March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to think it's not gonna get better.

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,966 Member
    The point is that the game started off sloppy, is still sloppy after 5 years, and shows no signs of getting any better. This version is a Mack Sennett farce compared to TS2 at the same point in time of game life. Instead of craftsmanship and pride in a job well done we are getting quick & dirty, close enough.
  • Actually other than a vocal minority who are displeased, I am very certain that the majority of people who actually play this game do see it getting better each year. This whole idea that sims 4 is failing or most players aren't happy with the way the game is , is manufactured and theres no real evidence of that anywhere :)
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,966 Member
    Depends on your frame of reference. I've been playing since day 1 of TS1, so have 19 years of simming experience across all versions. That gives a perspective that those who know only TS4 don't, and can't, have. The same is true of the others of the Old Guard, we know what the series was, is, can be. Comparisons are inevitable as that is the nature of humans, and so are the expressions of opinion.
  • Depends on your frame of reference. I've been playing since day 1 of TS1, so have 19 years of simming experience across all versions. That gives a perspective that those who know only TS4 don't, and can't, have. The same is true of the others of the Old Guard, we know what the series was, is, can be. Comparisons are inevitable as that is the nature of humans, and so are the expressions of opinion.

Yeah and Ive been playing since the year TS1 came out and ive played all 4. Not new to the sims.....

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Actually other than a vocal minority who are displeased, I am very certain that the majority of people who actually play this game do see it getting better each year. This whole idea that sims 4 is failing or most players aren't happy with the way the game is , is manufactured and theres no real evidence of that anywhere :)
    I don't know, there are a lot of Game Changers and others speaking out lately too about bugs and lack of features especially with Sims 4 being in its fifth year now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Scobre wrote: »
    Actually other than a vocal minority who are displeased, I am very certain that the majority of people who actually play this game do see it getting better each year. This whole idea that sims 4 is failing or most players aren't happy with the way the game is , is manufactured and theres no real evidence of that anywhere :)
    I don't know, there are a lot of Game Changers and others speaking out lately too about bugs and lack of features especially with Sims 4 being in its fifth year now.

Bugs have always been a part of the game. I don't have many in my own game. As for game changers, most of the game changers play the sims 4 , rather than sims 3 which is totally optional and seem to be enjoying it for the most part from what I can tell. Im not against game changers having criticisms , it doesnt mean they dislike the game as a whole. And maybe they do want it to improve. Each sims game could have improved in one area or another, thats not unique to The Sims 4.

edited September 2019

Bugs have always been a part of the game. I don't have many in my own game. As for game changers, most of the game changers play the sims 4 , rather than sims 3 which is totally optional and seem to be enjoying it for the most part from what I can tell. Im not against game changers having criticisms , it doesnt mean they dislike the game as a whole. And maybe they do want it to improve. Each sims game could have improved in one area or another, thats not unique to The Sims 4.
    I guess that is different game changers than I know. Many of the ones I talk to have been playing since Sims 3 or Sims 1 or Sims 2. Then again they play other games besides the Sims too, so probably have a broader understanding of gaming as a whole too which helps. I like that game changers are actually trying to change the game now. Like James managed to get the ball pit changed, Zylria was working on getting the Off-the-grid improved, and Rory is always asking people's opinions on packs and what they would like to see in the future. But yes did see bugs in some of their streams too, so there is recorded examples of it. I stream too, so I can easily show many of the bugs I experience too and I send them to the QA Gurus that are very helpful. I do agree about improving on things. My biggest fear is that the Sims 4 will follow the Sims 3 footsteps of people saying everything is fine when they are not and then when development is done, Simmers will beg for it being too late to fix things and honestly Gurus will have moved onto the Sims 5 at that point. Like sorry too late now, where where you guys when the Sims 4 came out? You know? It is one thing to lurk, but it is another thing about not caring about the game growing in any way and remaining the same because honestly at that point, there is no reason for Gurus to release packs anymore with no demand for their game. Sims 4 is the only iteration where I have seen Simmers not want the game to appeal to anyone else besides themselves. It is weird but I guess it reflects society now with lack of community in the world. Almost as if besides the Game Changer program, there isn't a Sims community anymore. Like it has become a ghost of the community it once was. At least some of the Game Changers are making an effort to make a better product for the community as a whole. I respect that a lot. Didn't get any of that care during the Sims 3 days of the influencer program which was nothing more than a glorified party program.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

