyone else's parade when something other than University is announced, that I'm just ready to get it over with so we can move on to something new.

That and I got the pack I wanted (Realm of Magic) so everything else is just gravy so.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member

For me, I definitely got tired of the Uni/hardcore realists/anti-occult and strange things crowd not only crying for it, but putting literally everything else down until they get what they want. To me, that kind of behavior is just awful, even if I can get behind what you want. And the fact that when it finally looks like we might get it, I immediately saw a HUGE wave of "it's gonna be bad, I hate Sims 4" really kinda dampened my mood. But don't worry, I'm excited and will enjoy it when it gets here. In fact, I kinda have my Simming on pause till I hear more about it. Not because I'm part of the "I literally can't play without Uni" crowd, but because I'm undertaking a huge project that Uni will make more interesting
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

This I think, for me. I'm looking forward to a University expansion but the bugginess of the game at the moment is definitely putting a dampener on my enthusiasm...
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm excited, but I want to wait and see what we're getting. I'll get University, whatever it is, but if it's all kegs and toga parties, I'll be less excited than if we get new careers and active classes (or a mix -- lectures for me could be rabbitholes).
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I can't speak for others but for me it's the constant disappointment. I was so excited for island living and mermaids and we could not even get one little tiny underwater lot? Something. Anything. When they had the whole underwater sea to explore in sims3. Among other disappointments.

Then I had all of these plans for witches in the deep dark forest,only to get what is in my opinion, a childish Harry Potter remake. So yea, I don't feel the same excitement for packs anymore. It's just like okay I get what I get, hope it's good! 😑
    You only feel disappointed when you expect something.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(