Vampires or Casters?

WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
So which do you prefer? Out of two 'Occult exclusive' game packs which do you prefer? And by Prefer I mean actual gameplay!! Not I bought this for decorations and have a preference over one's BM then the other... No I'm legitimately asking which Lifestate you prefer. EDIT: Also not counting glitches RoM just came out and dlc or mmo updates always tend to be buggy first week

Vampires or Casters? 332 votes

Casters Put The Magic in Magical
53%
Akl500Pbshag4lvKamioGoldmoldarbrackencat31Syl0271Jaline33sunhair2008jeepjeepcatbandit5alexspoom13Nighteyesalan650111IceyJkippy300Cabelle1863storyybzrburns2aelias24rudolpha 179 votes
Vampires Always Vin
46%
LeGardePourprewindweaverKita5399IcewolfBlkBarbiegalWrenryAyradysslisamwittoveronCamkatHoneydewimhappySimpatsyannBloosmooStrangerthanshellbemeSageRainWillowphantom121294Anmirlamcorral 153 votes
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 1,754 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Vampires will always be my favorite occults, but I love witches and warlocks too.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    I like the quality of Vampires more. Even the Vampires' after-release bugs were not so buggy as the ROM's ones. But I still prefer spellcasters over vampires. It would be really difficult to create magic-users which I wouldn't like :)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Brinn wrote: »
    I like the quality of Vampires more. Even the Vampires' after-release bugs were not so buggy as the ROM's ones. But I still prefer spellcasters over vampires. It would be really difficult to create magic-users which I wouldn't like :)

    Despite the bugs and I've suffered a few myself I feel this pack is the biggest GP to date.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,998 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    I've always preferred witches to vampires.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Undeath always beats wand-as-gun.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Undeath always beats wand-as-gun.

    You are incredibly deragatory to magic to a somewhat fanatic degree...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Undeath always beats wand-as-gun.

    You are incredibly deragatory to magic to a somewhat fanatic degree...

    It ain't personal, homie. Just playing around.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,710 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Okay, I have never really liked vampires. At least, not the Romanticized, moody, angsty vampires that came to popularity post Lestat. So I'm a bit biased.

    I found Vampires in Sims 4 to have incredibly fun gameplay as a lifestate. Lack of eating and peeing is incredibly freeing.

    But Spellcasters have a potion for that. And they can do more cool stuff. And they've got the Magic Realm to visit.

    And I've always liked Mage over Vampire anyway.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Okay, I have never really liked vampires. At least, not the Romanticized, moody, angsty vampires that came to popularity post Lestat. So I'm a bit biased.

    I found Vampires in Sims 4 to have incredibly fun gameplay as a lifestate. Lack of eating and peeing is incredibly freeing.

    But Spellcasters have a potion for that. And they can do more cool stuff. And they've got the Magic Realm to visit.

    And I've always liked Mage over Vampire anyway.

    I enjoy Sims 4 vamps but I just can't really say there is much to do as one. Not to mention Casters get more funner to watch animations for the two interactions the species have in common
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Okay, I have never really liked vampires. At least, not the Romanticized, moody, angsty vampires that came to popularity post Lestat. So I'm a bit biased.

    I found Vampires in Sims 4 to have incredibly fun gameplay as a lifestate. Lack of eating and peeing is incredibly freeing.

    But Spellcasters have a potion for that. And they can do more cool stuff. And they've got the Magic Realm to visit.

    And I've always liked Mage over Vampire anyway.

    I enjoy Sims 4 vamps but I just can't really say there is much to do as one. Not to mention Casters get more funner to watch animations for the two interactions the species have in common

    Nah, we've got all the time in the world, literally. When you don't die, don't really need to sleep, or bathe, or worry about socialization, or emotions then you can do just about anything you want. You wand-slingers always talk about superiority, but you're still grounded in the flesh and its desires.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Nah, we've got all the time in the world, literally. When you don't die, don't really need to sleep, or bathe, or worry about socialization, or emotions then you can do just about anything you want. You wand-slingers always talk about superiority, but you're still grounded in the flesh and its desires.

