Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    In contrast to a poll on the discussion panel recently, I actually really like the look of the Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack (haven't ever played Sims 3 but looked it up). Cupcake chairs! 😃
    Would love to see sweet themed furniture back in Sims 4.
    I also am really enjoying Eco Lifestyle. I like the funky recycled style, I like the amount of inventing and crafting you can do. Watching a sim cuddle a massive wichety grub is hilarious, and the random community actions provide some humorous moments during my game (they're big on bags in Sulani at the moment). Look at a mermaid swimming with a bag on their head and try not to laugh.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I actually really like Granite Falls and Outdoor Retreat. I enjoy having my Sims go camping / hiking and collecting things, and herbalism is great for my hippy sims. It's also a good pack for family gameplay - cabins and campfires make a great vacation option and it's good for little scout sims.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    I actually really like Granite Falls and Outdoor Retreat. I enjoy having my Sims go camping / hiking and collecting things, and herbalism is great for my hippy sims. It's also a good pack for family gameplay - cabins and campfires make a great vacation option and it's good for little scout sims.

I love the idea of Outdoor Retreat and Granite Falls. But I live in a place like Granite Falls, so I always get annoyed that my Sims can't actually live there.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    This has been said many times before, but I really don't want "free babies" it drove me absolutely crazy in TS3 when they'd take the baby out of the crib and then just set them down on the floor instead of putting them back in the crib or passing them to another sim to hold. It drove me even crazier when NPC visitors would come along and take the baby from the crib without asking the parents if it was ok, to only then put the baby on the floor...like can you just not?

Maybe our opinion isnt that unpopular, maybe the people with this opinion arent that vocal about it :joy: I did see a previous comment that said: I don't enjoy family gameplay. I do enjoy it but I just dont really care about it.

That seems to be the case XD XD XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited August 2020
  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2020
    I know there are rumours that Star Wars is the new GP pack.. this is probably an unpopular opinion but I really hope it isn’t true! I know I don’t have to buy it.. but as a fan I still want to give my thoughts on the pack that I just don’t want the Star Wars lore and Sims lore connected! It seems so weird and off. I’m content with Star Wars just being an entertainment thing in the sims world..
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Same! It just doesn't go with the Sims if you ask me. ^ @GardeningSimmer
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't know if this is more unpopular or uncommonly said, but here's another from me:

I prefer packs that blend in with the game than packs you have to go out of your way to use.

As an example: Get Together. Apparently, this pack is very popular. However, I haven't used it since the one week I did to test it out. I only ever remember I have it when I'm in Create-A-Sim and see the clothes from it. It's so easy to ignore.

Same with, well, all of the university packs. You have to whisk your sim away to another world/location entirely and focus only on that. Despite I do like University, I almost never use those packs for that reason.

I think Seasons or Parenthood are good examples of packs that just blend in well. You can't really forget they're there unless you go out of your way to not use them, but they don't take over the whole game either.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I like strangerville and it’s gameplay and think it gets too much hate on here
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This has been said many times before, but I really don't want "free babies" it drove me absolutely crazy in TS3 when they'd take the baby out of the crib and then just set them down on the floor instead of putting them back in the crib or passing them to another sim to hold. It drove me even crazier when NPC visitors would come along and take the baby from the crib without asking the parents if it was ok, to only then put the baby on the floor...like can you just not?

Have to admit one of the cutest moments in Sims 3 was when my teen brought his girlfriend home from school and his kid sister was getting fussy, so the girlfriend went straight into the toddler's room and calmed her down. That pretty much decided me that my teen was going to marry her. <3 (And she didn't put the kid on the floor!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Have to admit one of the cutest moments in Sims 3 was when my teen brought his girlfriend home from school and his kid sister was getting fussy, so the girlfriend went straight into the toddler's room and calmed her down. That pretty much decided me that my teen was going to marry her. <3 (And she didn't put the kid on the floor!)

Awww, now that's cute! <3
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

It's like this on every Sims related forum across the internet and I don't get it. To each their own though. I loved the storyline gameplay of actually having "missions" and having to find certain people at a specific lot in order to progress. Like finding the items you need and having to talk to the scientists. I wish we had more story based packs likes this.

Also if you liked StrangerVille and don't know about the PS2 games, they were all pretty story based like this. Bustin' Out is my favorite but Sims 2 was just as good. I never got to fully play through The Urbz but might end up emulating it and doing a play through.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like NAPs. Yes they need a little fixing and tuning, but I really like the idea of creating different kind of neighbourhoods with them.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

It's like this on every Sims related forum across the internet and I don't get it. To each their own though. I loved the storyline gameplay of actually having "missions" and having to find certain people at a specific lot in order to progress. Like finding the items you need and having to talk to the scientists. I wish we had more story based packs likes this.

Also if you liked StrangerVille and don't know about the PS2 games, they were all pretty story based like this. Bustin' Out is my favorite but Sims 2 was just as good. I never got to fully play through The Urbz but might end up emulating it and doing a play through.

