Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Share your magical screenshots!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Father Winter had a magic duel with another sim.

Hahaha that's hilarious :D
    All in all, I'd say Glimmerbrook looks a LOT better now than it did at first :sweat_smile: So glad the Gallery exists, and I didn't have to do all of this by myself <3

The Old
    OmkCZaJ.png

The New
    2GWSXlz.png
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited September 2019

Does anyone know if Sims can enter the Victorian greenhouse in HQs gardens, or is it just for decoration purposes.
    wrenstales wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sims can enter the Victorian greenhouse in HQs gardens, or is it just for decoration purposes.

Just deco unfortunately :/
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @RealTeacherPlays I love the Father Winter duel! LOL Simply marvelous!!! Your little raccoon familiar is adorable, too.
    @SimTrippy I like your new Glimmerbrook! I have yet to revamp mine, I just now started revamping the npcs. >.< It took me all evening and there are still so many more to do. I haven't touched buildings yet, but your world map looks so nice, it's mighty tempting!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    @RealTeacherPlays I love the Father Winter duel! LOL Simply marvelous!!! Your little raccoon familiar is adorable, too.
    @SimTrippy I like your new Glimmerbrook! I have yet to revamp mine, I just now started revamping the npcs. >.< It took me all evening and there are still so many more to do. I haven't touched buildings yet, but your world map looks so nice, it's mighty tempting!

I admit I deleted the Charm family and I'll probably delete the other guy too xD I do kinda like the girl in the yellow dress though, might be time to revive my favorite sim Chris in this save, let him become a spellcaster instead of a vampire this time, and embark on his third successful marriage.

Really looking forward to seeing other people's Glimmerbrook revamps though. It's such a cool world to customize because you can go with almost any style you want. Whether a map full of small cottages, large mansions, modern villas. I think people will do some super cool things with this - also please share yours when you're done cause, again, I always love the style of your sims and builds. ☺️
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Magical Spellcaster Proposal! At the Realm's gardens of course! Leif wouldn't have had the courage to ask Morgana without his trusty Batty Bat familiar!

IwAAQZq.png
    FcBD8BK.png
    ZJeodih.png
    xQzYaYS.png

Also I cant get over how pretty the tome reading animations are once you reach the higher levels!
    qbup0Ug.png
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I have a save that is only for building and testing. Try that and see if your HQ build works there. If it needs tweaking, you can fix it there without damaging the save(s) you play.

Yes, I was actually thinking this too when I went for a walk earlier (aww fresh air, a thing RoM has kept me from a little :sweat_smile:). Thanks for the tip, I'll post here if it did any harm, just in case anyone else is wondering!

Good. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm thinking about giving the HQ a little redo, not much but a few things here and there. Good luck.

@Dannydanbo Okay so, I put my redone HQ in another save I'm not planning on doing anything with anyway, and it works as intended. At first, when you place it, the building will be completely empty. Then, the Sages will appear like a couple of band members walking on-stage :joy:

bidbabO.png

Then all the other usual suspects will also reappear (girl in the yellow dress, etc.). So it seems like you can this without any worries. I'm sure if you keep the original set-up, they'll also each take their place again (I haven't moved what I think are their main cauldrons).

Also, for those that were interested, I've made a little "quiet" space upstairs where Spellcasters can meditate on one side of the building, or play chess & make some music on the other ^^ Not sure yet if I'll keep it like that, but for now it's alright. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the basement bar though :D

vXRV7XL.png
    57l8t2Z.png
    sbFhjCj.png

Will you please upload it to the gallery? I have been trying to find one, and was not sure I had the patience to remake it just yet, Ive been doing so many remodels on the homes and am ready to really play. If you do upload it please tell us how to find it! Its beautiful
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Dude, I want a dueling Santa. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    My spellcaster Darwin rocking out on the rush of practicing magic:

vnsHAEC.png
    edited September 2019
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I have a save that is only for building and testing. Try that and see if your HQ build works there. If it needs tweaking, you can fix it there without damaging the save(s) you play.

Yes, I was actually thinking this too when I went for a walk earlier (aww fresh air, a thing RoM has kept me from a little :sweat_smile:). Thanks for the tip, I'll post here if it did any harm, just in case anyone else is wondering!

Good. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm thinking about giving the HQ a little redo, not much but a few things here and there. Good luck.

@Dannydanbo Okay so, I put my redone HQ in another save I'm not planning on doing anything with anyway, and it works as intended. At first, when you place it, the building will be completely empty. Then, the Sages will appear like a couple of band members walking on-stage :joy:

bidbabO.png

Then all the other usual suspects will also reappear (girl in the yellow dress, etc.). So it seems like you can this without any worries. I'm sure if you keep the original set-up, they'll also each take their place again (I haven't moved what I think are their main cauldrons).

