Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This needs to be watched!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think he's right and I appreciate his honest opinion, he has a platform as a Game Changer and is more likely to be heard so it's important they give that feedback.

There still are a lot of things that need to be addressed, such as :

- Restaurants where it takes the whole day to eat -if your sims is even served-.
    - Get Bugs To Work (The Detective career is very buggy)
    - Dog walks that require for your sim to take the day off to complete.
    - Moschino Bugspack (game freezing while taking a pic, sims not coming to pose)
    - Lagging, routing issues.

Etc....

@Dianesims

I love restaurants but the serving time killed me. I use a mod by Little Ms SAm that makes the chef cook faster. I often will remodel to add another chef station as well. I know a lot of ppl don't use mods. I like LMS because she has practical mods and small bug fixes. I hope EA improves Dine Out.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited September 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    No thanks. Opinions are just that, opinions (I feel most things are really nit picky. Counters looked fine in my game, no different then others). If they have actual issues, they need to bring it up to EA, not us. If they are game changers, why don't they do something to make actual changes? They get free stuff and special privileges then the rest of us do but for what? They don't pre-test things or give feedback beforehand to help avoid issues when released or suggest new ideas or features to EA itself in meetings.

Some of them do.
    Some have been flown to the studios for meetings and previews of content.
    Some don’t get the chance. I have a friend who says she is going to try and feedback her disappointment and issues with ROM (the game changers have a discord) but she said they don’t often get the chance to give that feedback unless EA ask for it. She also mentioned she’s not that close with the new CM.

EA just want game changers to advertise the game for them. I don’t agree with it but it is what it is.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I don't care who he is, a game changer or a regular player like me. I saw the video and he made some good points.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    James has said the things that many of us simmers have been saying for a while now and I am glad he is someone who will say when something is bad and not just go with the flow as some ppl might do. A friend of mine keeps saying 'oh I hope we get a The Sims 5'. She has got to be joking! If this is what we are getting in TS4 I don't even want to think how bad and buggy TS5 could be, if it ever happens. I can really understand why some simmers would rather play TS2 or TS3 when you see things like the island counters not matching colours correctly or they have cupboards and the top is just stretched so it becomes an island counter.
    I know it can take time to create things like objects but this is really lazy, what happened to quality control?
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think there should be a time limit for game-changers as they tend to branch off after a while when they have had help from a game to get enough followers to start making a living from Youtube and streaming.

When they start advertising and streaming other games, maybe it's time they break their ties with EA and carry on like LGR with no commitments.

I'm sure some fresh Simmers would like the free flights, previews of upcoming games and early access to fresh packs. The flights might equal some Simmers monthly pay.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Them playing other games is not consequential. If they provide less and less Sims-related content they may lose their GC status, but that would happened regardless of the other content they put out...
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think there should be a time limit for game-changers as they tend to branch off after a while when they have had help from a game to get enough followers to start making a living from Youtube and streaming.

When they start advertising and streaming other games, maybe it's time they break their ties with EA and carry on like LGR with no commitments.

I'm sure some fresh Simmers would like the free flights, previews of upcoming games and early access to fresh packs. The flights might equal some Simmers monthly pay.

I'm pretty sure that the game changers (AKA Yibsims though I'm not sure they're still called that) were popular streamers that EA decided to start using as really cheap advertising. And yes, flights and nice hotels and free game copies is very, very cheap for them.

And EA was sending LGR copies prerelease for a little while, but they pulled the plug on him. I suspect they did because even though he's a popular youtuber, he is not crazy about the Sims 4, so having him advertise for them probably wasn't working out that well.

Maxis and EA have no reason to find unknown youtubers and make them game changers -- the game changers already have the followings and EA is just taking advantage of that.

Edit: I believe that EA recently laid off a few hundred people from their marketing department. I'm not sure, but it would surprise me if it wasn't related to them shifting how they market their games.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that the game changers (AKA Yibsims though I'm not sure they're still called that) were popular streamers that EA decided to start using as really cheap advertising. And yes, flights and nice hotels and free game copies is very, very cheap for them.

And EA was sending LGR copies prerelease for a little while, but they pulled the plug on him. I suspect they did because even though he's a popular youtuber, he is not crazy about the Sims 4, so having him advertise for them probably wasn't working out that well.

Maxis and EA have no reason to find unknown youtubers and make them game changers -- the game changers already have the followings and EA is just taking advantage of that.

Edit: I believe that EA recently laid off a few hundred people from their marketing department. I'm not sure, but it would surprise me if it wasn't related to them shifting how they market their games.
    No I think they pulled the plug on him because he never went to the events. As much as I like Game Changers they aren't testers they are like us so I don't see why I should pay attention to someone that just has early access to something that complains about the sims 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019

LGR turned down the offer to be a Game Changer. He felt that it would throw a bit of shade on the integrity of his reviews.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2019
    I didn't think he was a game changer. He was getting preview copies, though, and reviewing them as he always does, so it only lasted a few packs before he was buying his own again. In truth, I didn't pay attention to the "why" because I'm not that interested in other people's lives. But it also is not the point I was trying to make with my post.