For me the only problem with strangerville is the story being too short xD I actually enjoyed and it was fun but it ends so quick :(
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Controversial but in my opinion Vampires is bad and really poorly executed. The worlds tiny and there's physically nothing for vampires to do. The perks are pretty much all boring until you become a master vampire and they add nothing to my gameplay and other than that there isn't really anything to do with vampires. Vampire sims can talk about vampire stuff with other sims, sleep in a coffin, do some uninteresting hallucinations on other sims and vampiric spar and that's literally it. It's just boring. And then they level up and become master vampires by... reading? Vampires is only fun if you're a big storyteller who has a whole vampire storyline
    Also it bothers me how there's a grand total of *3* premade sims built in to the world. Just seems like pure laziness to me.

kemowery wrote: »
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, I dunno: Until we see actual gameplay rather than just some "walled garden" tech demos and proclamations about what will be in the game, I'm just not that interested in the supposed Sims-killing game that starts with P.

THIS. It bothers me how people act like that game is revolutionary and will be the perfect game and will fix all of The Sims' problems. It's a small indie game and there's nothing of actual gameplay out there yet which is what makes the game. Back in around 2010 there was tons of online games like that with characters, houses, etc. this game is nothing special in comparison and similar things have been done time and time again. If the gameplay is amazing then I'll take it seriously but right now it's comparable to Roblox and house flipper. And as much as people don't like to hear it, it bothers me how they're pushing sims YouTubers to promote their game and are just completely targeting disappointed sims players.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Unpopular opinion, I really don't like the aliens in this game. They sound and look cool but they have really minor power abilities in my opinion.
  • ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    I have seen a lot of people not liking the idea of this new pack (Which is valid). But I personally really like the idea of a Star Wars/Futuristic/Spacey themed pack. I especially can’t wait to see the build&buy items in this one, and for the new gameplay too of course.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Chatsa wrote: »
    I have seen a lot of people not liking the idea of this new pack (Which is valid). But I personally really like the idea of a Star Wars/Futuristic/Spacey themed pack. I especially can’t wait to see the build&buy items in this one, and for the new gameplay too of course.

Me too! I kind of hope it isn't the actual Star Wars brand but I'd love a futuristic or sci-fi or futuristic city theme a lot.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I rather the new pack was a sci-fi/futuristic pack over a snowy resort vacation pack. (Even saying this, we don't have a snow world yet so I get the desire for one and it would be fair to add one (still going to cheer for more sunny and warm climate worlds though. ;D))
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't care for Parenthood. The ask for advice thing breaks my immersion into game. The character values do not make sense to me. I get 3 choices and all impact the values negatively even if it's clearly the right choice. It makes no difference what I choose for my Sim. It's always negative. I want an on off switch in the options menu to turn this stuff off. I avoid playing kids and teens because of this. I can not stand the walk teens get and they can come home from school mortified and die on the sidewalk. I have to mod my game and/or cheat if I play with teens.

I like occult Sims but I don't want them in every save. I want to able to pick which ones or none appear in my game game. I do not want my male Sim ending up with an alien baby just because he is developing his logic skill.

I do not like the active careers. I have only tired the scientist career and did not care for the repetition and at the time the active careers were not working correctly. I don't know if they were fixed or not. I don't like leaving my other Sims in the household to fend for themselves while I am at work with my Sim. I might revisit this with a single Sim in the near future.

I like the idea of EL and really wish it worked well for an industrial environment. I got the mod but haven't played yet. I am taking a break from the game right now.

Nifty Knitting is cool but once again I am waiting for a mod to fix it. There is no need for my Sim to knit every waking moment. She has several autonomously started projects to complete. The skill is does not line up with the time it takes to knit. My Sim was level 4 with only 1 and half projects complete. Some parts of the aspiration are not working for me.

I don't care what the new game pack is. I just want them to stop teasing us and just tells us already! Done with the hype already.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    kemowery wrote: »
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, I dunno: Until we see actual gameplay rather than just some "walled garden" tech demos and proclamations about what will be in the game, I'm just not that interested in the supposed Sims-killing game that starts with P.

THIS. It bothers me how people act like that game is revolutionary and will be the perfect game and will fix all of The Sims' problems. It's a small indie game and there's nothing of actual gameplay out there yet which is what makes the game. Back in around 2010 there was tons of online games like that with characters, houses, etc. this game is nothing special in comparison and similar things have been done time and time again. If the gameplay is amazing then I'll take it seriously but right now it's comparable to Roblox and house flipper. And as much as people don't like to hear it, it bothers me how they're pushing sims YouTubers to promote their game and are just completely targeting disappointed sims players.

I understand your point, but it's not like they're holding a gun to those players' heads. Disappointed Sims players were already on the hunt for something else. Those players would've come to them sooner or later, regardless of who they targeted.

Also, they have shown some features that Sims has never has had, and one of their videos showed the game will have a color wheel, something many players still long for in Sims 4.

It's really no secret at this point that the Sims has zero competition and the team knows it. The team could mark up the Sims 5 (if it happens) to $100 and they would still profit because there is no other game like the Sims series that comes close to what it is. The team doesn't have to try hard. They already have the die-hard fans locked in and there are a lot of them.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top