Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Judging from what I've seen this is very unpopular, but Dine Out is my favorite pack. I absolutely love the restaurant system and running restaurants and I've spent more time playing with it than any other pack. It's just fun to build restaurants, earn money, micromanage, upgrade them, keep it running smoothly, build them up to 5* restaurants and then start ripping sims off with overpriced poorly cooked food!

This really is an unpopular opinion! It’s awesome that you’re enjoying it! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AdiAdi Posts: 6 New Member
    The traits in the sims 3 don’t really affect the gameplay so much , there’s no huge difference between the sims 3 and the sims 4 traits
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    I hate the fact that when I have children in the game they all look like my sim {mother}with bright red hair, the only difference is their skin tone due to the father
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

Just a heads-up: I removed several posts because they were not in line with the forum rules, specifically
    • Don't be inappropriate. That means no obscenity or other explicit posts i.e. sexting. This includes role play threads.
    • Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    • Don't chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things on the forum is not okay, if you have any questions about your own moderation history feel free to reach out to a moderator or Community manager.
    • Don't be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
    • Don't post anything that references adult materials. This includes linking to adult-themed mods for games. We've got young gamers on here, too.
    Please remember to be kind and respect each other and different opinions.

Having said that, I want to commment on some of the points that have been raised here.

First of all, as much as some of you are wishing for it, there won't be a forum section for more mature content. Long story short, everything posted here has to be in line with the game rating so this will be something you won't find on the official Sims forum. So, I'm asking you to keep this in mind and refrain from publicly discussing these kinds of things.

Also, the forum rules are in place for a reason and they are the condition for using this forum which is why I'd like to remind you to stick to the rules and report inappropriate comments and behaviour when you notice it using the "Flag" button > "Report".

Lastly, I understand that you are unhappy with the profanity filter and its sensitivity. Over the years, a lot of ... interesting and "colourful" creations had to be added. But you may be happy to hear that it's currently under review - it will take time though because there are a lot of uncool words that need going through.

I hope this cleared up some things. If you have further questions, you can reach out to me via DM (so this thread isn't derailed). :)

Thank you,
    Leeloo
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I really love Sims 4 and I'm not lying.
    Yes, the game has annoying bugs that should be fixed already, but they don't make me dislike the rest of the game.
    I also play other games, so I'm not just Sims 4 fanatic.
    I know it's hard to believe that someone will actually like this game the way it is. Shocking, right?
    I'm not lying, I swear I'm not.

So do I. ♥️ I have the complete collection for The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 installed so I know what's available in those versions. I currently play several other games. Red Dead Redemption on Xbox, Zoo Tycoon, Animal Crossing. I've played WOW, Final Fantasy, Doom, GTA, Zelda, Fable, Call of Duty, Civilization, and tons more. So I'm not a newbie to the Sims or gaming in general and I still love this version best.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I really love Sims 4 and I'm not lying.
    Yes, the game has annoying bugs that should be fixed already, but they don't make me dislike the rest of the game.
    I also play other games, so I'm not just Sims 4 fanatic.
    I know it's hard to believe that someone will actually like this game the way it is. Shocking, right?
    I'm not lying, I swear I'm not.

Add me in :) i love sims 4! And 3, and 2 and 1 :lol: each one at it's own way. My love for each one doesn't corrupt in any way my love for the others. They belong to the same franchise but i see them as different games (as they actually are).
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited April 2021
    Unpopular opinion, I hate it when builders get all fancy-dancy with their lots. I also hate it when there is no in-between with lots, like it's either a single bedroom lot or a mini-mansion with 5+ bedrooms. Also just because my sims just happen to be living on a 50x50 lot doesn't mean I'm looking for a mansion, sometimes I just want a nice 30x20 or 30x40 lot with three bedrooms and a back yard.

Second unpopular/popular opinion, the fitler system on the Gallery is terrible, there is no way to narrow down the results pool for what you're looking for (as referenced above, small lot with more than 1 bedroom).
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited April 2021
    @halloweenchild I concur with you on the filtering system. This is just terrible. Takes too long to find anything worthwhile.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @halloweenchild I concur with you on the filtering system. This is just terrible. Takes too long to find anything worthwhile.

