Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Disappointed here but not much because I was 100% expecting it. I am not disappointed with university itself, just don't care much either way, but I am disappointed it is uni ONLY. I was hoping for an all around school pack that included elementary school, preschool and (less important to me but more so than uni) high school.

I didn't expect it so not super disappointing but it would have been nice haha ,
    They could improve education in general in the pre-pack patch, adding in homeschooling and/or study from home options similar to the WFH jobs. Or they could add minor imrprovements so that students (espeially teens) can prepart themselves for university (ways to earn scholarships other than just grades, maybe a certain level of Painting school can earn an Arts scholarship or Programming get an IT scholarship.

If this is true then I'm happy -- would have preferred it sooner but better late than never. The name seems to be a bit weird so that could be just a placeholder name and the retailers (and us) will get the actual name sometime in late October.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I hope it's not completely focused on young adults like all the recent packs.

Well when you consider the age most people go to college there might be a bit more for YA, but if they handle it where any age (YA and up) can attend like in TS3 there'll be lots for Adults and Elders as well. (I do want to do another "professional student" who just keeps taking college classes and eventually gets all the degrees.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    nvm. I am going to limit my comments or just not comment and lurk. Its sad when you realize you make no sense at all when you reread your comments. Old age and illnesses just took something else away :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm hoping the sims 4 university brings more hangout lots not just bars, a salon and cinema or something, more skills and careers, active university lot, objects like bunk beds, kegg stand, more arcade games like pool etc. A sofa bed would also be handy lol and it would be cool if it was a all education pack got active high school etc but if they done that they would need to make cuts on university, theres only so much they can add in an expansion
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I hope there are at least 10 degrees and that some of them are for new careers. Education is the ideal degree/career to bring back.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Was this pack officially confirmed by a Guru?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

Agreed. Why was “discover” necessary?

I was wondering that perhaps we are getting more than none uni or we may be getting graduate schools too or.... a lecture career at the uni so the world has more use
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I think ‘Discover University’ is a placeholder title, just like when IL was first discovered.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    It would be nice if this pack were more active than previous packs so that instead of sims running off to rabbit holes for class and exams students could be followed to lectures and labs, and have various interesting activities and interactions (almost like mini games) to do. I also agree that an education career track is needed. My preference would be for an active teaching career or professorship (with both elementary and high school branches).

Really I would personally prefer an overhaul of all education in the game so it could be active for kids, teens, young adults and also include an active career in education — but I know that is not likely. So instead I would like an active university career (probably also not likely). Hopefully it will at least lead to another overhaul of jobs in the game and add some interesting new professions—teachers, archeologists, architects or city planners, engineers, biologists, environmentalists or whatever as well as boosts to the existing careers (with sims starting at a higher level, earning more for the duration of a career etc). I like what others have said about it hopefully adding a new social element too — maybe that could mean new socializations and social groups, and maybe even one or more team sports of some kind.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Absolutely love the idea above about arcade games. And they would also be great for children's birthday parties as at the moment it seems lacking for me in that respect.

Really hoping for an education career track which branches like the others and you can go in to school teaching or lecturing/academic /research fellow etc.
    However I'll hold fire on getting too excited until I see what is really coming in this EP.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hope this so called leak is true. I like University in these games, and will wait to see what this offers. But I'm confused about the name? Did you mean you discovered this leak or that is the name of the pack? lol I haven't been up very long and confused. ETA: (Never mind I reread the tweet and see it wasn't the OP that called it Discover University). :#

For someone like me, it might be a good pack to get (since I don't have anything past Parenthood) and then see what it adds to aspiratons and more traits and emotions (I hope that make more sense) then see where I can add packs that would improve the over all gameplay in some way, if possible. The Sim would have a better education (all around I hope) and see if any of that impacks the other packs to improve upon that gameplay. Like University did for TS2 and TS3 (and I really think this should have been one of the early packs for those reasons).

ETA: This place lives for leaks, glad someone leaked some info, lol, it's interesting to think about it. Please Maxis include dorm building we can finally build anywhere and expand building with dorm building so we can finally build some duplexes or condos or somthing outside the box of how CL was made. ( I have builds for that and been waiting for five years to use them for real).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Was this pack officially confirmed by a Guru?