I guess that is different game changers than I know. Many of the ones I talk to have been playing since Sims 3 or Sims 1 or Sims 2. Then again they play other games besides the Sims too, so probably have a broader understanding of gaming as a whole too which helps. I like that game changers are actually trying to change the game now. Like James managed to get the ball pit changed, Zylria was working on getting the Off-the-grid improved, and Rory is always asking people's opinions on packs and what they would like to see in the future. But yes did see bugs in some of their streams too, so there is recorded examples of it. I stream too, so I can easily show many of the bugs I experience too and I send them to the QA Gurus that are very helpful. I do agree about improving on things. My biggest fear is that the Sims 4 will follow the Sims 3 footsteps of people saying everything is fine when they are not and then when development is done, Simmers will beg for it being too late to fix things and honestly Gurus will have moved onto the Sims 5 at that point. Like sorry too late now, where where you guys when the Sims 4 came out? You know? It is one thing to lurk, but it is another thing about not caring about the game growing in any way and remaining the same because honestly at that point, there is no reason for Gurus to release packs anymore with no demand for their game. Sims 4 is the only iteration where I have seen Simmers not want the game to appeal to anyone else besides themselves. It is weird but I guess it reflects society now with lack of community in the world. Almost as if besides the Game Changer program, there isn't a Sims community anymore. Like it has become a ghost of the community it once was. At least some of the Game Changers are making an effort to make a better product for the community as a whole. I respect that a lot. Didn't get any of that care during the Sims 3 days of the influencer program which was nothing more than a glorified party program.

Hmm? More people are playing sims now than before. As for communities, depends on your definition of one? Theres facebook groups for the sims that have many people in them. I consider that a form of a community @Scobre

edited September 2019

Hmm? More people are playing sims now than before. As for communities, depends on your definition of one? Theres facebook groups for the sims that have many people in them. I consider that a form of a community @Scobre
    True their sales are good. That's good. Yeah I am apart of the BobSquad one that Steve built. Just feels so divided I guess especially on Twitter and when I attend the Sims streams and the fan sites so much so, it gets into xenophobia area watching different groups of Simmers attacked on a personal level. Somewhat on forums, but it is a lot better now than I've seen when I first joined them. It was bad back in 2014.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2019
    Scobre wrote: »

No offense...but you sound like older players (the sims 1, 2, and 3.) ' opinions doesn't matter????

No offense...but you sound like older players (the sims 1, 2, and 3.) ' opinions doesn't matter????

No offense but you clearly havent been keeping up. I AM an older player . Scroll up and read my other comment. Ive played all these sims games for years.

Scobre wrote: »

No offense but you clearly havent been keeping up. I AM an older player . Scroll up and read my other comment. Ive played all these sims games for years.

Well sorry for that, but it sounded like our opinions don't matter.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Anyone else not really care about how difficult the game is? A lot of people are poking at the lack of difficulty in this iteration, but I actually prefer it. I play The Sims for fun and as an outlet for my creativity, I already have difficulty making my Sims, crafting a story for them, and building houses that I imagine in my head, I don't need too much gameplay difficulty to top it off haha, and sometimes I prefer how easy the gameplay is, as it allows me to enjoy the game more and take more control.
    I'm amazed and disappointed at the amount of people willing to brush such laziness aside, and then everyone wonders why this team cut so many corners and leave so much out.

