Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which MAGIC pack wins?

I can't vote, since I haven't experience all of those thoroughly. The only extensively is the feature in TS2 Apartment Life, having to tried out everything. From I experience I get, I think ROM beats it alonside supernatural, with the way witches are delivered. And it looks to be on par or a bit underwheling, when face to face with Makin' Magic. What are your thoughts tho?
NNpYlHF.jpg

Which MAGIC pack wins? 61 votes

TS1: Makin' Magic
34%
icmnfrshIsb917scoedNivyxAngellulubevilleelelunicybixtersSavvySimmieadele_katSigzy05beautimousEnkiSchmidtMidnightAuraManakoHimeMgalbHolidayWallSims4everGordySimmingal 21 votes
TS2: Apartment Life (content pertaining only witches/magic)
6%
bandit5dsefAineFaust-RSI 4 votes
TS3: Supernatural (everything except pertaining other occults)
16%
GoldmoldaroveronMoon_Willowmock68KalaniCoolMoonfoxNightcryItsJaniercedesdcsimms745SERVERFRA 10 votes
TS4: Realm of Magic.
40%
Kamiosunhair2008jonilla1PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegMizz_Triceywrenstalessmurf45bluePagophobiapapertongueWolfNateXxAirixXMasonGamerHermitgirlBOYAquaGamer1212LiELFmikaRae357Themrsg4422 25 votes
Other (combination of votes)
1%
ryttu3k 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I think Realm is probably really detailed and looks to be a lot of fun like MM we get an entire new magic realm we can't love there (technically) but it's pretty impressive. Frankly I'm not trying to say RoM is the best thing ever but to constantly judge it against MM and thus 'it's stupid' is silly in my opinion. This is the first time since Makin Magic that magic thus witches and wizards have been the SOLE purpose of an expansion. (yes it's referred to as a 'game pack' but for all intents and purposes it's just a mid-sized expansion pack and cheaper)
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I think we need to actually play ROM first. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    TS2 easily, you could create an army of zombies in this one.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Yeah. I think I should waited and posted after the week of the pack's release.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I will need to play it first.
    But ROM does look good. I am going to miss my Fairies though.I loved TS3 Supernatural.
    Never played TS1 expansions.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    TS2 Apartment life was my first magic pack and i just loved it and how you could make items from the cauldron as well as potions to reserve the curses and the love potion!!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2019
    TS3: Supernatural (everything except pertaining other occults)
    Yeah. I think I should waited and posted after the week of the pack's release.

Just post an new poll after ROM releases. However as some posters are pointing out ROM is an GP and Supernatural was an EP. Supernatural has an wider scope of features than what ROM cannot provide even if there are witches in it. I choose SN because of it's other LS that ROM does not provide and as usual indirectly SN can utilize all of TS3 properties and is not limited to how may lots are available. ROM however for an GP looks entertaining. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Never had the others, so Realm of Magic wins by default for me lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    For me makin magic wins because your nostalgia, the soundtrack whats is perfect, the districs three on them, inspired by something like supernatural gothic, park and something in between. The spells its so many you needed run away for the ingredients, all packets before MM had some spell or magic object, the children have you on spellbook including one spell that'll make you turn to adult. In addition to the very coin to exchange ingredients that my god was so hard, I practically made my sim create golden threads to sell and earn money to create new spells and objects. I miss it so much is my favorite expansion because it plunges into a totally different world. Realm of Magic is actually as close to what we had with MM, at least that's what I believe for now.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I can't vote of Sims 1 one as I never played it is outdated now; but sims 4 is basically everything that I wanted with a magic pack at least. Another realm, able to use your hands instead of just a wand, etc....

Sims 2 was alright but didn't get too into it; but I used the cauldron a bit and tried some spells and Sims 3 was unstable and a bit disappointing when it came to magic, so my witch just either just cast love or fire spells on everyone and everything.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2019
    Makin' Magic had craziest magic: turning into a werewolf, kids being able to use spells, bringing inanimate objects to life, turning sims into toads (that can be eaten by pets), turning pets into people, and hatching/raising a dragon. (I can't stress this enough - I love the dragons of Sims 1.)

When it comes to alchemy, Sims 3 seems to have the best, hands-down. You have so many options. I have no problem with simple moodlet-based or needs-based potions when we also have a ton of cool potions, which Sims 3 also had.

For witches themselves, RoM wins out. I'll miss the alignment system of Apartment Life, but RoM's reputation system and variety of spells lets me play witches as good or evil anyway. I love the rank system, all the details put into dueling, and the fact that a lot of lore was put into the Realm and magic itself.

