Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hear great things about the Sims 2 (never played though) and I miss a lot about the Sims 3, but even if I had access to playing those games I would always pick the sims 4 since I love how it looks and rotational play was a game changer for me. So yeah I’d give up better gameplay in a second for the aesthetic of the Sims 4.

Sims 2 was really a good game in many ways, way ahead of it’s time.....

I have heard that, and I’ve watched videos that show a lot of great animations and quirks from the game but I really love how I can make Sims look in TS4 look. I think I’m just shallow lol since I don’t know if could tolerate the lack of options in TS2 after getting spoiled with TS4, even though the game play seems infinitely better
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    > @catmando830 said:
    > I detest vampires = only got that pack for the lots, clothes and furniture.

Same here. Well, except for getting that pack. I chose not to have it at all. :p
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    > @catmando830 said:
    > I detest vampires = only got that pack for the lots, clothes and furniture.

Same here. Well, except for getting that pack. I chose not to have it at all. :p

The only occult creatures I have are aliens and I was excited at first when they were new but honestly I feel like occult sims are overrated. They’re fun to explore once or twice unless you have a deep desire to play fantasy worlds but I feel like they actually get in the way of playing a life simulation game since they take away from the realism of life. Tbh I’m glad I don’t have vampires, mermaids and spell casters in my game since that’s not the vibe I’m going for. I’d tolerate mermaids for the sake of other island living features if I’d want to buy that pack at some point, but I will never buy occult specific packs
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wish aliens were more terrifying and mysterious than they seem to be now. Sims 2 and 1 imo nailed it. Sims 2 especially the aliens used to FREAK me out. Only knowledge sims even wanted to be abducted, other sims were afraid to be. But when they met an alien in person they didnt care - which I do think is odd. What are aliens like in TS4?

I wish there is a good alien and bad alien- is there such a thing in Sims 4? I still want them though to be mysterious and hard to meet.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt Not really, unless their traits make them act that way. As for being hard to meet, unplayed aliens generally walk around in disguise, so you can’t tell they’re aliens until you’ve talked to them for a while.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't really want cars in my game. It's just extra animations, and more time to get from place to place.

The words "Sims 5" makes me want to crawl into a hole and die. NOOO, please we're nowhere near complete with the sims 4. I need my fairies, and my bands before we start talking about Sims 5. Please.

The "preteens" idea sucks. Just make the teens we already have in game shorter. If modders can do it, EA can surely alter them to be shorter. I don't need 3 adult stages, EA.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    Sentiments seem pointless they take ages to get, add nothing to the game and disappear very quickly. I don’t get why people are saying it’s a game changing feature. It’s added very little to my game except me stressing why my sims aren’t getting them and when they do why they vanish after a few days.

I feel lifestyles are pointless, they take forever to gain especially since they require you to do the associated activities almost every day. Sentiments are fine but seem a little unbalanced, my entire family is upset because of "shared sadness" because one of the kids got the "bad day at school" moodlet and now the whole family is sad because the child being sad. In a different save one of my other child sims has an "angry" sentiment towards her toddler brother, for not giving her the "blessing of youth" at the Festival of Youth. Like, excuse me? Who programmed this? Toddlers can't even do the "blessing" interaction, just WTH?

Those festival sadness / angry moodlets are downright awful .. your parents weren't even at the festival, why have a sad sentiment towards them for not receiving the blessing of youth????

Agree, I wouldn't say it's the worst implemented system (that award goes to the NAP's) but it's certainly up there, like just a few more lines of code to stop the yo-yo effect would have been awesome.

Yes I feel like I just need to accept that they will *never* introduce a balanced feature to TS4. It's always either completely overblown or entirely unimpactful, but very rarely just right. Sentiments aren't a terrible idea. They could've even been quite great if they'd been related to traits, which would've finally made the trait system more relevant as well. But no, instead, the sims team decide to give us randomly distributed sentiments, leaving us with even more non-sensical, story-breaking emotional states than we already have anyway and toddlers holding long-term grudges against their parents for asking them to eat dinner, instead of meaningful sentiments that actually improve sim personalities and make for more life-like sims with semi-realistic feelings and behaviors.

I don't hate TS4 but Star Wars, this pack, the NAPs, the sentiments .. I'm really losing faith that this team can code anything in a way that makes any sense. Do they ever sit down to think through scenarios? Do they realize if they give us Kotatsu tables, we'd want to make restaurants with them? Did they wonder if it would make sense for normal, well-adjusted children to be angry and depressed for days because of some random blessing at a random festival (like what, they think their parents and siblings actively prevented this blessing??)? Did they wonder why sims can still go out every day and cheat on their spouses but not really feel any guilt about it while they do bring home guilty gifts after working late (in probably only one VERY specific career)? Why do we have hospitals but can't go there to get treated when sick? Why do we have policemen that don't have anything to police? The list of disappointments is growing and I'm just saddened at how much more this pack made me turn away from TS4, how little I actually played it, and how little I enjoy the time I did spend playing it ...

