October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

I'm starting to think it's not gonna get better.

Comments

  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You should post Carl's video review, too. He's pretty bummed with this pack (gameplay) and if anyone cares to watch all of his review it becomes crystal clear what some of us see as the problem with it, and why we are skipping yet again, another pack. :/ It turned out exactly like I thought it would, and I don't always enjoy being right.

    I will, what is his video called? He has several on ROM?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,679 Member
    edited September 2019
    Is it this one @cinebar?



    I think he makes good points. It does make everything far too easy. And it’s not like the game is difficult to begin with. I’m not saying I want the Sims to become Dark Souls style of hard but I don’t think it needs tools to make it even easier. I guess I should have known it was going to be this way when during the stream Romeo said and I’m going to paraphrase that he loves that magic makes things easier.

    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,525 Member
    Yeaaahh....I am mostly convinced that nothing isn't gonna get better....so, still waiting for LGR's video to make my decision...but wanted to share.




    EDIT : Here's two different other reviews that address the game issues ... something isn't right...


    Starting? After seeing some of this, I don't know. It's like they don't care.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »
    Actually some of the people who incessantly complain about sims 4 don't play the other games. All the while, insisting that they are the better games. So it's silly to act like all who complain do @Trashmagic

    I'm 100% sure it's opposite actually.

    But even if you didn't you can't be oblivious at the fact that as of late they keep on recycling content from past packs and BG..... which is really off putting.

    I know its off-putting to some people, but many of the recycles are because simmers have asked for them. I'd love to see some new and never done before things, but the truth is, many simmers want vampires, witches, aliens, seasons, University etc. My intention isn't to upset anyone, its just that I've seen on these forums a lot of people ask for those things from previous games.

    That said, I don't think the fact that many simmers want those things excuses the problems with the game at all. Personally, I both love and am frustrated to no-end with this version.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,237 Member
    edited September 2019
    *yawn*

    Why should I care about lilsimsie since I'm not a builder?

    @PlayerSinger2010 thats exactly why you should care, cuz you're going to be stuck with EAxis broken houses beside other problems.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    It'$ only been 5 year$ or more $ince the $im$ 4 came out, give them $ome time to finally make the game good with lot$ of additional, paid-for content$. Give them some more chance$, I'm $ure they'll come through.

    @Bagoas77 five years and maybe we'll finally have the first DLC's fixed. You guys are going to have to wait 5 years to see RoM fixed (if they fix it).

    @Chazzzy It takes a very innocent person [Removed, let's leave it out with the insults please ~Rtas] to think that the game problems end up in a missing door and non-matching counters. Even animations have been recycled.
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I just think it’s easy for us to judge the devs, but since I have been studying computer science, I have discovered how hard it is to make a small program, you write a line of code and bam, a bug appears out of nowhere, now imagine developing a game that complex, of course they will miss something, that’s why we have patches, so if they are willing to fix stuff, I’m totally fine... I’m not a builder and I value more the gameplay aspect of the game and I think they did a good job with the witches. What I saw from a lot of YouTubers is that they don’t play with occults so of course they will find the pack boring

    @ceinwynie In Sims 2/3 we would only get bug fixes/updates when a new pack came out. Thus, the devs would be more careful not to release a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 game, but since its 2019 and they can rely on patches and updates they don't care about anything besides deadlines. Yes, making a game is hard, but as @simgurugrant bragged once, Sims 4 team is bigger then the teams that worked on SIms 1/2/3. Why this is the most empty and broken out of the 4 is a mystery to me... I mean, my$tery.
    Probably the basic parts of this game is broken and hard do deal with. Its all the Olympus Project fault. The coding must be really picky for them to suffer so much to add anything, making them take more time than ever on production and thus packing DLC's that seem more empty/half-backed than in Sims 2/3.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    *yawn*

    Why should I care about lilsimsie since I'm not a builder?

    @PlayerSinger2010 thats exactly why you should care, cuz you're going to be stuck with EAxis broken houses beside other problems.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    It'$ only been 5 year$ or more $ince the $im$ 4 came out, give them $ome time to finally make the game good with lot$ of additional, paid-for content$. Give them some more chance$, I'm $ure they'll come through.

