Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    The 2D world maps in the Sims 4 are really cheap and underwhelming - and they should've at least tried to add movement/animations to them. The fact that the maps don't change with the seasons is also really weird and lazy.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    I don't get it when people laugh about bugs. The fire toilet thing, dancing firefighters, townies in weird outfits, pets and dead people calling you to hang out. It ruins the game for me.

The firefighter dancing isn't a bug
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Sharing and caring is a great N.A.P.
  • Euphoria97Euphoria97 Posts: 33 Member
    > @Yubell said:
    > I think some modders create better content than the sims team and I believe that the hospitals in-game are utterly useless and a massive missed opportunity.

the last toddler on ur sig picture looks like Toshio from The Grudge
    https://dragcave.net/user/Add723
    CLICK THE LINKS! HELP ME RAISE MY DRAGONS!! o:)
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I think that Seasons is something that would only annoy me more... I don't want to cancel plans because it's storming!
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think that Seasons is something that would only annoy me more... I don't want to cancel plans because it's storming!

Lol this has ultimate extroverted diva energy.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    > @EliasVersace said:
    > The 2D world maps in the Sims 4 are really cheap and underwhelming - and they should've at least tried to add movement/animations to them. The fact that the maps don't change with the seasons is also really weird and lazy.

I have to say, I have always found this opinion to be fairly popular. The neighborhoods would be a lot less frustrating, with their static and boring nature, if a lot of the new ones simply had more lots. Especially with the expansion pack ones, like Del Sol Valley and such.
    I think the Sims 4 is a throwback game to everything that was previously in the franchise because the Sims team can't come up with new ideas.

Basically all the premades are from previous franchises and we get more every pack.

All the expansion packs are copies of older ones but worse. (especially the notorious jungle adventure and city living, which I both dislike)

And Strangerville?! Really?! Just because Sims 2 gameplay of Strangetown was trending they had to make a world with the same name, that's also a desert and is also mysterious?

I could come up with more really.
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    Also, I have never been in favor of having Create-A-Style, or at least a color wheel, implemented in the Sims 4. I love the concept, it's use in the Sims 3, and I am totally down to seeing it featured in TS5, but I believe if it were possible for clothing, skin colors, hair and et cetera to use a color wheel it would have been implemented already.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Basically all the premades are from previous franchises and we get more every pack.

Are you sure about that?

Legacy Sims: the Goths (4, TS1/2/3), Caliente sisters (2, TS2), Don Lothario (1, TS2/3), the Landgraabs (3, TS3), Izzy Fabulous (1, The Sims Mobile), Dustin Broke (1, TS2), Dirk Dreamer (1, TS2), Holly Alto (1, TS3), the Pleasant sisters (2, TS2). Total = 16 (10 in the base game (2014), 4 as NPCs in Get Famous (2018), 2 in Discover University (2019))

New Sims: Spencer-Kim-Lewis (5), BFFs (3), Pancakes (2), Roomies (4), Johnny Zest (1), Katrina Caliente (1), Munch (4), Free Spirits (2), Fyres (4), Partihaus (4), Behr (2), Bjergsen (4), Bro (2), Villareal (4), Rasoya (2), Bheeda (2), Salim Benali (1), Jang (3), Karaoke Legends (3), Penny Pizzazz (1), Diego Lobo (1), Feng (2), Vatore (2), Vlad Straud (1), Catarina Lynx (1), Hecking (2), Delgato (4), Venessa Jeong (1), Bailey-Moon (3), Judith Ward (1), Kayla Flemming (1), Brytani Cho (1), Eclectic Arts (3), George Cahill (1), Sigworth (3), Roswell (2), Erwin Pries (1), Kealoha (4), Kahananui (2), Ngata (3), Hoapili (2), the merfolk (4), Charm (4), Amicable Acolytes (2), the Sages (3), Elderberry (3), Best of Friends (2), Cameron Fletcher (1), the NPC teachers and ghost (5), Harris (5), Sterling Rico (2), Greenburg (3), Tinker (3) = 132

When legacy Sims like the Pleasant sisters show up, I'm sure it must feel like a lot, but the actual numbers really don't reflect that statement.
    ryttu3k wrote: »

Are you sure about that?

