Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the problem with Island counters and kitchens in general EA?

2...Next

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Game changers have had this pack since Thursday. I agree with @DragonCat159 that many of them do change their minds about packs once more it becomes available for all. But if there’s an event they have been flown too you can guarantee they will praise it to the cows come home. I can think of a few game changers who gushed over island living at EA play. But the day after it came out they then said the expansion was boring and had nothing to do.

It is predictable. That being said they don’t all do it. I have a friend who got early access to realm of magic and she doesn’t recommend it and is extremely disappointed with it and has said so.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    https://www.lowes.com/projects/2018/2018-kitchen-trends-islands/project

Maybe you all ought to go look at cabinets and islands - they look all different to me.

They are some awesome kitchens! Would love to have some of these in game!

That said, while the pictured islands all have different forms to their counter counterparts (😁), the colours match, whereas IL's counters don't. It's something that bothers me, maybe because I work in design, and you've got to be really careful of that sort of thing (when I was learning, I made a mistake with a client's brand colours - it wasn't obvious on the screen, but printed out & on expensive paper... oops).
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks let's keep the thread on topic please, this thread isn't to call out how someone changes their opinion or names their videos. If you wish to discuss that that's fine but you'll need to make a separate thread about it. Let's keep this thread on topic.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Stuff like this is why we need a creation tool that allows us to change things then Maxis wouldn't have to endure so much negative feedback. Think about it, this stuff isn't new, it's happened hundreds of times in the course of this franchise. In TS2 there were counters that didn't have any matching colors to the island parts. There were counters that looked horrible from the back, and a few counters that wouldn't connect due to design flaw. And Numenor and Mary Lou (modder gods) fixed this stuff for players. But a CASt tool for players could have fixed a few of the problems such as creating a matching color and the right shade, and if they could create an even better tool for us to use we could just remove the drawers (but still it might not line up with the others) but it would squash a lot of complaints about the little oversights we notice and or get angry about. Especially when we had to wait on a missing part for it to only be below their own standards let alone ours.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    From my understanding, Maxis outsources all or most of their objects.... Their art team does the concepts and someone else does the 3D objects, clothes and hair, so this might not directly be their fault but it's still pretty bad, and Maxis needs to fix this.

Even if that's the case (though I find it very unlikely they do it like that), it would still 100% be their fault because they are responsible for quality testing on their end.