September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

Why no new lot traits for realm of magic?

Would have liked to see some new lot traits for witches and wizards or even some new household traits.
For vampires we have 3 lot traits based on just vampires but none for witches or magic related.

I think a lot trait for more witches to appear kinda like vampire nexus one would have been nice to have. Or even some magic related household traits

Comments

• NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 290 Member
    I know right I would want that too. I don't know why they didn't put it. :(
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 439 Member
    I would have loved a magic lot trait for making it easier for spells to work.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I would have thought lot traits for Magic community lots to be a no brainer.
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 79 Member
    I guess they didn't put any in cause magic is so easy. So it wouldn't make much of a difference.
    Casual player :)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 776 Member
    I was hoping for a lot trait like the one in vampires that made vampire babies more likely to born. The same for witches!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 34 Member
    *sigh*

It just feels like there isnt that much depth to the packs anymore. Its all about being visually stunning but at the expense of depth and game play. It's so inconsistent too- we get some lot traits for island living, but mermaids (a lifestate) get no kind of recognition or animation when you become one. realm of magic has no lot traits but suddenly all those missing animations and recognition of life state change are back.

No lot traits, no CAS traits, so easy to become a spellcaster, no challenge to anything and the rewards are just rehashes of existing abilities available in game and other packs. Nothing new that makes being a spell caster individual and unique but at the same time becoming a spellcaster makes it entirely pointless doing anything else in game to earn abilities or skills when you can just become a spellcaster and quickly gain all those quirks with complete ease. Especially with the potion for needs being so simple and easy to craft the moment you start.

Its all just so superficial and not fleshed out, and not having any magic related lot traits only adds to that.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 290 Member
    I would like a lot trait for the babies aswell and for making houses only for wizards.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 561 Member
    edited September 22
    I took it for granted that new lot traits would be included because it just seems like the logical thing to expect! Disappointed they chose not to include any. We could have had traits like 'witch hangout' or 'on a magical ley line' at the very least.
    eJRCXJ8.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,314 Member
    I'm not even surprised...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 1,838 Member
    edited September 22
    Looks like they dont have a list that is up to date on things they should add in when there is a new pack. Like upgrade the clubsystem, holiday calendar, lot traits, do not forget toddlers! I have seen many of these mistakes before. Its just... *Sigh*