Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you starting a new save for RoM

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Not sure yet
    I don't know. I have my favorite save, which I have been playing the most. It's likely I'd add my spell caster sims there. But, it might be fun to start something new, and go in a different direction.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not sure yet
    All of you simmers with years of playing one save, you all have a much higher attention span than I do!

I tried setting up a save for ROM with a child sim who lives in an orphanage. I wanted her to grow up to be my first spellcaster but I can’t get interested in her story when I want the pack now 😆

I’ll just have her start over in a new save and imagine her life before she popped out of CAS. I was also planning on leveling her up in herbalism but I think learning the skill while also leveling up in magic will help slow me down so I don’t grind out everything there is to know in the new pack too quickly. 😁

Hahah you and me both :D I'm also impressed with people playing the same save for years. I usually play mine for 1 year max, maybe 1,5. But 4-5? Yeah no :D Ok it's true that all my sims in whatever new save I make are taken from the older ones (so my worlds do all look super similar as I also copy over all the same restaurants and venues xD), but still. The main family usually changes, or sims get new names and new lives, or only part of the family gets copied over, etc.

But yeah for this one I also really can't seem to prepare anything anymore, all I can think about is adding RoM. Suddenly every normal life sim stuff bores me 😂

I think right now I'm leaning towards a completely new save though. The problem is that my current save has been so carefully established, and since I don't like keeping aging off for too long, I'm afraid that all the sims in it will be dead by the time I'm done exploring RoM. I also think I will start out with a whole magical family as I have been looking forward to playing a magical family for soooo long now. Maybe their kids can be the ones who'll start the magic school :D

Sorry for rambling.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes, definitely
    My main save at the moment is a realistic one set in the Victorian era. I am ready for a modern world and a new save. :) I'm going to do it legacy style, beginning with a spellcaster in Glimmerbrook, and the heir of each generation will have 2 kids (maybe more if whims and aspirations require it) and the younger children from each generation will move to different neighbourhoods and their descendants will be played in rotation with the main household. It will be fun seeing how the family tree develops. I am going to make use of the location specific aspirations, for example, one secondborn child will do the Strangerville quest because a favourite sim died when I was playing the aspiration during a previous save and I never went back to it. I'll also do the Island Living aspiration for the first time, and the San Myshuno one because I'm not sure I've ever completed it, probably the vacation world aspirations as well because I don't always manage to complete those. I will probably do the ROM aspirations with the heirs of gens 2 and 3, and let the gen 1 sim do something that's relatively easy, and more familiar.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I always start a new save with a new Game or Expansion Pack. Not sure why. I do tend to import some of my favorite households over to the new one though.
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    Not sure yet
    I'm undecided on whether I want to prep a save or not. I have a few times with past expansions/packs but those mostly entailed townie/premade makeovers and redecorating some houses.
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nope
    making a new save is a lot of work for me. It takes me at least a week to set everything up. So no, I'm not going to be doing that especially not for a game pack.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Nope
    Usually I would, but I’ve got a family save where one of my sims would make a very good potions spellcaster. Or I might start ROM with a duplicate save of that family.
  • RebeckaGabriellaRebeckaGabriella Posts: 23 Member
    Nope
    I'm starting new generation in the same save
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Nope
    I also think cloning machine from science career will be of a great use for all the ingredients and potions, and I always have several high-ranked scientists in my save ;)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not sure yet
    Not for now. I know exactly what saves I want to use and there's like 3 of them. I do tend to make new saves for new themed games so I'm sure I will eventually.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I will use my same gal since I have her saved to my library but will make a new game and pull her in as my sim.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Not sure yet
    Really more of a "yes, probably", but what I know I plan to do is have at least one of my existing Sims become a spellcaster, and probably pick an attractive RoM Sim to marry, continuing my Legacy into its fourth generation. But I also have ideas for a Witch household, which may well launch as its own save. We'll see.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I started a new save and had a sim start learning herbalism and gathering random stuff she might need later for potions. She also has her dead parents in her inventory so she can bring them back when she becomes a spellcaster.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I started a new save and had a sim start learning herbalism and gathering random stuff she might need later for potions. She also has her dead parents in her inventory so she can bring them back when she becomes a spellcaster.

Very Edgar Allen Poe
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Yes, definitely
    I typically do, and it seems to help keep the bugs/glitches down. I already created a new save for RoM, and made a new character. She loves collecting and gardening so I think she'll be great at potions, and already has lots of ingredients on hand. Obviously she'll get an outfit makeover and a house makeover, but she's pretty ready!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I'm really bored so I wonder if I should set up my new save with alterations to the vacation areas and a few other things.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I think I will! I have a save with a vamp in it, but I’ve played it for so long now that nearly everyone he knows is a ghost lol
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I am going to play out the backstory of one of my main sims that takes place about a hundred years before the current events in my game, so yeah, a new save with all the premades deleted. Really exiting, since I have been playing the same save from the time I started playing Sims 4.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope
    I am currently playing a young merman and am very happy with him. He is already in love with a young evil woman who will become a witch. This will be an explosive marriage!
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope
    I've only ever had one save, lol. I play multiple families within that one save, so I never felt the need to make a new one.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not sure yet
    Man this is an evenly balanced poll so far 😅 still leaning toward yes though. So close now, we'll know soon.
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    Yes, definitely
    Yes, and I have made a sim as well Raven Grady I have a back story in my head to play out.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, definitely
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Never did, never will.

I guess it's very good save game, but mostly it's good to get clean bug free, or so I'm told, there had been saying, people start over to get flesh clean game, so you had no issues with ancient save game, and no bug at all or little bit but still playable since? I had some bug here and there, and there is time I had to start over and it's help less bug with my saved sims carry over.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I just deleted my save file so now my 'main' save be a Caster
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope
    Nope! I'm still using the same saved game since the release of TS4. It's been a long time, and some of the Sims in there have been there from the very beginning (you just get attached to them). A lot has happened, and I am nearing 1000 posts for my story. It's a beautiful world consisting of both the people of my life and the random sims I meet, and RoM will be integrating into it.