Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you starting a new save for RoM

Okay so I'm conflicted! I really love my current save but it's also getting very crowded, so I'm afraid of adding 10 or more spellcasters to it, and I want my time with RoM to be as bug free as possible xD therefore I'm thinking of just starting a completely new save, dedicated entirely to the world of magic. But it's always so much work starting over and preparing a whole new world.

What are you guys gonna do and, especially, why?? Might help me decide!

Are you starting a new save for RoM 167 votes

Yes, definitely
41%
Nh6650JeanwindweaverDerellasunhair2008lilacksbalexspoom13overonPlayerSinger2010VibseMergadmcruddIsb917simm621StrangerthanAnmirlaMariefoxprice83friendlysimmerscchant86miss_simlish 70 votes
Nope
40%
Akl500PCK213icmnfrshGRIMMYIcewolfLaBlue0314IceyJBlkBarbiegalaelias24SabrosaMartinvColorist40AyradyssSpanglesjustChrisUkBagoas77luthienrisingNivyxalanmichael1SxcDannii202 68 votes
Not sure yet
17%
honeypooh1267Lharper322Cabelle1863xosummerloverxoCamkatelanorbretonloubyloulouAngellulugothprincess4everMirichaSindocatfiercephoenix91sillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtHermitgirlRasia SilverRedShoe7SimTrippypihwhtSAEldarin 29 votes

Comments

• Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Nope
    Never did, never will.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not sure yet
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Never did, never will.

You've been playing the same save since 2014 :astonished: that's crazy!
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Nope
    Yes, exactly. So much done, dynasties and all that stuff. And my main sim from day one is still my main. Man, he is powerful being :D And now he is ready to become even more powerful - a spellcaster!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not sure yet
    Wow your sim must be crazy powerful indeed. :D I don't think I could even stick to one sim for that long - except my sim Chris maybe, he's awesome, but he spends his days vampiring around his mansion while I'm off playing other families xD
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes, definitely
    Deleting my vampire and making a new save of a Caster. (Who'll be straight outta CAS cuz the mote quest is a bit dumb)
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I always start a new save with game packs and expansion packs, but I will also make some of my existing Sims Witches or Warlocks (I know the game calls them Spellcasters but I don't).
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Nope
    Nah, I'm going to make some of my current Sims into spellcasters. I have a Goth great grandchild who has vampire and alien in her genetics but is a human. I think she will be the first of my Sims to find the portal. Her vampire sister can tag along and cause some trouble too :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Nope
    I’m continuing with my main save. My 12th gen heir (whose mother is actually Princess Cordelia!) will be my first spellcaster. And I have plans for her and Morgyn...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope
    I've been playing the same save since I started sims 4 and I will continue. Though I also play with aging off and I don't make legacies or anything.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'll start a new mod free test save because the current one has been around since the style influencer update, and it's starting to show.
    My main save however is many years old and that won't change.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Nope
    I've been playing the same save since I got the game. At some point I will probably try making another save and magic will sure be part of it. I'm just not there yet.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes, definitely
    I want to try not to but ultimately I probably will as I always have a habit of starting a new game for my sim to explore each pack (and I was afraid my recent game got corrupted since the last update. Seems buggy now. I been avoiding taking pictures after what happened the other day; but still keeps freezing at random times. Might just start a new game anyways).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Not sure yet
    Um, both?

I have a dedicated testing save where I'll probably play a spellcaster for about one turn of the seasons (that one is on average life, 7 day seasons I think) and I plan on turning one or both (or all three) of my currently child 5th generation in my legacy game into spellcasters. (the two older ones are almost ready to age up to teen)

And I'll probably start a new save to start developing my loose Chronicles of Darkness in the Sims adaption. (Still need real Fae and Werewolves, though.)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nope
    Hmm...

Well I guess both would have been a more correct answer when I think about it a bit longer. I will start a new save to test mods and CC with. That will give me an opportunity to try magic out a little bit and get some good spellcasters prepared that I can port into my main save. Back in my main save I will let my current sim become a spellcaster but I will not let her progress more than tier 1. She is simply the first generation of the legacy, there is lots of time to and story to build up.

I am really excited here, this will be fun!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes, definitely
    Voted Yes because I know myself and know that I'll want to start a new Sim/family/storyline. But I'll also add Spellcasters to my existing saves though, so the full answer would be: yes but it won't be the only save with magic.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, definitely
    Of course! I'm going to start the Legacy challenge that I decided to do way back when Island Living came out. The founder will start out as a normal sim then do the quest.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Nope
    I will be using my sims in island living as long as I can add a portal to the world.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Nope
    This is the first pack in a while that has been useful for my main save.
    I will be continuing their stories until I get bored with ROM, or I can't take their stories any further.
    I am still waiting for University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nope
    i dont like playing new saves.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope
    No. I've been carrying on the same save almost from the start. I had to remake it once when the original got corrupted, but most of my original sims are still in my worlds somewhere. I just keep adding and changing it as the sims 4 world expands. It's so very handy to have a level 10 scientist, or a level 10 gardener, or a level 10 anysim if needed.

I also have a very rich sim who is used to buy retail or restaurant lots so I can fix them up any way I want and then sell it afterwards. Plus all the lot changes I have done! I wouldn't want to go back to that original untouched sim world with all the original premades and start over again.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, definitely
    All of you simmers with years of playing one save, you all have a much higher attention span than I do!

I tried setting up a save for ROM with a child sim who lives in an orphanage. I wanted her to grow up to be my first spellcaster but I can’t get interested in her story when I want the pack now 😆

I’ll just have her start over in a new save and imagine her life before she popped out of CAS. I was also planning on leveling her up in herbalism but I think learning the skill while also leveling up in magic will help slow me down so I don’t grind out everything there is to know in the new pack too quickly. 😁
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope
    I've been prepping my two saves for magic and werewolves for quite some time. Half of my sims were created to be spell casters from the beginning.
    So I’m Just going to cheat to give them their powers they were originally suppose to be created with. They are the start of their legacies so there’s a plenty of time to start from scratch later!
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, definitely
    Yes and no. I have a main save/story that I will always return to, but I also plan on creating an alternative save where my main sim regains his humanity as a reward for being a good vampire and becomes a powerful spellcaster. That way I can still enjoy the pack and a new story with my main sim. In my main save he will likely befriend some spellcasters and I might turn his young daughter into a spellcaster or wait for fairies instead if toddler/child fairies have better/more occult features.
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, definitely
    yeah I am I have multiple saves for the Sim families I normally play. I think this new save that I start with will most likely end up being my main
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Nope
    I have 9 households in my main save, so what I will do is just add one more household. But I think I will turn the wife in a human-vampire household into spellcaster so she can make immortality potion.