Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED!- Spellcasters & Special CAS Assets?

okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
Confirmed!- It’s been confirmed via Simarchy’s early access stream that spellcasters will indeed have all of the vampire, mermaid, and even alien it seems CAS assets. These include eyes, all face details including teeth, I assume skintones as well, and yes POINTED EARS! I’m so happy! Lol

During the CAS portion of the livestream, they didn’t show off the eye or skin colors of Spellcasters, or any of the face details. I was really hoping they would at least get the same treatment as vampires and merfolk. But, maybe the Gurus just assumed we would know those would be included? I hope... It would be a shame if you couldn’t give your magic user Sims those pretty glowing eyes. And I was so hoping to make some “elves” with magical abilities, but idk if Spellcasters can have pointed ears either. Maybe it’s because they have no second form? Still, if our Spellcasters can only look [relatively] like normal human Sims, that feels like a huge oversight...
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
Post edited by okester on

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    As far as I know, there are no new skin or eye features for spellcasters but that's by design as they are indeed supposed to look like any other regular Sim by design of the theme of the pack. And yes, because they don't have a second form probably.

I don't know if I'd call it an oversight though, that implies that they forgot to include them, it's just a direction they chose for the pack.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I tweeted some of the Gurus to ask them about this. I’m still going to enjoy Spellcasters even if they have to look relatively normal. But it would be nice if they could have that extra magical something in their appearance.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    They don't have a separate form like the others, so they are basically humans but with special abilities that they learned and have no disguises which makes sense . There is some makeup and all that though.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    If you use MCCC to cure a vampire they will retain their vampiric features, I do it a lot to create freaky human sims. Make sure to reset all their powers and weakness before doing so or it can get buggy. Other than that there's no other issues that I know of.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    If you use MCCC to cure a vampire they will retain their vampiric features, I do it a lot to create freaky human sims. Make sure to reset all their powers and weakness before doing so or it can get buggy. Other than that there's no other issues that I know of.

indeed, i think to use this method for my storyline with hybrids of spellcaster's i imagine that other occults like aliens and mermaid can be hybrids of spellcaster because they dont have the skill tree abilites.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    To be honest, I wish they had shown a little less of the new CAS and build/buy items because I like discovering all that stuff for myself. Perhaps I should have turned the stream off halfway through haha. I enjoyed it but it would be great if there are things we don't know yet. Hopefully we can use the vampire and alien skintones and eyes with spellcasters.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    To be honest, I wish they had shown a little less of the new CAS and build/buy items because I like discovering all that stuff for myself. Perhaps I should have turned the stream off halfway through haha. I enjoyed it but it would be great if there are things we don't know yet. Hopefully we can use the vampire and alien skintones and eyes with spellcasters.

Imagine how cool it would be to have a cheat to release those things that are exclusive to the hidden, like eyes and skins. Style the new buydebug cheat.

I currently have to use mods and cp to be able to customize some sims the way I want
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

Imagine how cool it would be to have a cheat to release those things that are exclusive to the hidden, like eyes and skins. Style the new buydebug cheat.

I currently have to use mods and cp to be able to customize some sims the way I want

Hmm... I need pointy ears!!!

I would really like to play a magical elf 🙂
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There were some face stuff such as stars and what not.

Pw3RM5z.jpg
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Want my elf ears too. I am too lazy to do the cc dance with every update.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    there is curse that makes your sim look green and "ugly" (curses dont disappear unless you get potion to cure it) so there is that at least

I wish they do same as with mermaids and make vampire and mermaid eyes available for spellcasters
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there's a multi-part mod that unlocks all the locked cas options. it started just with the career-locked outfits and such but has also added in the things like vampire/alien ears, vampire/alien/mermaid eyes and such for everybody to use, if that portion of the mod is installed/activated.

and, the nice thing about this mod is that since everything is actually in-game content, if you pull the mod out, the stuff stays on the sims just fine (and isn't flagged as cc, though it is flagged as cc if you go to upload sims when it's still in your folder). this is how so many simmers have elves or fairies or playable skeletons or such on the gallery.

i've used it for a handful of my sims, giving aliens mermaid eyes or such, and fully intend to do even more with it for some of my spellcasters, though, oddly, it's mostly going to be the townies that i think get most of that treatment

also, @AquaGamer1212 that is actually a full-face makeup option
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    there's a multi-part mod that unlocks all the locked cas options. it started just with the career-locked outfits and such but has also added in the things like vampire/alien ears, vampire/alien/mermaid eyes and such for everybody to use, if that portion of the mod is installed/activated.

and, the nice thing about this mod is that since everything is actually in-game content, if you pull the mod out, the stuff stays on the sims just fine (and isn't flagged as cc, though it is flagged as cc if you go to upload sims when it's still in your folder). this is how so many simmers have elves or fairies or playable skeletons or such on the gallery.

i've used it for a handful of my sims, giving aliens mermaid eyes or such, and fully intend to do even more with it for some of my spellcasters, though, oddly, it's mostly going to be the townies that i think get most of that treatment

I know what it is. I added it because this is the only way you’ll be able to differentiate spellcasters from everyone else if you put this on.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would have loved an eye glow feature. My sorcerer, in my story He has glowing goldish-ember eyes, on top of his default Hazel eye color.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

Could I please have a link to this mod? :)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I would have loved an eye glow feature. My sorcerer, in my story He has glowing goldish-ember eyes, on top of his default Hazel eye color.

Use vampire you can use those eyes outside of a Vampire
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    It’s been confirmed via Simarchy’s early access stream that spellcasters will indeed have all of the vampire, mermaid, and even alien it seems CAS assets. These include eyes, all face details including teeth, I assume skintones as well, and yes POINTED EARS! I’m so happy! Lol
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    okester wrote: »
    It’s been confirmed via Simarchy’s early access stream that spellcasters will indeed have all of the vampire, mermaid, and even alien it seems CAS assets. These include eyes, all face details including teeth, I assume skintones as well, and yes POINTED EARS! I’m so happy! Lol

That's the news that makes me happy! One of my future spellcasters is waiting for yellow eyes and another one needs pointed ears.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Yay! That's amazing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Ohh my Llama!!! I am just amazed :)

Ohh, I a can make so many different spellcasters with this. Elves that get the immortal-treatment and other fun things. I am so so happy.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm actually wondering if simarchy has that mod installed, just because i've seen zero others with early access to the pack mention that and figured it'd be a big deal for at least some of them
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    i'm actually wondering if simarchy has that mod installed, just because i've seen zero others with early access to the pack mention that and figured it'd be a big deal for at least some of them

It was kinda sorta mentioned in the Sims Online article in connection to a bug. It said that eye color options for spellcasters don't show up properly and if you pick one, it causes the game to crash. They recommend sticking with normal eye colors for now.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

One of the perks is permanent Mote Sight which gives eyes a glow effect like the lightning powers.
    I haven’t seen any sims with pointed ears in the early access vids. I did see the eyes being accessible but they were not chosen.

Ohh... I might just really change my story in my current save if pointy ears are accessible and inheritable. Have always been quite happy about spellcasters being a lifestate but I was sad when I thought that that meant no elven looking sim wielding magic. Hey, I can always mod it but I would be very happy to have a homemade little elf doing a little bit of magic.

What can I say, I like the pretty pointy ears.