I love how RoM lets you have different brooms, wands and familiars, but I'd give up those options to have more, crazier spells at my disposal. And the deficiency in cross-pack gameplay sticks out like a sore thumb, because every other generation I've played accounted for other packs. I want to control weather, bottle fame, turn pets into sims, sabotage Sulani's environment, and infest businesses and homes with rats.

1 > 4 > 2 > 3. But I didn't play enough of 3's witches to get a good feel for them, so they could easily get a higher ranking if I sit down and play with them more. And all magic packs have been good.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    @Gordy Actually rep is only if you use Get Famous
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @Gordy Actually rep is only if you use Get Famous
    Oops, yeah. Controlling weather and reputation were meant to go into my complains about cross-pack interaction. But I messed up there. Thanks for catching that, I'll fix it now.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I can't really vote yet, haven't played ROM.
    But from what I've seen and already know from the previous packs:

4. The Sims 3: Supernatural - Supernatural as a whole pack is amazing, let's get that off first, but when you strip it down to Witches. they really can't do a lot if you compare it with other packs. Just IMO.
    3. The Sims 1: Makin' Magic - First pack that introduced magic to us for the Sims, and it didn't fail to impress me. And also: dragons were instantly there!
    2. The Sims 2: Apartment Life - Amazing how the witches looked here, maybe a little too 'traditional', but still amazing. and some of the spells were just fantastic (time freezing, are you kidding?)
    1. The Sims 4: Realm of Magic - I know it's not out yet, but what I've seen from the trailer and LS, this looks already amazing. Including the two worlds with a portal crossing over into a magical realm, the choice between wands or not, the familiars and option to create your dog/cat familiar, the variety in spells and the addition of curses, which makes spellcasting not so 'easy' all the time, including the whole mechanic behind the power of your magic using abilities.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Have to play first. Supernatural is a tough one to beat for me!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    RoM looks like it's going to be my favorite, but we'll see what happens on Tuesday.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Magic beats Supernatural by focusing on my fave life state
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I liked the time freeze in sims 2 witches.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Magic beats Supernatural by focusing on my fave life state

Supernatural had really amazing witches, they were the reason I loved the pack so much. Definitely my fav life state too! <3

I'm hoping RoM will win out in the end, but I can't know that for sure until I play it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Although I’m Not happy with what became of it, it still seems superior to Supernatural in regards to customization, I can finally create my sorcerer they way I want, Which I’m Excited for.

It’s just there are spells I wish turned out differently. It’s not that I had high expectations, I had different expectations. I wish there was more freedom, I get there is a story, but I feel like the story should have been optional. I don’t think the “schools of magic” and the “Sages” I feel like they didn’t have to be what they are.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    ROM looks amazing so far, but MM still wins for me. To be fair, MM is an entire EP, so its scope is much greater
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I can't vote, because I haven't played ROM yet.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Other (combination of votes)
    Haven't played TS2 and no one's played RoM yet, but can you really judge, given how different they all are? Supernatural, for instance, is a whole EP, RoM is only a game pack. From what we've seen of RoM, it looks phenomenal, though. And MM was just... magical, appropriately enough. It may not actually have the depth, but it set up all the groundwork for later packs, and was just plain fun.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2019
    Makin magic will always be the best. But Realm of Magic comes in second (I haven't played it but the livestream got me hecking hyped)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am voting before release because I can't wait to get in and play with these spellcasters... and after the livestream even more so.

I only played Sims 1 and 2 and this game. I haven't heard great things about Sims 3 witches but since I didn't like the game I'd say I wouldn't have liked the witches and I'm not really interested in any other lifestate to anywhere near the extent that I'm interested in this.

I didn't enjoy Magic Town as much as others seem to have in Sims 1... the sims were too needy to enjoy it. I do remember using many of the things that came in the pack at my sims home (beehive, spinning wheel, butterchurn and bonehilda regularly) but with all the magic coin business .. it just didn't pull me back to Magic Town. The clown ride was fun. I think I visited a few times. I would say I enjoyed this more than witches in Sims 2 because..
    In Sims 2 I didn't like the introduction to witches or the way they looked.. I never got past that and so didn't play them. I did very much like apartments though, more than the apartments we have now, but I want witches I actually want to play sooo
    The obvious vote for me is the ones I'm dying to play with after years of waiting as well as really loving everything they are putting out about this pack. I want to make all sorts of "witches" a practical magic, alchemist and a wizard to start that will go down the untamed track. I also want to make combinations of witches good, evil and neutral. It sounds very open to me being able to make the type of witch I want to make and to give them the life I want them to live... those that just live in the human world more or less anonymously and also very powerful witches who will rule the place or spend most of their time in the company of other spellcasters.
    egTcBMc.png