Legacy Sims: the Goths (4, TS1/2/3), Caliente sisters (2, TS2), Don Lothario (1, TS2/3), the Landgraabs (3, TS3), Izzy Fabulous (1, The Sims Mobile), Dustin Broke (1, TS2), Dirk Dreamer (1, TS2), Holly Alto (1, TS3), the Pleasant sisters (2, TS2). Total = 16 (10 in the base game (2014), 4 as NPCs in Get Famous (2018), 2 in Discover University (2019))

New Sims: Spencer-Kim-Lewis (5), BFFs (3), Pancakes (2), Roomies (4), Johnny Zest (1), Katrina Caliente (1), Munch (4), Free Spirits (2), Fyres (4), Partihaus (4), Behr (2), Bjergsen (4), Bro (2), Villareal (4), Rasoya (2), Bheeda (2), Salim Benali (1), Jang (3), Karaoke Legends (3), Penny Pizzazz (1), Diego Lobo (1), Feng (2), Vatore (2), Vlad Straud (1), Catarina Lynx (1), Hecking (2), Delgato (4), Venessa Jeong (1), Bailey-Moon (3), Judith Ward (1), Kayla Flemming (1), Brytani Cho (1), Eclectic Arts (3), George Cahill (1), Sigworth (3), Roswell (2), Erwin Pries (1), Kealoha (4), Kahananui (2), Ngata (3), Hoapili (2), the merfolk (4), Charm (4), Amicable Acolytes (2), the Sages (3), Elderberry (3), Best of Friends (2), Cameron Fletcher (1), the NPC teachers and ghost (5), Harris (5), Sterling Rico (2), Greenburg (3), Tinker (3) = 132

When legacy Sims like the Pleasant sisters show up, I'm sure it must feel like a lot, but the actual numbers really don't reflect that statement.

@ryttu3k Ofc not ALL of them are from previous franchises. Ever heard of a hyperbole? It is used in speech and in written word a lot. You should google it.

Just imagine The Sims 4 without those premades from previous franchises, I don't think I need to add on to that.

Oh and btw this is an unpopular opinions thread, if you don't know what that is I'm sure you can google that as well.
  • PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Winter and Christmas in TS4 are underwhelming and annoying and I usually skip the winter season altogether with the sims I play (with the weather machine).
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited June 2020
    Just imagine The Sims 4 without those premades from previous franchises, I don't think I need to add on to that.

So we now have four free houses, and people constantly complaining legacy families like the Goths were left out. There are so few of them that it's really not much of a stretch!
    > @SimmerGeorge said:
    > I think that Seasons is something that would only annoy me more... I don't want to cancel plans because it's storming!
    >
    > Lol this has ultimate extroverted diva energy.

I have strong feelings about Seasons and yes, when it comes to weather, I can be a diva :smiley:
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't want a farm pack.

Please take no offence by what I am going to say. It's meant in the spirit of realism. It's not meant to be mean or cruel. And it's not to start any negativity and hurt people's feelings. I apologize for saying this.

I would like random occurrences during pregnancy like miscarriages that can happen to my sim. It would give any sim without the hates children trait a sad buff but that level of realism I would appreciate.

Again I apologize if I offended anybody.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    > @drakharis said:

> I would like random occurrences during pregnancy like miscarriages that can happen to my sim. It would give any sim without the hates children trait a sad buff but that level of realism I would appreciate.

For me, I feel like the 80 percent chance of you getting pregnant is enough for me. There's a 20 percent chance you won't get pregnant in the start, which is a bit annoying at time. Once it took me four tries to get pregnant. It was very annoying and had miscarriages been a part I would have been worried throughout the three days that they're pregnant.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2020
    I honestly think sims 4 is the worst and most laziest sims game out of the entire franchise and I'm still disappointed. To this day I only have the base game but had every intention to buy more packs and get really into sims 4.
    giphy.gif

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2020
    Another couple of unpopular opinions from me. I'm in a mood today.