Anywho. Sorry for venting, it's just so annoying.

It's ok, I completely get it! I feel exactly the same way, I couldn't have said it better myself. All I can hope as a fan of the Sims franchise is that the team will take what they've learned here into the next one (if there is going to be a sims 5), and pray to God, Zeus, Osiris, Jove, Odin or whoever is up there that it won't be another "was meant to be an online multiplayer that got condensed into a singleplayer because of a different game flopping." Or it doesn't become "live service".

Agreed :( let's hope!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I never want Sims 5. It will just be a nothing game at the beginning & newer graphics doesn't mean better game.
    I want the Sims 4 to keep growing for a few more years.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I never want Sims 5. It will just be a nothing game at the beginning & newer graphics doesn't mean better game.
    I want the Sims 4 to keep growing for a few more years.

Agree with you !!!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't like the builds the gamechangers made for Mt. Komorebi. There is so much MOO and terrain sculpting that the builds become really hard to modify at all. Last night, every little change I made would make about six objects disappear, because they had all been put in place using MOO. And I couldn't even put down a diving board for my pool because the terrain was so weird. I kept trying to lower and flatten the specific area, but ended up having to level the ground for the entire lot in order to place the diving board. But then my Sim couldn't get in the front door, because there was a weird raised area that wasn't ground or a platform -- I have no idea what it was -- so I had to raise part of the terrain up again. Uck. These builds look nice but are way too complicated to actually play with them.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Don't really know how unpopular this opinion is but I flipping hate the baby hair they have on one of the Snowy Escape hairs.
    I see a lot of people complain cause theres no baby hairs but I absolutely cannot stand them. It looks stupid and like its drawn on.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I'm not a fan of the overly ridiculous deaths, like a sim dying from laughter or getting killed by a bed. If it happens in my game I just immediately cheat to bring them back unless it's something reasonable. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often but when it does it gets irritating.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Spa Day is one of the best Game Packs. It is unique, with a lot of new animations and objects. Buy mode is awesome. Tiles for example are great. Modern with nice swatches. Counters have matching cabinets. Massage and youga animations are nice. This Game pack is really considered.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm sure this will be a very unpopular opinion but I don't like the new skin tone and makeup update. The sliders just over complicate things. I was fine with just picking swatches. It was simple and easy. Now all my sims are wearing overly bright makeup and it's going to be a pain in the bottom to fix all of them. :#
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm not interested in them adding story progression to this game.

Completely agree. I want complete control over my worlds and my Sims stories.

I'll play.....I want them to ditch the traits system all together!

Since the Sims 3 I've felt the trait system doesn't go far enough. I got far more excited learning a townie Sim in Sims 2 was a Family/Knowledge/Romance over finding out a Sim in the sequels had a romantic trait or family orientated.

It might make CAS less interesting but if they brought back the Sims 2 system (with character values, sentiments and lifestyles) then I would be one happy bunny!
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I hate when builders make this crazy beautiful house and use bb.moveobjects cheat don't say so in comment etc. you try to play the house and half the stuff will not work.
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited December 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I don't like the builds the gamechangers made for Mt. Komorebi. There is so much MOO and terrain sculpting that the builds become really hard to modify at all. Last night, every little change I made would make about six objects disappear, because they had all been put in place using MOO. And I couldn't even put down a diving board for my pool because the terrain was so weird. I kept trying to lower and flatten the specific area, but ended up having to level the ground for the entire lot in order to place the diving board. But then my Sim couldn't get in the front door, because there was a weird raised area that wasn't ground or a platform -- I have no idea what it was -- so I had to raise part of the terrain up again. Uck. These builds look nice but are way too complicated to actually play with them.
    Loucifer wrote: »
    I hate when builders make this crazy beautiful house and use bb.moveobjects cheat don't say so in comment etc. you try to play the house and half the stuff will not work.