    Least I don't need a max level perk to not risk instantly bursting into flames everyday.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,544 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Vampires of course! I love all things supernatural, but vampires will always be my favourite in gameplay and stories. There is just something that appeals to me about the horror and tragedy of the immortal vampire cursed with an unending thirst for 'plasma'. TS4 vampires are so versatile and fun to play. For me there is no contest.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 424 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I haven’t played enough with realm of magic to say yet so I’m going with vampires.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    See? The people know who is top. Vampires play the long game.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I haven’t played enough with realm of magic to say yet so I’m going with vampires.

    I find that baffling...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I haven’t played enough with realm of magic to say yet so I’m going with vampires.

    I find that baffling...

    Why? I haven't seen everything there is to magical powers yet either. The pack's only been out for a few days.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,680 Member
    Both. Why not both?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,819 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Well you said actual gameplay, but I'm just not that pulled into being a vampire sim to judge all the gameplay in the vampire pack because I never went very far into it. That's not the fault of the vamp pack but a preference. I just want to be a spellcaster and now it's here and it's so much fun to play I could just hug myself. I don't know which pack is better but I do know which pack is better for the way I want to play.
    Also now that I have witches I might have to backtrack and try out vamps more thoroughly than I have to produce mixed households.

    egTcBMc.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,620 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Both. Why not both?

    No. NO. You must choose. There can only be one.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,080 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Nah, we've got all the time in the world, literally. When you don't die, don't really need to sleep, or bathe, or worry about socialization, or emotions then you can do just about anything you want. You wand-slingers always talk about superiority, but you're still grounded in the flesh and its desires.

    Least I don't need a max level perk to not risk instantly bursting into flames everyday.

    It's not max level, it's the same level as hex immunity ;) Speaking of which... vampires don't risk killing themself simply by using their abilities.

    I love both, vampires win because, vampire. And they seem to be the only one of the two that can legitimately kill another sim without the use of mods.

    Origin ID: 3989
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,680 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Both. Why not both?

    No. NO. You must choose. There can only be one.

    Nope. I refuse. I love them both and I will die on this hill.

    :p
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well you said actual gameplay, but I'm just not that pulled into being a vampire sim to judge all the gameplay in the vampire pack because I never went very far into it. That's not the fault of the vamp pack but a preference. I just want to be a spellcaster and now it's here and it's so much fun to play I could just hug myself. I don't know which pack is better but I do know which pack is better for the way I want to play.
    Also now that I have witches I might have to backtrack and try out vamps more thoroughly than I have to produce mixed households.

    If you prefer one race over other as personal pref and not bought the other that's fine lol not like I can add a requirement to vote xD.

    Personally I've tried both but if I could only afford Vampires or Magic I'd buy magic as I've always enjoyed wizardry to vampires. Also as someone whose tried and own both I feel there is more to do as Casters then Vampires.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    Psh. Vampires, of course.

    Vlad will devour Morgyn When he leads his Kin to conquer the Realm.

    He's just been biding his sweet time, playing that organ, waiting for this day. Oh yes. Waiting...


    P.S. "Vampires always vin". Is this to be spoken out loud in a classic Vampire accent? Like, "Vampires vill alvays vin!" Like the way they speak in 'What We Do In The Shadows'?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    Oooooh... so tough. >.< I couldn't imagine my sims game without vampires, but casters are my preference. I adore both. Casters appear to be more supported than vampires, when it comes to actual game play, too, but that's also the nature of the life state. For me, vampirism seems more about the consumption of life energies and casters more about the manipulation of life energies... though you could argue that both consume and manipulate.

    I think I will play casters more, but vampires and aliens that look like elves will always be close on my caster's coattails. At the end of the day, go occult or go home. ;) LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top