Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potions Have No Value :(

I'm still trying to figure out a good career for my witch and what I was hoping for was to sell potions but they are worth no money. I'm really upset about this cause I'm fairly certain that even creating a retail lot and selling them there won't fix this. Is there a way around this that anyone knows of.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    This is a known problem which will be fixed in the next patch.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There are mods but @DaWaterRat said they are planning on fixing it :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yeah when is patch?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    When will this get fixed?!? There have been two- count them- TWO patches since this most distressing glitch (oversight) was first reported. Common guys!!!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I really expected yesterday's patch to fix this issue. :(
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    JanieLyn wrote: »
    When will this get fixed?!? There have been two- count them- TWO patches since this most distressing glitch (oversight) was first reported. Common guys!!!

Even more egregious is a dev of all people mentioned this was an issue
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I was expecting this to be fixed in the October patch too. Rather irritated that it wasn't, as my sports star spellcaster is approaching adult, and would like to "retire" from sports and run a health and wellness shop with potions available as well as herbal remedies.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh, come on, people. They'll fix it. And then we'll get it in a patch. Things take time. It hasn't been a month yet.

Personally, the value of potions in my game is threefold - 1.) they have practical effects and can be useful, 2.) my Spellcasters improve in skill by making them and 3.) I can place them as ambient decoration. I don't miss the Alchemy Consignment rat race at all.

Don't mistake worth for cost. Just sell your excess garden herbs - I have far more Valerian and Mandrake that I need. And Deathflower is good return on the investment for one to plant.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Oh, come on, people. They'll fix it. And then we'll get it in a patch. Things take time. It hasn't been a month yet.

Personally, the value of potions in my game is threefold - 1.) they have practical effects and can be useful, 2.) my Spellcasters improve in skill by making them and 3.) I can place them as ambient decoration. I don't miss the Alchemy Consignment rat race at all.

Don't mistake worth for cost. Just sell your excess garden herbs - I have far more Valerian and Mandrake that I need. And Deathflower is good return on the investment for one to plant.

What kind of excuse is that?

If I want to profit from making magic potions I should. I would like my sims to own an Alchemy store, since I have Get to Work. If we can sell herbalism balms we should be able to sell magic potions as well, and that should have been an option from the start.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    And I want werewolves. But nothing in the promotional material led me to believe they'd be in Realm of Magic. Point me at the "make a career selling your magical creations" in the advertising, and I'll conclude it is in fact a critical bug. Otherwise, caveat emptor.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    And I want werewolves. But nothing in the promotional material led me to believe they'd be in Realm of Magic. Point me at the "make a career selling your magical creations" in the advertising, and I'll conclude it is in fact a critical bug. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

Lol.....comparing oranges to apples I see....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    And ADDITIONALLY, if you are going to quote my post, at least have the courtesy to READ it.

We have not seen the RoM bug patch yet. They rushed one critical fix, for the crash to desktop from CAS while saving during a casting animation. These things take time. Be patient.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    How silly of course, to expect glaring design problems like this one, to be fixed *before* release.
    Waiting however many months (or years, if previous packs are an indication) for a hypothetical patch is obviously the more sensible option.

Who wouldn't want to pay to beta test a game amiright ?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hope we will get it in the next patch.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    And here my plans for a potion shop are on an unwilling hiatus...sigh
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    Anticipating the fix which has not come as yet, I setup a small family with a spellcaster mother of a vampire teen who has earned all her money from spellcasting. They started in a small apartment, and paid the rent by selling the familiars' gifts. When she got copypasto she started copying the most expensive ones. After yesterday's patch they finally had enough aspiration points to buy a money tree and enough money to buy house with a yard. After her four money trees grow up, she'll probably copypasto them as well. When I saw that the potion cost issue hadn't changed I did go ahead and install a mod, because I figured that the major hurdles had been passed. They might as well have nice beds while they wait on the trees and the A student can have her own computer.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited October 2019

Yeah... adding an entirely *new* feature compared to one that is already been sold to us under the assumption that it *works* is, well, no comparison. A released pack should be in a working condition, and if it’s not should be TOP priority. They just gave us a patch with added two stupid costumes that nobody wanted and a few bug fixes that don’t even effect my game anyway. What was the point of that? Being able to sell an item and run a store is not a new thing either, it was our first pack. We should be able to sell items from any further pack there after without having to advertise it. I expect it. Without question.

I’m sick of giving EA excuses. I want better service and product. Period. I’m not settling for rubbish any more.

—T
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Oh, come on, people. They'll fix it. And then we'll get it in a patch.

Players paying top dollar shouldn't have to wait for a functional product, it should work on day one. Honestly I think it's laughable that people even make excuses the developers at this point.
    happyopi wrote: »
    Who wouldn't want to pay to beta test a game amiright ?

Welcome to modern gaming.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    And ADDITIONALLY, if you are going to quote my post, at least have the courtesy to READ it.

We have not seen the RoM bug patch yet. They rushed one critical fix, for the crash to desktop from CAS while saving during a casting animation. These things take time. Be patient.

I have an idea, why don't they stop the buy now, fix later and stop exploiting consumers. And I wonder all the time why anyone thinks it's ok software should't work. I don't think many of us would put up with bugs in our anti-virus and had to wait four or five years while our machines get eat up with worms and viruses. But it's ok to pay $40, or $20 every few months to buy software that is subpar and not functional.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This should have been a fix included in the latest patch. A modder did it in a few days after release so us waiting this long is not really acceptable since it should have been working on release. They probably could/should have included it in with the hotfix for spellcaster crashes in CAS.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Still waiting for this key feature to be fixed. I don't use mods so I'm stuck waiting. They should really stop relying on modders to fix the game and keep everyone happy until they get around to actually making game features work. Selling potions was specifically mentioned in their livestream. Also just noticed, but is there no upper cabinet to match RoM counter tops? This pack was rushed/released too soon.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Still waiting for this key feature to be fixed. I don't use mods so I'm stuck waiting. They should really stop relying on modders to fix the game and keep everyone happy until they get around to actually making game features work. Selling potions was specifically mentioned in their livestream. Also just noticed, but is there no upper cabinet to match RoM counter tops? This pack was rushed/released too soon.

Sure feels like it eh? There's a base game cabinet that is the same colour at least, but the pattern is different and it's just not the same. :(

There's also an issue with the ancient bloodline trait, and I found out last night after my sim died of old age that the potion of immortality doesn't work. It backfires on occasion and that's not what I'm talking about here. It appeared to have worked, my sim had the immortality trait. It said he was immune from death of old age. I switched households because he was safe, that's WHY I did it. He was not safe though and I only noticed after I'd rewritten the save that my other sim was mourning and oh... He died of old age. >:|

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    Is it not fixed now? I thought I saw a value on one of my potions, but I was focused on a different task so only flashed on it and haven't been in game since.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    It should be fixed: Patchnotes November 12th: Potions can now be sold for Simoleons.
    Maybe it only works for new saves not for those from before that patch.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Potions crafted after the Nov 12th patch will have a value, unfortunately, those potions crafed before the patch will still have no saleable value.