Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying Sims 2 from Amazon-Solved

Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 2
Hi Simmers,

I am thinking of buying TS2 from Amazon, and some of the packs say DVD & some say CD-ROM. I am wondering..does that matter? Can I install them all? I have a multi disc drive on my computer. I also have Windows 10. But I’ve been reading that TS2 will work on Windows 10. Just wondering what advice y’all might have? Thanks & happy simming!
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
Post edited by Destin2016 on

Comments

• Sul_SulSul_Sul Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 2 does work on Windows 10...technically, although a lot of problems can arise on modern PCs.

If I were you, I'd make sure there's a good return policy before you buy just in case you run into issues with the installation.

CD and DVD-ROM copies shouldn't make too much of a difference just make sure that the seller is selling a copy with ALL the discs included. I recently installed a DVD copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe on a Windows 8.1 laptop and the installation went fine, but I had to play around with the config files to get the game to properly run.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Thank you @Sul_Sul!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • JackRutherford33JackRutherford33 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes you can install them all at once. There will be no problem. Playing this game can be a little tricky if you have Windows 10. Best of all if you install the rest with Linux setup.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member