The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you starting a new save for RoM

13...Next

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I always like to start fresh with every pack out. So I usually either delete my save folder or move it out. Mostly because I play with mods and don't want to risk messing things up when I remove them and by the time I start putting updated mods back in I have gotten too into playing with the new save.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Nope
    Currently no because I have the perfect sim I want to make into a spell caster. She is an animal lover who I want to make a vet when she grows up, she’s currently a teen. I feel like she’d be such a fun character to turn into a spell caster and for some reason a vet with magic sounds like a fun combo to me. Plus how you become one in game from the little I’ve seen sounds like too cool and I want to try it instead of just making one in CAS.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes, definitely
    It seems like I start a new game every time I get a new pack. I don't know why I do that ;-(
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Not sure yet
    Eh, I have plenty current worlds to explore magic in (my Vampire world, my legacy, my super sim) and I currently have no inspiration for a magic-focused world state. I mean, most likely my Vampire world is just going to become a Urban Fantasy world state so.

But not saying 100% because if inspiration strikes I am absolutely starting a new save. I am a fickle creature.
  • mnyxmnyx Posts: 36 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I typically start a new save for each pack that comes out
    tumblr_ox6lw9iaeh1tcw5z8o1_1280.jpg

sig and pic by cooper322
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nope
    One of my absolutely favorite things about Sims 4 is not having to start a new save for a new pack. There always seems to be a way that a pack makes sense in my existing save without doing that. I suspect that if I kept realistic and non-realistic play well apart, I'd feel differently, though. Or if I wasn't a rotational player.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Nope
    Using same save. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    Nope
    I took my Goth twin boys and moved them in with the lotto winners kids and have been skilling them up to play with. The household has a vampire and a sim who desires to become a vampire. It should be a lot of fun to play. I haven't gotten very far with playing the vampire role so I wanted to do that along side the spellcasters.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope
    Never. It takes too long to set up my towns with the lots I've downloaded. I play the same save as long as I can when possible. I also don't want to lose anything like relationships, ghosts, etc.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nope
    fullspiral wrote: »
    No. I've been carrying on the same save almost from the start. I had to remake it once when the original got corrupted, but most of my original sims are still in my worlds somewhere. I just keep adding and changing it as the sims 4 world expands. It's so very handy to have a level 10 scientist, or a level 10 gardener, or a level 10 anysim if needed.

I also have a very rich sim who is used to buy retail or restaurant lots so I can fix them up any way I want and then sell it afterwards. Plus all the lot changes I have done! I wouldn't want to go back to that original untouched sim world with all the original premades and start over again.

I could have written this myself. You've described my situation precisely, lol.
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    Nope
    No, I've spent way too long a time on my current save making every lot and sim to my specification. I don't want to do that all over again. I've been playing the same save since Seasons came out.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not sure yet
    Guys just a heads up: apparently non-played (non-favorited) sims can be randomly turned into spellcasters. I ended up starting a new save so I don't care but for those with a four year old save, I'd rather you knew about this.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Nope
    I spent the past few real-time days just getting a sim ready as an alchemist, aging off. What I was having her do was to gain all her herbal skills, plus learn the potion from the hermit.