No. It appears a Target employee found it in their inventory codes. In the video Pixelade explains that in the screen shot of the employee’s phone in the video there is a number under the game title that as a former Target employee himself he recognized as a legit Target inventory code. So he called 3 different Target stores and they confirmed they have this title in their inventory scheduled for sale availability on November 15th.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »
    I actually look forward to seeing a Medical School choice included in University or being able to pick different path’s like Business, Medical, Math, Science etc. I’m wondering what sort of good outcome will our sims benefit from when receiving their degree, just hope it is worth it. I haven’t played in 2 months now.... bleh

that would be nice if it had some cross-pack capablities. cause becoming a vet with no experience is a little odd, being able to do a medical track in uni and be able to have some skill already/get a better career starting out with the get to work doctor or cats and dogs vet would be super cool!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Actually, the next pack I want is"Get Animations". I am ready for some new ones. Conversation, cooking, omg can we get new romance ones, anything to update the everyday stale haven't been changed in five years animations that I am bored watching.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Actually, the next pack I want is"Get Animations". I am ready for some new ones. Conversation, cooking, omg can we get new romance ones, anything to update the everyday stale haven't been changed in five years animations that I am bored watching.

I feel they should us Mocap (motion capture) for Sims 5. It makes it much easier to make tons of animations with less effort/costs.
    It still baffles me they don't use it already..
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Terrible name, amazing release date. Didn't expect it to be that soon.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.
    Emotion system is pretty whacked out too with the happy default coded in and environment buffs being extreme. There is still a lot the Sims 4 base alone doesn't have that the Sims 1 had including pond tools, burglars, police, firefighters, carpools, schoolbuses, and taxis just to name a few. I know I wouldn't mind a color wheel either since CAP colorwheel is wonderful. Babies are just objects that can burn too so not a real lifestate and they still look creepy to me. So yes there is a ton left to do even five years later. Sad because by this time, Sims 1, 2, and 3 were completed and Sims 4 is still lacking in so many areas. So yes it is the weakest of the franchise at this point and time and the iteration that has left the community divided from release date to now and poor delivery and execution still remains to be the cause of that. If the game was good or at least par, people would be willing to move onto the Sims 5 by now, but because it is not, Sims 4 still needs baking from the half-baked product it is now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

I feel they should us Mocap (motion capture) for Sims 5. It makes it much easier to make tons of animations with less effort/costs.
    It still baffles me they don't use it already..
    I wish that too. Would be cheaper. Honestly having procedural generated worlds and gradual aging would cut costs and improve game performance too for the series. Sims is just getting so dated with what game technology offers games now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

Why is "Get to" as a prefix before expansions necessary too?

The whole branding of TS4 is an unorganized mess. The naming is inconsistent, the color palette redesign is an eyesore, they advertise Sims that appear entirely different in the game (Realm of Magic sages especially), etc.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Why is "Get to" as a prefix before expansions necessary too?

The whole branding of TS4 is an unorganized mess. The naming is inconsistent, the color palette redesign is an eyesore, they advertise Sims that appear entirely different in the game (Realm of Magic sages especially), etc.
    Yeah I am so tired of the Get to as a prefix for packs too. So much so I made a crude joke about it before Jungle Adventures pack was released. It is like Get to have some creativity for naming packs something different without Get To. It is just gotten to a point that makes dad jokes more enjoyable to read.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.

But I still don't understand why our Sims would need cars. They basically disappear off screen immediately after they hit the sidewalk. In many cases, you just zoom out, hit the little button and they go wherever you send them. There is nowhere to drive in TS4. I loved having cars in TS2 and TS3, but those games were asset-rich and also had tons more animations than TS4 has. My own preference would be to spend their resources on animations that could enhance their home life and/or social lives more. Although those seem to be cast in stone at the moment. 😊
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I was just thinking we might finally finally see bunk beds? I mean if they don't come in this pack, I don't think they ever will ^^

I NEED BUNK BEDS IN MY GAME! seriously how is bunkbeds not a thing in the game yet?! its one of those things i miss dearly from the sims 3 and why i play it till today
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Noon here, and this rumor hasn't been officially denied yet. I'm getting on this hype train!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Noon here, and this rumor hasn't been officially denied yet. I'm getting on this hype train!

I really hope that means they are working on an official trailer and release it early since the cats out the bag.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free