I was responding to a post saying that game changers should be switched out after awhile for newer simmers and I was trying to explain that EA didn't give the game changers their audiences -- they were all established youtubers that EA (not only for the sims) took on because of their audiences and ability to reach lots and lots of fans.

Edit: My point with LGR was responding to the same post and the point they made. He was saying that game changers should lose their affiliation after awhile and be like LGR, so I brought up that for a time Maxis was sending him review copies.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I truly do love Island Living, but I was a little let down. It just didn’t seem like an expansion pack to me.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member

@Felicity

I was surprised to find out some game changers have very small channels, like a little over 2000 subs. I think a lot of ppl tend to think it's only the popular ones with thousands of subs. Some game changers aren't even on YouTube but on other platforms.

@Simburian

James has had multiple channels to stream content. Sometimes he puts Minecraft videos to his main channel. That game is extremely popular and attracts new viewers and subs. A lot of his subs haven't played Sims prior to finding his channel based on other games. He's smart to branch out on his main channel. He can't bank on Sims forever. He's good for the community and I've watched him since TS3. He was even critical of that when need be.
  • Options

No I think they pulled the plug on him because he never went to the events. As much as I like Game Changers they aren't testers they are like us so I don't see why I should pay attention to someone that just has early access to something that complains about the sims 4

I doubt it’s that. Lots of game changers (and LGR has never been a game changer) don’t get invited to events. Also you can complain about a pack as a game changer and a regular simmer and still enjoy the sims. Game changers getting early access doesn’t mean they have to lie and say they like something If they don’t.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019

I doubt it’s that. Lots of game changers (and LGR has never been a game changer) don’t get invited to events. Also you can complain about a pack as a game changer and a regular simmer and still enjoy the sims. Game changers getting early access doesn’t mean they have to lie and say they like something If they don’t.

What I think is that they should get earlier access to the finished game so that they can do a thorough playthrough and get back to Maxis with their results before having to hurry with a video to show their viewers. That's if you can trust them not to divulge all the game's details that is.

EA/Maxis game-changing does give some Simmers a chance to get their first steps on the YouTube and Twitch streaming ladder and LGR has mentioned on his videos that he owes Maxis and SimCity games and why he has reviewed some packs but he has moved on to other interests like old gadgets and PCs now and that's only natural. He's honest but I don't believe he plays the game now as in one video he had to re-install it to try one pack out.

If you read through the credits on the original game 'The Sims' the list of those who thoroughly checked for faults is extremely long and that is why it came out so well.
  • Options

What I think is that they should get earlier access to the finished game so that they can do a thorough playthrough and get back to Maxis with their results before having to hurry with a video to show their viewers. That's if you can trust them not to divulge all the game's details that is.

EA/Maxis game-changing does give some Simmers a chance to get their first steps on the YouTube and Twitch streaming ladder and LGR has mentioned on his videos that he owes Maxis and SimCity games and why he has reviewed some packs but he has moved on to other interests like old gadgets and PCs now and that's only natural. He's honest but I don't believe he plays the game now as in one video he had to re-install it to try one pack out.

If you read through the credits on the original game 'The Sims' the list of those who thoroughly checked for faults is extremely long and that is why it came out so well.

Well game changers already have to sign a non disclosure agreement. But they aren’t quality testers. They are free advertisers for EA and while I can’t stand the program, that is a different topic altogether.

Apparently the sims 4 has a different team for that. I read one comment on James Turner’s video where there person said they have a friend that does testing for EA, they report bugs but a lot of the time EA ignore it. They also said they get very little time to go over each pack.
    I agree I don’t think LGR’s heart is in it anymore, I can completely empathise. I love the franchise but this iteration makes me sad and frustrated and I don’t think he’s that different. That being said he had been surprisingly positive this year.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member

Imagine if they released the pack to GCs early for testing and all the feedback was awful, they hated the concept or the gameplay. EA still have a release schedule they have to follow, so how could they possibly "fix" those things (bugs are different than concepts etc) and still make money. It's not good business sense to poll only what like a dozen of your millions of players and I think that if they did, it would be giving GCs too much power over the game and the business. I understand your idea, but if you think it through, it could never work.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    This isn’t at all shocking news for me. It’s EA. They’ve done this on their recent game releases.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2019
    The game changers is meant to be a extension to marketing. Their role is to get the word out hopefully in a positive light. EA/ Maxis flies them in for this reason. Their mind, however, is still their own. They certainly can mention the issues they see, but their purpose is not to test the game for EA. There is nothing that he is saying here that is wrong. It is constructive criticism.

The Lazy Gamer refused to become part of EA's Game Changer Program. As already said, he felt that it would interfer with the integrity of his own show. He has always had a fondness for the Sims, But like a lot of us, he remembers what it was, and maybe is not always as fond of what it has become.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    And the latest patch fixed most of the issues reported by James.

So it DOES work to report.

Just saying...