Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potion of Immortality?

Comments

• EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    It should be named Potion of Eternity. To be immortal means to not suffer any grievous injury or death. To be eternal means to not die of old age but by other means.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    VyStarlit wrote: »
    Does the potion still allow a sim to die other ways besides old age?

Also does the rejuvenation potion keep them that age once, or do they have to constantly take it before the end of each cycle like the potion of youth in the aspiration store?

They continue to age so you'd have to take it again before their next birthday.
    So basically it’s just the potion of youth from the rewards store recycled as I predicted. How disappointing. There really should be a potion to freeze aging altogether but that would involve actually making a NEW potion from scratch to do it... Not Maxis’ thing.

No, this is different.

You can take a potion of youth and still die of old age if you run out of it. If I understand this potion correctly then your sim will not die from old age.

Potion of youth: can die of old age

Potion of Immortality: cannot die of old age

There is a difference, I was still hoping for a freezing-age-potion but I guess the vampires are unique in that way.

@SilentKitty I was referring to the potion of rejuvenation (which CelSims, who I quoted, was talking about)

Ahh 😊
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    It would be cool to have a potion that gives your sim immortality like the Tolkein elves. So always young and won't die of old age, but can die by other means.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Useless potion. It doesn't stop aging.
    Has anyone figured out what it does when it "fails"? It seems to me it just does nothing, no curse
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019
    VyStarlit wrote: »
    It would be cool to have a potion that gives your sim immortality like the Tolkein elves. So always young and won't die of old age, but can die by other means.

Thats.. what the immortality potion does x)

Edit: my bad i'm tired and missed the 'stay young' part :/

Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Useless potion. It doesn't stop aging.
    Has anyone figured out what it does when it "fails"? It seems to me it just does nothing, no curse

If a rejuvenation potion fails then instead of resetting your current age to day 1 it moves your sim to the day before their age up birthday. I haven't had immortality fail yet so no clue on that one.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I saw in another thread that a fail on the immortality potion turns the SIm into a ghost for a limited period of time (I think a day?).
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    Echova wrote: »
    It should be named Potion of Eternity. To be immortal means to not suffer any grievous injury or death. To be eternal means to not die of old age but by other means.

No, eternity mean always live forever, no matter whatever pain or not, death and decay can't touch it. Eternity and immortal almost same, but immortal almost same as eternity but can be changed imortal into mortal subject to death and decay.

Yes, I felt potion of immortality is near useless unless elder sims but useless for younger than elder, if people got tired, might well turn off age or become vampire. or keep drinking age of young (reward from points), or age away (science) or rejuvenation potion (spellcaster) to reset age to live forever (all 3 same thing, but not same path) Most easy way is vampire, second is spellcaster for those who don't want vampire, 3 is young from reward with from science job, cloneing for those who don't want vampire and spellcaster but normal sims or mermaid, and last and hardest of all is science age away, too long to get top 10 and collect resource, can't do that within sims' normal lifetime, maybe long lifetime, but not short and normal lifetime.
    Post edited by Humility925 on
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    edited September 2019
    Echova wrote: »

No, eternity mean always live forever, no matter whatever pain or not, death and decay can't touch it. Eternity and immortal almost same, but immortal almost same as eternity but can be changed imortal into mortal subject to death and decay.

I’m afraid you have those the wrong way.

To be eternal means you live for eternity; hence you don’t age. It doesn’t mean you can’t die by other means. A lich for example would be immortal.

An immortal would be something like a god/deity. Yes, they probably wouldn’t age either (depending) but they are exempt from death. Because...they’re not mortal. They suffer no mortality (which is dying and where the naming for a mortal infliction/wound stems from). Immortal doesn’t necessarily mean celestial and both are not interchangeable. It honestly depends on folklore and mythology. But when it comes down to etymology, eternal means to not age/everlasting until otherwise.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Personally, I love that you get two separate potions for this! I adore the idea of having this old eternal crone figure who no one knows truly how old they are, And then you can have the eternally young sorcerer whose eyes are entirely too old!
    Personally, I love that you get two separate potions for this! I adore the idea of having this old eternal crone figure who no one knows truly how old they are, And then you can have the eternally young sorcerer whose eyes are entirely too old!

I agree completely! Having it this way gives you options. If rejuvenation was eternal age freezing I'd be miffed they simply copied a vampire thing.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I agree completely! Having it this way gives you options. If rejuvenation was eternal age freezing I'd be miffed they simply copied a vampire thing.
    Meanwhile I’m miffed that the potion of rejuvenation does the exact same thing as the potion of youth from the rewards store :D at least the vampire age freezing thing isn’t actually a potion.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    After drinking the immortal potion my sim now had a glowing infinity symbol in her neck (see avatar picture) that shows up from time to time. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a bug?
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thats.. what the immortality potion does x)
    >
    > Edit: my bad i'm tired and missed the 'stay young' part :/

It's fine! no harm done. Yes, eternally young and not dying of old age would be awesome. I still would like them to die by other means though.
    if they die by other means, it's wasn't immortality. Some might want immure to any new and old death and decay.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    This was a disappointment. I was hoping my sim would stay forever young. Oh well, back to chugging down youth potions. xD
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yes me too!

I would rather have a few elders that are truly interesting running around then my game adding new ones just because it wanted more of them. Have created one such “special elder” who is a spellcaster so far, the next one will be a mermaid.

I like that this potion is different and gives another effect, would rather see another potion doing a age-freeze since I have figured out how to use this in a fun way in my saves.
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    After drinking the immortal potion my sim now had a glowing infinity symbol in her neck (see avatar picture) that shows up from time to time. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a bug?

Yes, I have this too, and it annoys the crud out of me. I want to know who on earth thought that this kind of animation that randomly shows up in the neck of your sim and then follows your sim around was a good idea -.-
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Kain_DrakanKain_Drakan Posts: 16 Member
    > @darrenfroggy said:
    > I saw in another thread that a fail on the immortality potion turns the SIm into a ghost for a limited period of time (I think a day?).

2 days in fact. It just happened to one of my sims, ugh!
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    > @darrenfroggy said:
    > I saw in another thread that a fail on the immortality potion turns the SIm into a ghost for a limited period of time (I think a day?).

2 days in fact. It just happened to one of my sims, ugh!

oh with my sim it was only for about a day, didn't stop them from practicing their magic though. And since I don't generally play with ghosts, it was nice having him try out the ghost skills for a change.
  • wallisdjwallisdj Posts: 18 Member
    Maybe someone can explain this: my sims grandson resurrected his grandfather. Then he gave his grandfather the potion of immortality. This potion turned the grandfather into a ghost. Then the grandson gave his grandfather the potion of resurrection. Nothing happened. However, when the grandfather drank a glass of water . . . poof! Back to being "human" again. Say what??????
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    yeah I was kind of disappointed with the immortality potion I don't know if you use mods or not luckily someone created a mod there are different flavors of it True Immortal: Sims with the trait cannot die and will not age. - Only no age: They can still die.- Only immortal: They can still age and mod to remove the headline effect if you want a link to the modders page I'll link it
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    In a lot of lores spellcasters can live several hundred years but they often age at the same rate as mortals.

I am glad they're not the exact same as vampires. Vampires are gifted with Eternal youth at the cost of being a parasite that must feed off a host's blood, as well as an aversion to sunlight .

It makes sense that a witch would constantly need to reapply a potion to stay young forever.

That being said, I wish the potion of Rejuvenation turned anybody that drank it into a young adult. So if an elder drinks it they become young again.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Why not take both potions? That's what I did.