I agree 100% with this. MOO has been torture on my game in the past causing some lag in my game and issues with sims routing. So I've just come to renovated the lots in the game myself or build my own without MOO. When I upload anything to the gallery I let people know if it has MOO (my past ones had it but I fixed them) even if I use it to place a single door. I also try to test all of my lots. I just wish more people would do that. I know how awesome things can look with MOO, but I prefer to avoid it unless I really need to place something that won't normally place.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think Sims 4 should have kept the system of one world per save. I think the amount of tiny worlds and the worlds being close together doesn't make sense. Focussing on just one larger world and its townies, with the option to move to another world permanently if you really want to, would be perfect imo. I don't like seeing Sims from other worlds walk around.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I think Sims 4 should have kept the system of one world per save. I think the amount of tiny worlds and the worlds being close together doesn't make sense. Focussing on just one larger world and its townies, with the option to move to another world permanently if you really want to, would be perfect imo. I don't like seeing Sims from other worlds walk around.

I agree, I find myself not minding townies so much in worlds like Windenberg or San Myshuno. But in worlds like Sulani and Mt.Komorebi I find myself kind of taken aback when I see the Sages from RoM or the celebrities from Get Famous wandering around like it's slightly immersion breaking, but I can normally handwave it with them being on 'vacation" it's only when they do the random "knock on door" social is when I get super annoyed, like can you leave my poor sims alone you random?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I also agree. When I play I try to keep my sims contained to worlds that match and seem like they would be close enough together for it to make sense for my sims to be able to visit without a vacation. I absolutely hate seeing sims from Sulani, Japan in what I would consider to be American themed worlds or the opposite way around.

Sims 4... Your sim just brought Miki home from school. My sim lives in Newcrest. Why would she bring home a Mt. Komorebi native from school? It makes no sense and I really dislike it when it happens.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

i disagree, to me it's all Simcity so idc about seeing sims from other places, i'm more annoyed by generated townies that no matter where you play they gonna dress like they come from a circus. anyways now i have mods to prevent them from spawning.
    so i'd rather have the option to change my sims place whenever i want rather than having to stick to only one. it's an option i actually want to keep cuz i move my sims pretty often. devs could add a toggle for this rather than delete the option altogether, it's like nerfing vampires instead of adding toggles for occults
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Mercy, no! I very strongly disagree. I'd hate to be limited as a player to one world, that's madness. It was one of the most restricting things about Sims 3 that I hated. I like to create a lot of households to put in my game and the more variety of environments, the more options I have. I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I love the Sims 4 world design mechanics for the most part.

I wouldn't mind too much though if most townies were restricted to their home towns, with some exceptions for big cities or vacation areas. StrangerVille and Batuu have townie limitations so it can be done. But I still want to be able to see my own Sims in other areas so I can interact with them.

For me it’s not the travelling that I dislike. I enjoy being able to visit other worlds. I just want the sims to be confined to their own worlds. Like take now for instance I’m playing a family in Newcrest. Every time my sim leaves the house to walk the dog, jog or visit a community lot there will be residents from other worlds ruining my immersion. Residents from Mt. Komorebi a place that in my imagination I consider to be a very long way from Newcrest. Sulani residents will be walking around the streets in their island attire. It all just feels very wrong to me. I want to be able to believe that Sulani is an island far away, Mt. Komorebi is a place on the other side of the world. I can’t do this in the Sims 4 because the game won’t let me.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

I also agree. When I play I try to keep my sims contained to worlds that match and seem like they would be close enough together for it to make sense for my sims to be able to visit without a vacation. I absolutely hate seeing sims from Sulani, Japan in what I would consider to be American themed worlds or the opposite way around.

Sims 4... Your sim just brought Miki home from school. My sim lives in Newcrest. Why would she bring home a Mt. Komorebi native from school? It makes no sense and I really dislike it when it happens.

Yes, I think it really breaks the immersion. I never accept dates with other Sims because the venue is always chosen randomly and is somehow almost always in a different world. I guess the local bar isn't good enough for these globetrotter Sims :D
    LiELF wrote: »

Mercy, no! I very strongly disagree. I'd hate to be limited as a player to one world, that's madness. It was one of the most restricting things about Sims 3 that I hated. I like to create a lot of households to put in my game and the more variety of environments, the more options I have. I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I love the Sims 4 world design mechanics for the most part.

I wouldn't mind too much though if most townies were restricted to their home towns, with some exceptions for big cities or vacation areas. StrangerVille and Batuu have townie limitations so it can be done. But I still want to be able to see my own Sims in other areas so I can interact with them.

I get what you mean about just one world feeling restricted. I think if all Sims were just tied to their home worlds (or a toggle option), it would make a huge difference already. The ability to travel to other worlds is useful indeed, I just wish the traveling would feel a little more meaningful I guess.
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I don't want completely open world, maybe open neighborhood, but not a whole open world. I didn't play the previous games but I saw the limitations that it brought and I'm glad that my computer can handle the game. I know some people are like "get a better computer" but I don't want a computer for a game that will probably stop playing in a few months.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top