Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Freshman
    Level One = Fall Semester
    Level Two = Spring Semester

Sophomore
    Level Three = Fall Semester
    Level Four = Spring Semester

Junior
    Level Five = Fall Semester
    Level Six = Spring Semester

Senior
    Level Seven = Fall Semester
    Level Eight = Spring Semester

Graduation

And Maybe Class time is Live active Careers where you just complete or work on an assignment before it's due at the end of a the week or so.
    This stuff is really quite weird to me.

Uni here is often only 3 years, and the way the year is divided varies. Some universities have two semesters per year, others have 3 trimester, and some are by 4 terms. Our university year typically starts in February aka, in summer.
    Simburian wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Vampris wrote: »
    It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School
    And an even better title than

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke

Get Juiced
    Get Hazed
    Get Laid

Get Killed could be interesting? o:)

or simply Deaded?

And undeaded...

Get Ghostlife? With cemetaries!

Derailing the thread sorry but the thread is speculative anyway.

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    we need a athlete over hual and also we should get to desgin our own uni

the more i think about it. i think the athletic career will be the expanded base game profession in this pack having the same trend going with the gardening career in seasons and fishing career in island living.

and this official description from the new official maxis sims:
    Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

Capture-5-600x657.jpg
    y'all got bread?
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I think I'm in the minority when I say that I'm glad it will likely not be covering elementary and high school. It would be mostly pointless and empty. The only activity it would essentially have is watching you sim watch another sim in front of a board, a full day version of the class we got in TS3.

You have to remember, there was very little focus on the academic side of things in TS2 and TS3 University packs (TS2 even had no actual university buildings, let alone any meaningful university interaction), and both had a bare minimum of what you needed to do to pass (just go to class for a couple of hours and write a report) - that was it. The main focus in both games was the campus life itself: dorms, greek houses, toga parties, secret societies, coffee shops, the quad - stuff that you would find in any college movie, the university itself isn't important.

In contrast, schools have significantly higher contact hours, and everything is much more structured and very little would be in your sim's control. Otherwise it would cease to be a school. When you compare a show or film set in a school, very little focus is placed on the classroom side of things, but rather the hallway corridors, prom, or out of school activities, something which is much less easy to form a pack around.

When TS2 University was being released, in one of the Q&As, the developers were even asked if they would do a school pack, and they responded with no as it would be boring.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    aw, I hope farming comes soon after it. I never liked University in TS3 so I hope they do it better in TS4!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    even if i buy the ep i am not sending any of mysims to uni uni should of been way last they should of relasise a retro style sims4 ep furniture and appliances from 1950 to now
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    I think I'm in the minority when I say that I'm glad it will likely not be covering elementary and high school. It would be mostly pointless and empty. The only activity it would essentially have is watching you sim watch another sim in front of a board, a full day version of the class we got in TS3.

You have to remember, there was very little focus on the academic side of things in TS2 and TS3 University packs (TS2 even had no actual university buildings, let alone any meaningful university interaction), and both had a bare minimum of what you needed to do to pass (just go to class for a couple of hours and write a report) - that was it. The main focus in both games was the campus life itself: dorms, greek houses, toga parties, secret societies, coffee shops, the quad - stuff that you would find in any college movie, the university itself isn't important.

In contrast, schools have significantly higher contact hours, and everything is much more structured and very little would be in your sim's control. Otherwise it would cease to be a school. When you compare a show or film set in a school, very little focus is placed on the classroom side of things, but rather the hallway corridors, prom, or out of school activities, something which is much less easy to form a pack around.

When TS2 University was being released, in one of the Q&As, the developers were even asked if they would do a school pack, and they responded with no as it would be boring.

True that, although I must admit that seeing how they handled the acting career in GF, I think they could give us an interesting university class this time - because as much as I enjoyed TS3 Uni, the classes inside were suhuuper boring. Although I did like sketching outside during the art classes. But yeah, if they did all school activities, I agree that they'd all probably be watered down, so with their constraints and everything, focusing on only one particular school type might be better.

What I'm mostly hoping for is that they give us the ability for sims to actually do something while they're sitting down on the ground. It's stupid I guess, but I loved that animation in TS3 (sitting down to sketch stuff, sitting down with a laptop, just sitting down in general). I also think it's a typical college type thing, to have stairs littered with sitting students lol.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member

the more i think about it. i think the athletic career will be the expanded base game profession in this pack having the same trend going with the gardening career in seasons and fishing career in island living.

Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

Capture-5-600x657.jpg

i hope they expand upon more than one career and maybe add more to the painter and business career too!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The realism player in me is happy for this though I'll have to see how it is implemented.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I am one of the players who want to see private school and admissions come back. I play a rotation with various types of households so it would add more contrast and detail.

I will say that I hope we'll then see some new and interesting content rather than going back to square one and just repeating it. I will honestly be pretty hesitant to do that, certainly in the next year and I can't say beyond that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

I feel there’s quite a lot of ways they could make it exciting/interesting. I’m a primary teacher and I keep thinking of ideas for a school expansion pack. I won’t go into them all here (as I think I once wrote a novel-length post about ideas for a school pack and I don’t want to rehash, as well as this not being the place).

At the moment, schools is where our kids/teens spend most of their time locked away in a rabbit hole. Those schools could be developed into such a rich immersive environment for our sim kids and teens with new kid/teen based relationship gameplay, sporting activities, extracurricular activities etc. Not to mention that a well-developed preschool/nursery could be added for toddlers too. It just seems that a pack aimed at younger age groups is sorely needed and that developing a school one (where they spend almost all their time) is the most direct way to go about it.

