Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Become a Spellcaster?

Hoping one of you kind people will have an answer to my little problem.

So I want my sim to become a spell caster, I had her introduce herself to the 3 sages, building a friendship with all 3 of them, and then asked one of them about magic and I was then given the task to collect the 7 motes.

Here lies the problem, whenever I gather all of the motes and select the 'Turn In Motes' option, nothing happens. The sage will take them, but nothing pops up, nor does anything change.

Any ideas? Or am I being really silly and missing something? Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
I have a Sim Themed YouTube Channel: Take a look! https://youtube.com/channel/UCSLz5W7RU78SStcrnSkLbsg

14889982_1110333189061927_1949143727830044558_o.jpg

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    @PlayerRac2, once you give a sage them motes you then have to click on the sage and choose the option to "ask about magic" (I think). Anyway, click on the sage & there should be an option for making ypu a spellcaster.
  • PlayerRac2PlayerRac2 Posts: 479 Member
    @Starfree thanks for responding! I logged on to try and see this option you mentioned, but for whatever reason, after handing them over this time, they automatically converted my sim. So....yay? Thank you :)
    I have a Sim Themed YouTube Channel: Take a look! https://youtube.com/channel/UCSLz5W7RU78SStcrnSkLbsg

14889982_1110333189061927_1949143727830044558_o.jpg
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @PlayerRac2, once you give a sage them motes you then have to click on the sage and choose the option to "ask about magic" (I think). Anyway, click on the sage & there should be an option for making ypu a spellcaster.

In the livestream, the sim was turned automatically once the handed them in. Asking about magic is what they did to trigger the motes objective.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited September 2019
    Go to the magic pie menu (it's like friendly and romance so it's not a submenu) and from there ask them to cast the rite of accession/ascension (?). I had to figure this out as my spellcaster has a magic bloodline trait (I cheated it on her for my story) which seemed to allow them to skip the mote finding part completely. How I got them to be turned was by asking for them to cast the rite.
  • Megan12345678910Megan12345678910 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't have the option to ask for magic. I got all the way to the top, learned every spell/potion. I had all the motes, checked under magic, there was no ask about magic option. I deleted my charcter and started over. what am I doing wrong? I am frustrated.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    There a few excellent videos on YouTube that might help.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't have the option to ask for magic. I got all the way to the top, learned every spell/potion. I had all the motes, checked under magic, there was no ask about magic option. I deleted my charcter and started over. what am I doing wrong? I am frustrated.

Is your sim some kind of a supernatural lifestate? The option is off then. Otherwise, it's a bug, you can try all the things that we usually do, like restarting your game and deleting cache files.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Once my sim hands the motes to the guy they are instantly turned into spellcasters! I like creating them in CAS over gathering motes but I somtimes forget.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    I'm having this issue. I collect the motes and turn them into a sage and they disappear, but nothing happens. I've made a Sim a spellcaster before and they usually become one right after turning in the motes, but this one sim will not. I've tried numerous times and have saved and exited and tried again. I'm currently trying to use the repair option on the game. It is not an option to start fresh because this Sim is part of the 100 baby challenge I am doing. Please help.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Is it a normal sim or an occult one?