Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Don't Cave

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Inclusiveness does not just mean for those who are of a like mind. If you want to be inclusive you must adhere to all the people of all the world, and that can be some pretty gray areas and stop the judgemental task of thinking your own opinion has a moral highground. No, the moral highground is when you also accept, love, and appreciate, and tolerate someone (so called unlovable) who can say shocking things, mean things, controversial things or outside mainstream things, or it all becomes hypocrisy.

Responding to the Title (Please Don't Cave)
    ETA: Maxis please don't cave and remove the break in of Vlad in the game, or the alien male pregnancy abduction. Those were two of the most fun things I enjoyed and had a good laugh, but too late, already patched out. And I hope (I haven't played in awhile) you haven't patched out the messes kids made in the lot in NC...it was hilarious to me, but complainers were screaming to stop it, I hope you haven't as I intend to reload and find out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Inclusiveness does not just mean for those who are of a like mind. If you want to be inclusive you must adhere to all the people of all the world, and that can be some pretty gray areas and stop the judgemental task of thinking your own opinion has a moral highground. No, the moral highground is when you also accept, love, and appreciate, and tolerate someone (so called unlovable) who can say shocking things, mean things, controversial things or outside mainstream things, or it all becomes hypocrisy.

ETA: Maxis please don't cave and remove the break in of Vlad in the game, or the alien male pregnancy abduction. Those were two of the most fun things I enjoyed and had a good laugh, but too late, already patched out. And I hope (I haven't played in awhile) you haven't patched out the messes kids made in the lot in NC...it was hilarious to me, but complainers were screaming to stop it, I hope you haven't as I intend to reload and find out.

When did they patch Vlad? He tried to get in the house in my game this week but I had him locked out so don't know if he could do the usual biting session. He stomped around and then left.
    We've already had the first man to have a baby in the UK (documentary "Seahorse") on 10th Sept. so I feel a bit annoyed if it is just us females who get picked on. I Protest strongly. :o

I agree with all you said above otherwise. :)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2019
    Off-topic comment. Please delete.
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @TheIntrovertSimmer My post was pretty neutral commenting on both sides and it's remained. Plus there are a couple that agreed with OP and are no longer here.

@Cinebar The make a mess animation still occurs on its own, believe me. :(:D

@Simburian There is unfortunately a hierarchy of importance to the powers that be and women's rights and voices are at least third or forth on the list.

Yay! I thought it was funny kids in my hood were making messes since I last played during Parenthood. But saw many threads to remove it. I'm not really into pretty, clean, bright rainbows and butterfly worlds. There are a lot of things I hope they don't cave into pressure and remove.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Dear Gurus, developers and game designers,

You'll have seen some ugliness here over something as innocuous as traditional headwear. I'll admit, I found that a bit dismaying, myself.

Please do not allow vocal displays of intolerance to dissuade you from the diverse and inclusive vision you have for the game. I'd rather see a hundred packs of content that doesn't especially cater or appeal to me personally, than to see bigotry coddled.

You have all done a superb job so far, navigating difficult terrain, making your best effort, and correcting where actual mistakes have been made. Please, trust your principles are in the right place, and carry on.

Well said!! I couldn't agree more

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Alright folks, once again I've removed some posts that realistically have no place in this thread. If you've got an issue with how something has been moderated then DM a member of the moderation team. Don't derail a thread to discuss it, especially as discussing moderation is against the rules.

I'd also like to say, don't call other people out. Whether it's to point out they've broken a rule or to state that you believe they're debating in bad faith/trolling. At the end of the day that's what the report function is for. Calling it out in a thread is going to lead to an argument and the derailment of the thread so follow the rules and report a post instead of calling it out.

Keep this on topic and civil as I asked above.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Agreed. I'm sure they know it's a vocal minority who complained.

(tbf I only "complained" cause I wanted more of it :D )