Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Holidays

Is anyone else going to create magic-inspired holidays for your sims? The spellcasters have a culture, after all. Makes sense for them to have their own celebrations.

What I have so far:
  • Walpurgisnacht: First day of winter. In the past, spellcasters would flee to the Magic Realm and hide from humans. It has now become a tradition for families to spend the entire day in the Magic Realm, get to know their fellow witches more, and celebrate their culture.
  • Hexennacht: Spring. A day for partying, having fun and playing pranks.
  • Elixirfest: Summer holiday. A long time ago, when witches were hunted to near-extinction levels by sims, they had to keep up their population to survive. Today, it exists as the magical version of Valentine's Day. Adult spellcasters are encouraged to get freaky, while the kids are encouraged to have summer fun outside. Away from the house. Far away.
  • Hallow Day: Autumn, the day before Spooky Day. Spellcasters duel with each other to prepare themselves to enter the sims world. The most powerful witches are allowed to summon a relative from the grave as a ghost, who will get to roam the earth for the next few days.
  • Hollow Night: The day after Spooky Day. A day to honor witches who have fallen in battle against regular sims or other occults, or just pay respects to those who have been lost. Ghosts must return to the grave after the night is over.
TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Samhain. A gathering in the woods to celebrate the thinning of the veil between worlds. A joyous occasion of food, drink, and dance.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I definitely want to do this in my game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    This is genius!

Edit: I think my favorite so far is Elixerfest <3 Just because of the description.
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'm going to create Salem Day in Spring so witches can honor their fallen and persecuted ancestors. The traditions will be remembrance, telling stories, and water fun. I think normal sims burned witches at the stake long ago so they should celebrate by cooling off. :)
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    erimurphey wrote: »
    I'm going to create Salem Day in Spring so witches can honor their fallen and persecuted ancestors. The traditions will be remembrance, telling stories, and water fun. I think normal sims burned witches at the stake long ago so they should celebrate by cooling off. :)

That's awesome! "Salem Day" should be a thing everywhere! :)

Here's a fun fact for you: No people were actually burned in Salem. Most of them were hanged and one was pressed to death with heavy stones. Salem is very well known for the hangings yet only recently (last few years) was evidence found of where the actual hanging tree might have been.

I think they burned "witches" in England, though.
    #Team Occult
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    These sound great! I particularly love Hallow Day and Hollow Night.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2019
    I like these ideas, especially Hexennacht. I would use Hollow Night, but I already have Day of the Dead in it's place.

My concern is that the way holidays are set up, normal Sims will celebrate the spellcaster holidays too. There should be something added to the calender that only allows occults to celebrate their holidays. I'd love to make a holiday for vampires as well
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I like these ideas, especially Hexennacht. I would use Hollow Night, but I already have Day of the Dead in it's place.

My concern is that the way holidays are set up, normal Sims will celebrate the spellcaster holidays too. There should be something added to the calender that only has occults to celebrate certain holidays. I'd love to make a holiday for vampires as well

If they were to add occult specific tasks (aka dueling) then only Spellcasters (and I think vampires) would be able to do them right? 🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    My calendar is full of different cultural holidays (like Diwali etc) and I just switch to the appropriate family for the duration of the day and then switch back; you could do the same thing with magical holidays. Or you could have a completely separate save just for your magical families.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think I'm going to commit to my Magic Olympics Idea.
    Just a chance for all spell casters to flex their powers.
    I think the Tournaments are going to be cool... I just wish we had more elemental, light and dark based spells.
    It would have been so cool to see him dish out so much fire attacks. And It would have been cool if Sims could Group dual.

Like you could have 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, fights or 3v5, 5v5 all sorts of combinations of Spellcaster fights. maybe your lone spell caster is powerful enough to take on 5 spell casters at once. if only...

Maybe I might just make all the other holidays and seasonal changes have a little bit more of Enchanting traditions.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Absolutely, and what a great idea! I make my vampires celebrate Christmas, and come to think of it, looks a little funny. Maybe create holidays for vampires. I have to think about this...thanks for all the inspiration guys! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Amazing! I was just thinking about which holidays to add. I'd like a Mabon and a few days of festivities for Allhallowtide. Bookmarking this thread for reference :D