Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods folder cleanup help needed

I have a lot of mods. A lot more then I ever thought I would actually.
It's possible for me to put them into their own folders, say by creator, without messing anything up, right?

For example right now I have most of them like this: Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 >Mods
but I want to know if it's okay to do something like this: Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 >Mods > TMex or KS or icemunmun

I want to add a few more mods, but I feel like I need to straighten the main mods folder also so I can see if there's anything that I need to remove or update quicker then I am now.

I'm thinking that I could, but I want to double check before I commit to it.

Also, if I can, do I just click and drag them over to the newly created folder or do I need to download fresh copies of the mods?
Thank you
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited September 2019
    That should be fine! Just don't put ts4.script files any deeper than that. Click and drag should be okay too.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Thank you @Bananas_45. I just moved everything to their own separate folders. I'll see how it works out the next time I play.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    You're welcome.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    If any of the script mods stop working after putting them in a folder, just move them back to the main mods folder. Even though you should be able to bury them one folder deep, some don't seem to like that.
    moxiegraphix on Origin