- I dislike female Sims in Sims 4; pretty much everything about them, but their behavior and voice when flirty is the worst
    - I also dislike fashion, dressing up, and makeup; every new pack gives male Sims about half of what females get in terms of wardrobe items

It's outright discriminating :#

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    - A farming pack would be extremely boring and a waste of resources and money that could be used developing something interesting and fun.
    - There needs to be a preteen stage.
    - There needs to be more fashionable adult/elder/modest sim friendly clothing.
    - We need more family friendly game packs. Aquarium/zoo, amusement park, a TS2 type freetime pack and a generations type pack.
    - All the distressed clothing needs to stop. Can we get some regular jeans that aren’t torn, ripped, frayed or have weird stitching, folds and designs? Just plain jeans. Flare, boot cut, baggy, skinny. All the styles but plain. For everybody.
    - Toddlers need more clothes and shoes.
    - There needs to be more delivery food options.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    @UniqueKhaos

Completely agree with you on the jeans thing. I am so tired of distressed/decorated pants... I just want plain jeans that are nicely cut please. I thought we almost had some with those male DU jeans but they have the dumb stripe down the side! Ah!
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @UniqueKhaos

Completely agree with you on the jeans thing. I am so tired of distressed/decorated pants... I just want plain jeans that are nicely cut please. I thought we almost had some with those male DU jeans but they have the dumb stripe down the side! Ah!

I had so much hope for those jeans...and then I was let down lol. I don’t get their fascination with the distressed look or the patterns and odd designs they choose. Just give us some plain “boring/basic” jeans.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @UniqueKhaos

I had so much hope for those jeans...and then I was let down lol. I don’t get their fascination with the distressed look or the patterns and odd designs they choose. Just give us some plain “boring/basic” jeans.

And there are too many highwaters, can't forget that. lol Some nice dress pants that are long enough and not flared would be really nice too.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I love EL and as an aspiring urban planner and irl architect, I would actually like to commend The Sims Studio for trying to use their platform to spread environmental awareness by releasing “a pollution pack that nobody asked for”. EL teaches Simmers of all ages that there are roles they can play in making the world more sustainable no matter how small they think it to be. We may just be simply sorting recyclables from the household trash; or choosing alternatively sourced energy; or observing green architecture and building practices; or joining the career based on real life Urban and Environmental Planning; or (my personal favorite) actively supporting and participating in community solutions and policies that literally reshape our neighborhoods; or maybe we’re not doing anything at all. In the end, all these actions have an impact on the environment. This EP delivers a strong responsible message (albeit in an oversimplified manner) and is a much necessary and more relevant addition to the game than any horses or werewolves pack will ever be,
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    > @UniqueKhaos said:
    > - A farming pack would be extremely boring and a waste of resources and money that could be used developing something interesting and fun.
    > - There needs to be a preteen stage.
    > - There needs to be more fashionable adult/elder/modest sim friendly clothing.
    > - We need more family friendly game packs. Aquarium/zoo, amusement park, a TS2 type freetime pack and a generations type pack.
    > - All the distressed clothing needs to stop. Can we get some regular jeans that aren’t torn, ripped, frayed or have weird stitching, folds and designs? Just plain jeans. Flare, boot cut, baggy, skinny. All the styles but plain. For everybody.
    > - Toddlers need more clothes and shoes.
    > - There needs to be more delivery food options.

I agree 100% on the jeans thing. Not only that, but I want more proper skinny jeans (ie actually fit tighter, especially around the ankles) instead of the straight leg jeans we normally get. As well as the modest friendly clothing. I want more hoodies, t-shirts and sneakers for my girl Sims. I don't want to just use the male items since they look terrible on thinner female Sims (and my main Sim is super petite but also very very modest.)

And I would also LOVE a zoo pack. Animals are pretty much my life, so having one would pretty much ensure that I buy it.

And I agree with toddlers too.

Now onto my personal opinions...

- I absolutely hate Dine Out. It is by far the most worthless pack to me and is more annoying than enjoyable. I only use the restaurant feature to get SOME use out of the pack, and because they look nice in the worlds.