    @Bagoas77 five years and maybe we'll finally have the first DLC's fixed. You guys are going to have to wait 5 years to see RoM fixed (if they fix it).

    @Chazzzy It takes a very innocent person (not to say dumb) to think that the game problems end up in a missing door and non-matching counters. Even animations have been recycled.

    Oh no, they forgot to put a door on a house. What a tragedy. It's not like houses I download off the gallery are missing doors, walls, are completely broken because of MOO...
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,237 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I just think it’s easy for us to judge the devs, but since I have been studying computer science, I have discovered how hard it is to make a small program, you write a line of code and bam, a bug appears out of nowhere, now imagine developing a game that complex, of course they will miss something, that’s why we have patches, so if they are willing to fix stuff, I’m totally fine... I’m not a builder and I value more the gameplay aspect of the game and I think they did a good job with the witches. What I saw from a lot of YouTubers is that they don’t play with occults so of course they will find the pack boring

    I think it's not entirely unfair for us to judge the devs. Programming has been hard since the day it was invented, that's why there are good and bad programmers, there's always going to be bugs, you are good when you can fix them. The compiling program also helps with the bugs no? But they have (supposedly) a full team of programmers working for them looking at the code, it's not just one person. Maxis was the one who decided (or EA really) that this game was profitable enough for it to be supported by longer than 5 years, if they can't handle the bugs that's on them and their decision.

    @Sigzy05 That's what makes me angry, the games engine is obviously to be blame for all the problems we have been seeing for 5 years, and instead of releasing a better game on a better engine, easier to produce and code, they keep trying to build a sandcastle. I know that they are trying, but they aren't trying enough. Why they don't just quit?! Add university, which is probably the only major thing we love that is lacking on this iteration, then end this suffering. Give us something to love and be happy about.

    @Simmify when the so called "influencers" don't complain, you guys keep saying that they have been bought by EA. When they complain, you say that they are being picky. Come one, i love RoM, but we'll probably be complaining about bugs and glitches for years like we have been complaining about Vampires GP.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Is it this one @cinebar?



    I think he makes good points. It does make everything far too easy. And it’s not like the game is difficult to begin with. I’m not saying I want the Sims to become Dark Souls style of hard but I don’t think it needs tools to make it even easier. I guess I should have known it was going to be this way when during the stream Romeo saison and I’m going to paraphrase that he loves that magic makes things easier.
    Updated
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Oh no, they forgot to put a door on a house. What a tragedy. It's not like houses I download off the gallery are missing doors, walls, are completely broken because of MOO...

    Once again, game you pay for, made by professionals ≠ what regular people make for fun and share for free.

    True, it's NOT like this is a indie game company this is a million dollar company!!...-whispers- that is said to be the worse company ever.
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    I have played RoM for about a day, and have explored all of its added content and I'll say this. I could enjoy it for weeks on end if we still had fears and dislikes. If those two things could be implemented into the BG, a ton of the packs I find lacking would shift in a positive direction. Cast a spell on a person who fears magic? Heck yes. Cast a spell on a person who likes computers and ... ?
  • Cinebar wrote: »
    You should post Carl's video review, too. He's pretty bummed with this pack (gameplay) and if anyone cares to watch all of his review it becomes crystal clear what some of us see as the problem with it, and why we are skipping yet again, another pack. :/ It turned out exactly like I thought it would, and I don't always enjoy being right.

    His opinion isn't the end all be all , though. Tons of players are enjoying it :)@Cinebar
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,948 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »
    Actually some of the people who incessantly complain about sims 4 don't play the other games. All the while, insisting that they are the better games. So it's silly to act like all who complain do @Trashmagic

    I'm 100% sure it's opposite actually.

    But even if you didn't you can't be oblivious at the fact that as of late they keep on recycling content from past packs and BG..... which is really off putting.