Me too...it is beyond ridiculous imo...I don't understand why they blinded defend this game through everything.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If this type of simulation game was easy everybody would be making one. Seeing Maxis's problems with it probably makes others shudder and say We're not doing one!" Being lazy I expect game-changers to find out all the faults, so appreciate them but just wish EA/Maxis gives them more time to find them out and notifying back before making videos with all the OMGs and screaming that goes on.

There have always been problems with all of the games and the complexity of a 3D type as compared to 1 and 2 must be difficult to program. I'm surprised there are so few. (unpopular opinion)!

I expect Sims 4 will survive. I hope it does as I couldn't go back to 3, maybe 2 though. I'm enjoying ROM and taking it slow. Apparently it's coming out of CAS etc., too fast is one of the problems and I haven't come across that yet. Frequent Saving is my advice! :)

Someone is, it's called Paralives.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    LilSimsie doesn't like occult content. She has made this very clear in the past. As much as I like her and her channel, I don't think I'd trust her to review an occult pack and not be biased against it.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If this type of simulation game was easy everybody would be making one. Seeing Maxis's problems with it probably makes others shudder and say We're not doing one!" Being lazy I expect game-changers to find out all the faults, so appreciate them but just wish EA/Maxis gives them more time to find them out and notifying back before making videos with all the OMGs and screaming that goes on.

There have always been problems with all of the games and the complexity of a 3D type as compared to 1 and 2 must be difficult to program. I'm surprised there are so few. (unpopular opinion)!

I expect Sims 4 will survive. I hope it does as I couldn't go back to 3, maybe 2 though. I'm enjoying ROM and taking it slow. Apparently it's coming out of CAS etc., too fast is one of the problems and I haven't come across that yet. Frequent Saving is my advice! :)

Someone is, it's called Paralives.

That's got a long, long way to go before it is ready and it still hasn't got round to what the inhabitants will look like or be able to do. I wish it well though as it might goad Maxis to try harder. Don't put too much stress and expectations on the person who is designing it. That doesn't help him a bit.

I'll go on playing and enjoying Sims 4 in the meantime. There's an Ideas section for those who want Maxis to change or add things.

• LilSimsie doesn't like occult content. She has made this very clear in the past. As much as I like her and her channel, I don't think I'd trust her to review an occult pack and not be biased against it.

me either.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    LilSimsie doesn't like occult content. She has made this very clear in the past. As much as I like her and her channel, I don't think I'd trust her to review an occult pack and not be biased against it.

So you need to like it to review it? Doesn't that make the person also biased?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    I absolutely adore how they refer to the poor quality patched counter for IL as a "silly gaffe", yes it's really silly, to pay premium price for something that is full of "silly gaffes". They can't even own it, and call it a legitimate mistake. And I bet that if it weren't for youtubers pointing it out they wouldn't have released a hotfix patch.

This is the reason I refuse to buy crap packs for this poor quality silly game anymore.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

So you need to like it to review it? Doesn't that make the person also biased?

Nope. There's a whole world between hating something and loving something.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I absolutely adore how they refer to the poor quality patched counter for IL as a "silly gaffe", yes it's really silly, to pay premium price for something that is full of "silly gaffes". They can't even own it, and call it a legitimate mistake. And I bet that if it weren't for youtubers pointing it out they wouldn't have released a hotfix patch.

This is the reason I refuse to buy plum packs for this poor quality silly game anymore.

Agreed.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I just wish they'd listen to us TOO! Seems like you need to be a face in the simming community to get simgurus to listen to your complaints. Just think about the more important things that interrupt game play that could have had a fix rushed out, but instead a very slightly color difference in counter tops sent james turner over the edge and lo and behold a few days later... patch to fix them :|
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The part that bothers me the most is, to use poker parlance, I’m pot-committed at this point. I’ve sunk enough money into this thing since 2014 that I can’t bring myself to walk away now even though I haven’t played in months.