Also, for those that were interested, I've made a little "quiet" space upstairs where Spellcasters can meditate on one side of the building, or play chess & make some music on the other ^^ Not sure yet if I'll keep it like that, but for now it's alright. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the basement bar though :D

vXRV7XL.png
    57l8t2Z.png
    sbFhjCj.png

Will you please upload it to the gallery? I have been trying to find one, and was not sure I had the patience to remake it just yet, Ive been doing so many remodels on the homes and am ready to really play. If you do upload it please tell us how to find it! Its beautiful

@smurfy77 Yes, it's on the gallery! You can download it here :) and thank you for the compliment 🥰
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

bidbabO.png

vXRV7XL.png
    57l8t2Z.png
    sbFhjCj.png

@smurfy77 Yes, it's on the gallery! You can download it here :) and thank you for the compliment 🥰

Just grabbed it! Thank you so very much!!!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Remember when someone made a thread accusing RoM of being Satanic?

Bzqt5c7.png

Maybe they were right all along.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Sorcha's face, the first time seeing the bland HQ...

[img][/img]xeXse12.png

Much happier with the editing and cluttering of the space...! I hate how empty and boring the builds are in this pack.. thank goodness there is the ability to edit all the things @.@;

[img][/img]DjH8OEk.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Mostly been building, replacing some buildings and updating some sims before deciding on what sim to play with for this pack and ended up making one from scratch. His name is Dior. I really like how he turned out. :)
    Ip93dCB.png
    He learned practical magic from Siemon and is in the midst of learning potion making.
    elYOQFH.png
    cgB5NwP.png

Got to get some hands on teaching from Aine. Though looks like he was just showing off for the most part.
    bK5LUVG.png
    IBjKnI4.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    [img][/img]uBBd0OS.png
    [img][/img]EGxU2OG.jpg
    foSP5R8.png
    [img][/img]MNjoNy6.png
    [img][/img]xzEguJ5.png
    [img][/img]Gy1RK65.png

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    My chaotic/mischief-leaning teenage spellcaster won her first duel. You're doing great, sweetie!!

l5Auewn.png
    edited September 2019
    @smurfy77 you're welcome!!
    @MochiMomma it helps a lot doesn't it :joy: your sim is very pretty btw! And her familiar fits her very well :D
    @Dannydanbo beautiful homes! Will go check out your gallery rn once I've opened the game. :love:
    @Gordy lol that number xD
    Mortimor Goth is learning magic in my game. He is currently duealing Annebelle for the cleaning spell.
    tumblr_pxvgzfo1lr1qeetfeo1_540.png
    and guess who won.
    tumblr_pxvgzfo1lr1qeetfeo2_1280.png
    We all know the the Realm has been and is being, torn apart by the vortex. What you don't know is how the vortex came to be. Long ago, the three disciplines of magic (mischief, practical and untamed) along with alchemy, all thought that their discipline was the most important. The disagreements became so heated that it lead to a war which created the vortex. Othello (below) was instrumental in bringing the warring parties together to save what was left of the realm. Together, they managed to save a portion of the realm, the HQ, dueling grounds, greenhouse and Casters Alley, all of which were now floating in space on separate islands. Three Sages were elected to continue watching the realm and holding the islands together. If a sage should need replacing for whatever reason, another will take their place.

To honor Othello's courage and sacrifices, they gave him the honorary title of King Othello, Spellcaster Supreme. Due to the war and the vortex ripping parts of the realm away, all the outlying areas where the spellcasters lived were lost to the void. So, King Othello helped the spellcasters to relocate to various worlds in our realm. Othello found a small, private forest where cottages were built long ago after the war. In this forest, King Othello and one family from each discipline, live in these cottages in this forest called Glimmerbrook and are the gate keepers to the portal for the Magic Realm. They keep watch and make sure that only the right and most worthy of our world will be able to stumble upon the portal, thus, adding to their numbers that dwindled during the war.

Below is King Othello and several cottages built in the Victorian era, although, now some have been modernized in some ways.

You can find all of these at my gallery I.D. dannydanbo

48735032753_71bfac38fb_h.jpg

48735034093_c7db39e012_h.jpg

48735362946_e8465800c7_h.jpg

48735362811_69594b146e_h.jpg

48735546387_845f98350b_h.jpg

48735033658_9faaef390e_h.jpg

48735546167_f5405456b8_h.jpg

48735033168_5e012067b0_z.jpg

I like the background story and the houses.
    Father Winter had a magic duel with another sim.

Hahaha that's hilarious :D

This would make a great winter story.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Dannydanbo I enjoyed the backstory and your homes are lovely!

Really enjoying all the screenshots simmers are sharing. It's fun to see the kinds of characters and environments others create. Thank you!

My sim has been failing her potion crafts at an alarming rate. LOL I'm not entirely certain she's cut out to be an alchemist. LOL Despite her black hair, I'm thinking she has to be related to Ron Weasley somehow. LOL
    tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqpjbm2Dg1vorh5do2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Wow @Ceres_Meiriona did your sim kill a sage? :D

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This is Caster's Cauldron. Many years ago, this is where the local ranger station once stood. However, there was a mysterious fire (and according to some witnesses back then, there was an odd bluish flame) that burned the station to the ground. The lot was bought and a bar was built in it's place. Due to the stories of the blue flame, most sims avoid the area in general, but there are a few brave (or stupid) sims that wander in from time to time. None seem to notice the odd clientele or the fact that there is a large cauldron in the center of the room. They also don't seem to notice the sprite pond or that mysterious tree around back.

You can find this on the gallery at my I.D. #dannydanbo

48738692696_36eda35f7d_h.jpg