    I know its off-putting to some people, but many of the recycles are because simmers have asked for them. I'd love to see some new and never done before things, but the truth is, many simmers want vampires, witches, aliens, seasons, University etc. My intention isn't to upset anyone, its just that I've seen on these forums a lot of people ask for those things from previous games.

    That said, I don't think the fact that many simmers want those things excuses the problems with the game at all. Personally, I both love and am frustrated to no-end with this version.

    You literally missed the bullseye.

    I'm not talking about the themes of the packs. I'm talking about TS4 only and how they keep recycling features from older packs into new packs.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,556 Member
    This game is the same core game as it was at release. Just with more stuff. If you didnt like it then, you wont like it now, and thats fine. Wait until 5 or play the other games, which is what I do. Sims 2 is still my favorite, I play it the most, but when I do miss some aspects of TS4 I play it. You can add more packs or expansions or whatever - but it's still TS4.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. #FixThePersonalities

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Please bring it back.Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,679 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »
    Actually some of the people who incessantly complain about sims 4 don't play the other games. All the while, insisting that they are the better games. So it's silly to act like all who complain do @Trashmagic

    I'm 100% sure it's opposite actually.

    But even if you didn't you can't be oblivious at the fact that as of late they keep on recycling content from past packs and BG..... which is really off putting.

    I know its off-putting to some people, but many of the recycles are because simmers have asked for them. I'd love to see some new and never done before things, but the truth is, many simmers want vampires, witches, aliens, seasons, University etc. My intention isn't to upset anyone, its just that I've seen on these forums a lot of people ask for those things from previous games.

    That said, I don't think the fact that many simmers want those things excuses the problems with the game at all. Personally, I both love and am frustrated to no-end with this version.

    You literally missed the bullseye.

    I'm not talking about the themes of the packs. I'm talking about TS4 only and how they keep recycling features from older packs into new packs.

    Exactly! They aren’t even trying to be subtle now.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,959 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    It'$ only been 5 year$ or more $ince the $im$ 4 came out, give them $ome time to finally make the game good with lot$ of additional, paid-for content$. Give them some more chance$, I'm $ure they'll come through.

    Haha cracking up seeing what you done here. :D:D
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 1,926 Member
    If you are waiting for LGR's review, I can save you the time. He hates it. He always hates it.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 1,926 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »
    How about all the hundreds of new good-looking items that we've gotten, much for free, in the past year

    Hundreds of new items for free? What were these and when did we get them? I know they released a few items in a patch here and there, but I can't recall them releasing hundreds of new free objects for the game.

    I'm not sure about hundreds. But there were a ton released recently. They opened up all (or most?) of the dev items that used to only be background things. Now we can use them. They make great scenes but are not interactible.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Hasn't LGR made a video on about The Sims 4 and how EA was 'milking' the game for money years ago, I still believe that opinion he made still stands to this day!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,679 Member
    If you are waiting for LGR's review, I can save you the time. He hates it. He always hates it.

    Actually he’s been pretty positive (for him) since Cats and dogs.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,573 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've been playing with ROM this evening and haven't encountered the bugs yet but I haven't been trying to go to the magic world so far. I had no problems coming out of CAS and like the new costumes so much my Sim has about 4 changes of each type.

    I play for relaxation and not gameplay particularly. . I've made a club though , made a house with those new Maxis rooms (its the easiest way) and visited the bar in Glimmerbrook with my clubmates, bought drinks and food for them and played chess. One of the sages was there but so was a "Star" from GF and her fan club and paparazzi which was a bit annoying as they got in the way of my speaking to her. Then home and bed. The only problem I have now is to find the way to the island with the portal from my house. I keep getting lost.

    I haven't bothered with any gameplays. I saw the Guru's stream on Twitch and now like to find out things for myself. Game-changers test the game to the Max so are bound to find all the faults. I'm so inured to faults since Sims 3 I just do what works for me! :)

    I love the new windows, doors and new objects so might build a new Newcrest town whilst those game faults are being sorted.
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,421 Member
    I am honestly surprised that anyone would listen to what a youtuber says about a game. Why not just play and make your own opinion?
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

    lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top