- I don't think there are nearly enough occults in Sims 4. They're a huge part of my gameplay and I want more. Demons, angels, werewolves, fairies/elves, just to name a few.

- On a similar note, I don't mind if they are tied into their own packs. It allows them to be fleshed out and doesn't force non-occult players to put up with them. If there were another expansion pack to introduce occults though, I would like for it to be a completely supernatural/occult dedicated pack.

- Getting a Superhero pack is far more important to me than a Farming pack. I'd probably only use the animals and world in a farming pack, which would be the only reason I get it, But would 100% buy a Superhero themed pack. Marvel has become a huge part of my life the past few months and I would love a Superhero pack loosely based on Marvel and/or DC. I even have a few ideas on how it could be implemented.

* The option to play as a superhero or supervillain, mainly just determined by traits/aspiration. Like there wouldn't need to be a super in depth coding change to make these different. It could be a simple as an aspiration difference. The superhero wants to save other sims and the world from chaos, and the villain wants to wreak havoc. That being said, there could also be an antihero or neutral aspiration as well.

* In addition to that, traits that determine whether the hero/villain is open to working with the opposite force, or absolutely hates their opposite would really help to give the hero/villain a distinct personality.

* Similar to vampires and mermaids and aliens, there could be a civilian form which is your Sim's normal appearance, and the superhero/supervillain form. Players could choose to give them a full body costume like Ironman, Black Panther, and Spiderman. Or something more like Black Widow and Thor, just slightly different than the civilian form. Or even go all out X-Men style, different skin color, eye color, tattoos/skin details, etc. Basically, just how different forms have been done before and a costumes added to CAS.

*Perhaps most importantly... powers and weaknesses. Again, this could just be similar to vampires. Based on the perk/power point system, players can "buy" what powers they want, and eventually have to select a few weaknesses as well. It can be interesting new powers, or powers that have been seen in superheroes/villains for years. Such as a force-field, flight/teleport, elemental/weather manipulation, super speed, etc. And as far villain powers go... just add a few "darker" options, or powers that can be destructive when used by villains. There could be a dark aura for instance or whatever the Sims team decides. And of course weaknesses, again just something to ensure nobody is omnipotent and is more human.

*Groups/societies. You know like there's Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D, there can be groups with a positive reputation, and some with a negative reputation that the heroes and villains can be a part of.

* A new world. It doesn't matter what kind, I just love getting new worlds.

- I am not excited at all about Sims 5, especially if it IS going to be online/multiplayer. The gallery is good enough for me. I would much rather see Sims 4 continue to grow, or have Sims 5 still be single player but with some improvements.

- I've never experienced the open world, but from what I have seen, it doesn't interest me. At all.

- I love Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow but I wish they were A LOT bigger. They don't need to be as big as say, Windenberg although I would absolutely love that. Even just 10-13 lots would be fine with me.

- I do not like Sims children. At all. I find them super boring and never play them. I've really come around to toddlers though.

- On that note, (and this goes for packs, mods, and base game) I hate hate HATE that all the cute clothing (ie clothing with fun prints, or super cute animals, and other graphics) seem to always be made for children only. Even though I'm a 20-something year old woman, I highly prefer to wear t-shirts with cats, owls, foxes or hearts on them than just like a geometric pattern or stripes. "Grown" women love cute stuff too!!!

- I can not bring myself to kill/torture my sims or even let them die of old age/natural game causes. I have MCCC and have disabled emotional deaths, I tend to buy better stoves so my sims don't catch fire, and put them out ASAP if they do, and play with aging off. If I want to age them, I'll do it myself. I refuse to let them age and die.

- I absolutely could not live without pets in my game. If I could pick only one pack, it would without a doubt be Cats & Dogs. I would even give up all occults if I were forced to choose between them. That being said, Cats & Dogs is my favorite pack for this sole reason.

- I really don't care if cars get added or not. The way travel works in the Sims as it is, I don't see a need for them. There's already decorative ones in Debug and that's good enough for me.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's good for now.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Dine out is the best GP.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top