@ArcherDK Yep, all I want is a simple 2 bedroom house that'll fit on a 20x20/20x30 starter lot for my small family to live in but I can't find a darn thing because I can't filter by rooms. It's quite irritating.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited April 2021
    @halloweenchild I know this feeling. And another annoying part is that there is no filter 20x30 or 30x20 (Which side is FRONT)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume this is an unpopular opinion because I've seen almost nothing but praise for this particular thing that I hate. So here it goes:

This newest update made sims eat faster and it freakin' suuuuucks! Organizing group meals has become a pain in the *** now because of how fast they finish certain foods.

I agree I hate the new update my sims can’t eat and watch tv anymore as they finish their food so quickly. I can’t believe this was a “bug” that needed fixing when I never saw any complaints about it to begin with.
    I have to agree with this unpopular opinion.
    It was never a bug to begin with. It was designed for sims to eat slow so they could eat and chat or drink and relax in the tub or eat and watch tv with friends or family etc. I've seen people complaining on forums and twitter that they couldn't get to work on time because they eat too slow that's why they changed it.
    When all people had to do was pack lunch or wake up early or eat good before going to bed or eat when they come home. It's not like sims die of starvation at work.
    I agree i hate it too. Ruined restaurants,dates and all my family gatherings. Not right when we have a whole pack centered around restaurants.

I don't like that they made showering faster too but whatever I just let that one go...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @halloweenchild I know this feeling. And another annoying part is that there is no filter 20x30 or 30x20 (Which side is FRONT)

@ArcherDK OMG YES! I have downloaded so many "perfect" builds only to find that it's the wrong way for the lot type. -_- The filter really needs an overhaul.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member

@ArcherDK OMG YES! I have downloaded so many "perfect" builds only to find that it's the wrong way for the lot type. -_- The filter really needs an overhaul.

I always search for the original lot name for this very reason, so the homes are positioned correctly. There's a ton of nice homes built for them. Just a fyi for when you're throwing together your next neighborhood.
    @Lazzial That is good...IF You know the original lot name :-) But still - thanks for the advice.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Lazzial wrote: »

I always search for the original lot name for this very reason, so the homes are positioned correctly. There's a ton of nice homes built for them. Just a fyi for when you're throwing together your next neighborhood.

@Lazzial Echoing @ArcherDK, that's all well and good if you know the name of the build and or follow the builder, but if you don't you're unfortunately searching in the dark without a flashlight. :-/

Edit: Though I'm also talking about if you don't want to use the lot name to search for builds, but instead want to find creations by our fellow simmers.
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Agreed the gallery filter is hot garbage 🔥
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    @Lazzial That is good...IF You know the original lot name :-) But still - thanks for the advice.

Unless you've renamed the lot it's posted in the top left corner in build mode.
    edited April 2021

@Lazzial what a great suggestion! So simple but I never thought of it. 😄 I'm going to make a list of all the original lot names so I'll have them handy.
    edited April 2021
    And here you go. A list of all worlds and lots.

https://www.teoalida.com/thesims/the-sims-4-worlds/

@Lazzial what a great suggestion! So simple but I never thought of it. 😄 I'm going to make a list of all the original lot names so I'll have them handy.

It makes building up places like Newcrest quick work. :) Go into build mode on lot, highlight/copy lot name - paste into search. I think I can build up Newcrest in about 10-20 minutes now doing that.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I agree that the gallery search system needs an overhaul. It could do with a bit of cleaning up too. I see tons of duplicates by the same simmers and nothing to indicate that the uploads are in any way different. Sometimes it seems things just get uploaded repeatedly so they will be seen more often.

I would venture that the more unpopular thing to say would be "The gallery is fine the way it is." :D But that is just my opinion.
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    unpoplular opinion, vampires rule!!!! I love the energy they bring to the game and if you make a club with get together, they go out and suck blood for fun, it's interesting to me because Ill bring my human sim out to a bar and just watch the chaos!!! hahaha!!!! I truly think get together is a game changer for the sims 4.
    @Lilacsky22 To this I say:

ejIDTfj.png

"We agree"
    GaBDvM2.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top