Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I remove this item that is stuck outside the lot?

I've tried resetting this thing. I made one of my sims place this abomination outside of her inventory, not knowing that it happened off the lot. I don't want this stuck in the flipping driveway. I tried resetting it, then I had my sims use the inferno it or whatever the spell is called (as you can see in the pic below). Even with the Become a Sorcerer mod, my sims can't destroy it. How do I get rid of it?

BPIapQ6.png
I'm so done with this site!

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh neat I recognize you from Twitch and nice to see you again. I remember this happening to me with ponds. I looked up the situation at answers EA and found this thread for you. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Objects-in-the-street-cannot-be-moved-or-deleted/td-p/3658211/page/3

Solution to it is using cheats and steps for it from the that thread.
    "1. CTRL + SHIFT + C

2. Enter "testingcheats on"

3. Hold down SHIFT while left-clicking on the item

4. Select "set as head" (make sure your active sim is on their lot while doing this)

5. Hold down SHIFT while left-clicking on your active sim (your item should show up as your sims head which is actually quite hilarious)

6. Select "reset object (debug)" and the object you want to get rid of should appear beside your sim so you can then go ahead and get rid of it"
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The cheat didn't work.
    Oh no, sorry about that. You could message @SimGuruNick about it here or on Twitter. Sorry about your bug, that is a shame.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I’ve had something similar in Windenburg on the island, there’s a pile of ash just outside my lot from somewhere? But I cannot clean it or pick it up or anything, I’m guessing no bins on the island or something? Anyways super annoying lol
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I found an open issue on the help forum here. If nothing listed there helps, at least you can click "Me Too."
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Since you don't seem to be against using mods, google TwistedMexi. He has a site and a Patreon page. He has a destroy object cheat fix. You will also have to install his all cheats mod as well to use it. He also has a mod called T.O.O.L. which might work, too. I don't use mods in my game so can't give first hand info of how they work. If I did use mods, though, I wouldn't hesitate to use one of his.

May be a silly question but did you try saving and exiting the game, then restarting? Sometimes that will take care of odd things such as this. Not always but worth a try.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @DeafSimmer , LOL, I read Patreon links I come across but that's the extent of my interaction there. He must allow non-Patreon users to download. I'm not a user but I had the All Cheats mod page open in another tab, so clicked on the download link and it offered to save the file to my computer.

It is my understanding that he's really good about updating mods quickly, if it is needed. I haven't checked the modding section on the forums yet to see what mods and/or cc have been reported as broken by RoM, and/or updated for it, though. You might want to check that section out. It should be in the General Mods Discussion. I'd link you to it but I'm really unsure what linking is allowed by the forum where mods are concerned. Apologies.