My hopes for university are that they add in another dimension to the game (my hopes are on music).
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Freshman
    Level One = Fall Semester
    Level Two = Spring Semester

Sophomore
    Level Three = Fall Semester
    Level Four = Spring Semester

Junior
    Level Five = Fall Semester
    Level Six = Spring Semester

Senior
    Level Seven = Fall Semester
    Level Eight = Spring Semester

Graduation

And Maybe Class time is Live active Careers where you just complete or work on an assignment before it's due at the end of a the week or so.
    This stuff is really quite weird to me.

Uni here is often only 3 years, and the way the year is divided varies. Some universities have two semesters per year, others have 3 trimester, and some are by 4 terms. Our university year typically starts in February aka, in summer.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the United States, but The University I go to, the Academic Year is set up with essentially two Terms/Semesters. It begins with the Fall Term, and ends with the Spring Term. But there are options, where the student could choose to take classes in the Winter/Summer, if they wish. first year students as long as they meet admission and enrollment deadlines, could get a jumpstart and enroll for the spring summer. I Had a classmate in High school who applied enroll

But it depends on the Student and what they're going for Generally here it takes:
    2-3 years for an Associates
    4-5 Years for a Bachelors
    6-7 years For a Masters
    7-8+ Years for a Doctorates

and then you have to think about your Major and among other stuff. So perhaps you could set it up to whatever makes sense to you.

I wonder what Kind of Universities they looked at, I hope they do something a little Similar to the Sims 3's Sims University, Campus Set up, and Build style make some parts of the campus feel Historic, but also some new advancing Structures.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2019
    I hope they don’t bring anything like new elementary/private schools because knowing them, they’ll probably say we couldn’t fully develop universities to also focus on elementary schools/private. University should focus on university. Though knowing the sims team, my hopes aren’t too high. Also those mentioning semesters in TS3(haven’t played TS2) a semester was pretty much 1-2(3?)sim weeks, and no one aged while the sim was in university.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Not that I’m not happy another pack is coming but I thought Lyndsay said that we were only getting the 3 packs we did for the rest of the year?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I hope with this pack there are dorms that you can rent and live. I would like to see a musical aspect of this pack, join a marching band or any kind of band.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not that I’m not happy another pack is coming but I thought Lyndsay said that we were only getting the 3 packs we did for the rest of the year?

3 packs in 6 months. This was stated in April and ends at the end of September. There's another 6 month period after that up until the end of March.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm disappointed. I wanted to attend highschool atleast if not all ages. Adults have everything in this game. :'(

I think if we ever get a general education pack, it'd be a gamepack focused on kids and teens. I think that would be better than trying to cram all of that in with a university pack. Everything would be lacking if they tried to put all of that into one EP.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Vampris wrote: »
    It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School
    And an even better title than

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke

Get Juiced
    Get Hazed
    Get Laid

Get Killed could be interesting? o:)

or simply Deaded?

I would so love a pack focused on death. They were considering making a similar stuff pack (it didn't win the vote,) but I hope we get a death gamepack instead.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    As always I'm mostly looking forward to build/buy!

ETA: and CAS and careers and traits and lot traits and skills
  • WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    FINALLY! I've been waiting forever for this!! So excited to see what they've come up with...I hope i'm not disappointed, I play TS3 on the regular just because I miss university
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

Capture-5-600x657.jpg

I imagine we might have a standalone career type called mentor, it's something we've seen, for example an action of telling about a specific vampire type skill when you tell the story and another yes gets XP, it could be a way to increase the extent of expansion in the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope we at least get daycare for uni students to send their kids to and elders be able to attend school too. I like the name and neat having another pack come out on my parents and brother's wedding anniversary. I really hope Sims get to do the financial part of things too with having to pay for loans and getting grants for funding for school.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was just thinking we might finally finally see bunk beds? I mean if they don't come in this pack, I don't think they ever will ^^
  • Gabriel081195Gabriel081195 Posts: 25 Member
    I hope it is similar to The Sims 2. With 2 college districts. The first linked to Willow Creek and the second linked to Oasis Springs. I also want the sororities back, it would be nice for EA to release the pre-teens (who could be similar to The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 teens) who would go to high school. And the teenagers from The Sims 4 would go to college. I'm sorry my english is that it is not my native language.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited September 2019
    and then you have to think about your Major
    There's usually no 'and then' here. You need to have done the prerequisite subjects before applying for your chosen course. You tailor your senior school classes (usually years 10-12) to whatever your chosen field of tertiary study will be.
    An Australian going to the US for uni will often skip the 'junior' year, because that is covered by our year 12.

So perhaps you could set it up to whatever makes sense to you.
    That is what I hope they allow for. More options allows for more variations, meaning the game becomes bigger.

I attended a US university where they had three "quarters" instead of two semesters. So both happen even in the US.

They're called trimesters. A quarter is one of four, if it's not divided into four, then it is not a quarter.
    When you've got trimesters, you're usually cramming more into your academic year.

But it depends on the Student and what they're going for Generally here it takes:
    2-3 years for an Associates
    4-5 Years for a Bachelors
    6-7 years For a Masters
    7-8+ Years for a Doctorates

I probably should also add that a Bachelors is 3-4 years here, Masters is another 1-2 years, and Doctorate can be 3-4 years on top of the Bachelors.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    I hope it does come in November <3
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on