Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or Casters?

Comments

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    I feel spellcasters are going to have a lot more scope for fun overall. Not a huge fan of playing evil vampires (so I basically just play the Vatores), so that narrows playability for me personally.

That said, why choose, Caleb and Morgyn are in love.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    i always love occults, but in special magic its my favorite.

In this case I see that the spellcasters are just a better version of the vampires, after all not only do we have a talent tree but we have a better system to level this system as well as individual things that connect with this rank system. Soon it turns out that magicians are in fact the best hidden from the sims 4 and right behind vampires.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    I do prefer Vampire because they had unique powers unlike RoM's spellcasters.

unknown.png

Murray would like a few words in private with you...

Oh, please. I remember Murray when his name was Edwin, and he was emptying chamber pots for the lower orders. He tasted as awful as you might imagine.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Sigh no one knows Curse of Monkey Island
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol this thread has triggered so much fun..
    Visits vampire home and gives hexed potion of immortality..
    3eQUKNc.png
    Why so dramatic about it?
    AhLvfX0.png
    Minonize!
    Pk2WjbB.png
    Now go make me a sandwich!
    XaXpReI.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Definitely vampires.
    More gameplay, actual challenge playing them, less bugs, more interesting and not to mention overcharging takes forever and doesn’t even kill you on the first round. Spellcaster is perfect for someone who is scared of the risk of their sim dying.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I've always prefered vampires, but I also need all occults in my game. Maybe except zombies, but I still played them too! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh no two more vamps down... how sad.. but one looks very cuddly-wuddly.
    AoM5e7y.png
    I think I'll make the next one play here we go round the mulberry bush.... in the sunlight! Deliriate is fun :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Both are good.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    I like them both. But Vamps win. In a vacuum and in all other sim games I prefer witches/casters but in sims 4 vamps are better. Casters in sims 4 make the game too easy. One of the first portions fill all needs and only require an apple to fill a sims needs. I got a max level caster with all spells and potions in two sim days without cheats. Casters have minimal or no downside to balance their power. They're too easy to master and play. They take all the challenge out of a game that lacked much challenge to begin with. This is not a good thing.

I am glad to have the choice and like both. Heck I like all the occult lifestates. But vamps in The Sims 4 are better balanced as they offer more replayability as they add challenges to overcome, take longer to max, and aren't all upside. I maxed 3 casters now with zero death, zero curses and even if they do happen familiars save you from death, and curses are easily removed. There is no game balance to sim 4 casters none. This is why I vote Vampires in this game, even if I prefer casters everywhere else.
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I like Magic for everyone like TS1 style but as an occult only? Meh... Really there’s nothing to do if you don’t have any sim in the save you wanted to be a spellcaster. I mean at least if you don’t play a vampire sim you can always go for a vampire hunter but I guess witch hunt is of limit...

Besides there aren’t much spellcaster can do while a vampire scientist can’t. Create a fire? Maybe, but who need that when as a vampire you can directly kill!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    I can tell you’re hoping everyone chooses RoM just based on the disclaimers added in your OP.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Airakale wrote: »
    I like Magic for everyone like TS1 style but as an occult only? Meh... Really there’s nothing to do if you don’t have any sim in the save you wanted to be a spellcaster. I mean at least if you don’t play a vampire sim you can always go for a vampire hunter but I guess witch hunt is of limit...

Besides there aren’t much spellcaster can do while a vampire scientist can’t. Create a fire? Maybe, but who need that when as a vampire you can directly kill!

You can't kill anyone without mods going ludicrously out of your way or accidents
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can tell you’re hoping everyone chooses RoM just based on the disclaimers added in your OP.

Just cuz I said I'm asking for opinions on the lifestate and not you bought Realm for decorations I'm biased towards magic? I enjoy both Vampires and Casters but all my life I've enjoyed magic the most
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    For the most part, I'm a "Why not both?" person. I ended up coming down on the vampire side after considering Scoed's point of view though:
    scoed wrote: »
    I like them both. But Vamps win. In a vacuum and in all other sim games I prefer witches/casters but in sims 4 vamps are better. Casters in sims 4 make the game too easy. One of the first portions fill all needs and only require an apple to fill a sims needs. I got a max level caster with all spells and potions in two sim days without cheats. Casters have minimal or no downside to balance their power. They're too easy to master and play. They take all the challenge out of a game that lacked much challenge to begin with. This is not a good thing.

I am glad to have the choice and like both. Heck I like all the occult lifestates. But vamps in The Sims 4 are better balanced as they offer more replayability as they add challenges to overcome, take longer to max, and aren't all upside. I maxed 3 casters now with zero death, zero curses and even if they do happen familiars save you from death, and curses are easily removed. There is no game balance to sim 4 casters none. This is why I vote Vampires in this game, even if I prefer casters everywhere else.

This feels pretty "on the mark" to me. I think the vampires are actually better-balanced in terms of strengths and weaknesses and make for ultimately more interesting characters, if you're trying to tell a story. Overall though, I think they're both fun and I'm glad to have them both in my game.

On the lighter side:
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I mean vampires are great, I mean who doesn't love a Bloody Mary, but how can you compare that with a cauldron of macaroni and cheese.

Vampires can top that in two words: Bat Woohoo. ;)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Vampires Always Vin

You can't kill anyone without mods going ludicrously out of your way or accidents

Influence emotion rank 3 will kill without cheats or mods.

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I just enjoy how satisfied my vamp looks after a few sips of choice blood.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I have never "gotten" the whole vampire thing, so Spellcasters it is. Even in previous Sims games, vampires didn't appeal to me. In TS2 it was great because they didn't start "vamping" people unless you got involved and made them start. In TS3 they were pretty much part of Bridgeport, but I didn't play them. I was also happy when we were able to toggle occults off/on. That way, people who wanted to play them could, and those who didn't want to play them could still enjoy the worlds, the build/buy stuff, and even the CAS items. Options are a glorious thing.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Vampires Always Vin

At this point, nothing can defeat the vampire gameplay! But I love all the GPs <3 I am really enjoying RoM! My gameplay is bigger now and I can give magic to my old witches, fairies and even human ghosts!

Oh, btw my vampires are enjoying RoM too >:)

uyf36qV.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Maybe I shouldn't vote because I don't have ROM yet, but I adore vampires. Vampires to me seem more balanced and challenging than spellcasters and that's why they get my vote. I bet spellcasters are fun too.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    uhmm plant sims of course 🙄
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Always preferred the living over the undead. :)
    In previous iterations there were just 2 occults I consequently avoided, vampires and zombies.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm going with aliens
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I don’t know honestly. I don’t have RoM, but when I get it I’ll most likely come back to vote which one I like better.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2019
    1 witch's
    2 vampires

if they ever come to the sims 4
    3 werewolf
    4 fairy's
    5 zombies

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »
    This is a real close race for me. I love both, but since casters can fill up their needs with a potion that only takes an apple to make, they win this one.

Might be a ref to Apple a day keeps doctor away.

I was thinking along those lines as well. xD

Glad you can't become addicted to that potion and have like needs drain faster lol

Yes, it would be a shame if I had to chug them down frequently to stay in the green. xD They do come in handy when it's a couple of hours before work starts and everything is low.